• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HIAC rematch you wanna see

Johncena 34

Dark Match Jobber
If this has been done before sorry.

At the hell in a cell PPV we are going to be seeing a first...a rematch inside the hell in a hell, between John Cena and Randy Orton and it got me thinking.

Out of all of the HIAC matches in history what match would you like to see a repeat of?

If this has been done before sorry.

At the hell in a cell PPV we are going to be seeing a first...a rematch inside the hell in a hell, between John Cena and Randy Orton and it got me thinking.

Out of all of the HIAC matches in history what match would you like to see a repeat of?

Well, I wouldn't have been upset if the 2nd Taker-HBK WrestleMania match was a HIC match. It would've fit the matchfeud, given the "finality" of it. The match certainly didn't need it though, as it was great as is. Those two were basically guaranteed to put on a great match no matter what.

I think Taker-Mankind is the best HIC, but I can't see how a rematch could've possibly lived up to the first....and someone may have died if they tried. Literally. So can't say I'd want a rematch of that one. That one should stand alone.

If The Undertaker were healthy enough and could still go like he used to, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Triple H go at it in the Hell in a Cell again. Those two are the masters of the Cell. They put on a brilliant Cell match and told a great story that was full of emotion for the fans. Truth be told though, they really didn't need the Cell in that match.

In a rematch, I would love to see them to do what they do best, do what made them the kings of this hellish match in the first place, and that's destroy and brutalize each other inside the demonic structure, like they have done so many of their Cell opponents in the past. Use more of the Cell, more weapons, more blood. Hell, get Mick Foley to referee the damn thing. Shawn was the referee of their first Cell match, the watered down version; get both Triple H and Taker's other greatest rival, to be special guest referee of their second Cell match, the violent version.

As I'm thinking about it, I realized that I don't really wanna see any Cell rematches. The point of the Cell is supposed to be finality. That's why I hate having the annual PPV's with themes. It forces these matches into feuds that just don't call for them, and it diminishes the impact they have. Right now, Ambrose and Rollins calls perfectly for a Cell to end the feud. And Cena and Orton not only have literally no reason to have a HIAC match, they have -100% reason to be in HIAC other than lazy booking/story writing. The only other time a Cell match has been repeated was Punk and Ryback. And I don't think many people will look back on those too fondly down the line.

I'm thinking about the matches, and none of them really strike me as wanting to see one again. They happened, and the good ones were good. Don't need a second one. I like new, not repeat. But, admittedly part of that is I like my wrestling as realistic and logical, and this calls for fantasy booking. If the question was, "In the past which HIAC should have had a rematch?" then none, because a Cell added finality. None of the great HIAC stories ever needed a rematch.

However... if the question is just "Fantasy Book- HIAC rematch, which one?" That changes it. Two pop into my head. One would be Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H. Those guys had a hot feud that culminated in HIAC, and lord knows how much magic would happen if it were to happen again. The other would be Brock and Undertaker. Their cell match was a real bust ass affair. A very brutal HIAC. Just imagine the perfect fantasy booking scenario. WrestleMania 25 era Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar of today in a Cell. After their confrontation at the UFC event, it could be the Phenom, the man who made the HIAC cage (in)famous, against the most dominant force in the industry, the guy who proved he was a legit badass inside a cage. That fantasy booking match would be absolutely phenomenal.

I wish The Undertaker vs Kane could've happened when they had there original feud in 97 and 98. Both of them were younger and in better ring shape. Also back when there were less restrictions and they had allowed blood and chair shots etc. The feud still was still fresh back then and had a lot of steam. They could also build around how Kane made his debut in the original Hell in the Cell match.
We did eventually get to see them inside Hell in The Cell in 2010 and it was a disappointment. Both of them were past there prime and had a rehashed feud. Like many of the Hell in The Cell matches in recent years there were more restrictions so they couldn't have the violence they did in the Attitude Era. It's one of those matches that should've been a dream match but happened too late.

I would love to see another 6-Man H-I-A-C, like the one at "Armageddon" 2000.

I know it won't have the same 6 guys, but a modern day version would be good.

However, I suppose you can do a similar type of match with the Elimination Chamber now, so I don't think they will go backwards and have a 6-Man HIAC.

The rematch I want most we will never get and the is The Undertaker vs Mick Foley. I was praying when Foley returned to WWE we might get him vs Taker at Wrestle mania in a Hell in a Cell match. With the big angle being the Foley is the only man who is crazy enough to do what is necessary to end the streak. Mick Foley can promise to end the streak and if not he will retire. Would have been a good way for Mick to go out. Sadly due to all abuse Mick has done to himself over the years, as well as Takers current health status that is unclear. We will never see this rematch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back