• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HHH Still COO?

theViper

Dark Match Winner
So, according to the WWE.

Vince is still CEO.
HHH is still COO.
John Laurenitis is the Exectuive Vice President of Talent Relations and Raw GM.
Anonymous Raw General Manager.
Teddy Long.

Now what? I've been so confused by all of this. They say that someone is let go of their position, and then HHH said at the Smackdown taping that he was technically no longer employed by the WWE. Then on Facebook, under the WWE this is the quote.

"BREAKING NEWS: WWE COO Triple H - WWE Universe announced in Mexico City Sunday night that the first inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2012 will be the legendary luchadore Mil Mascaras!"

While this is awesome news, I do have questions. Does anyone really know what is going on, story line wise with their jobs? Anyone? I'm not stupid, and I know it's all story lines and that none of this is "real", but according to everything, can someone explain?

Short form: creative hot shot 4-5 months worth of buildup into just over 3 weeks creating a crazy clusterfuck of idiocy.

Long form ALL KAYFABE:

Vince was CEO, he appointed Bret Hart as Raw GM in 2010.

In May 2010: Bret Hart resigned as GM because of Nexus

This led to the Anon GM being brought in who stayed Anon because of Nexus.

Later on, Raw Guest Hosts also had power. John Cena gave a number...

Finally Vince McMahon returned to Raw because of the CM Punk contract/WWE Title situation.

The WWE Board didn't like how Vince handled CM Punk's walkout, so they removed Vince from Raw duties and made COO HHH in charge of Raw

This same WWE Board then didn't like the Wrestler's Strike that happened, so they relieved HHH as Raw GM, but let him keep title of COO in favor of Executive VP of Talent Relations John Laurinitis, who runs Raw while being Exec VP too.

Teddy Long is the Smackdown GM, he runs SmackDown. Sometimes when the Raw GM is unable to run Raw, he is granted temporary powers on Raw. Think of it as a situation like the one that sometimes happens at my job (I work at an electronics store) sometimes, our store's morning manager takes a day off so one of the other shift manager's fills in his shift. That's what Long does,

Make sense now? Because that's the best I understand this

Short form: creative hot shot 4-5 months worth of buildup into just over 3 weeks creating a crazy clusterfuck of idiocy.

Long form ALL KAYFABE:

Vince was CEO, he appointed Bret Hart as Raw GM in 2010.

In May 2010: Bret Hart resigned as GM because of Nexus

This led to the Anon GM being brought in who stayed Anon because of Nexus.

Later on, Raw Guest Hosts also had power. John Cena gave a number...

Finally Vince McMahon returned to Raw because of the CM Punk contract/WWE Title situation.

The WWE Board didn't like how Vince handled CM Punk's walkout, so they removed Vince from Raw duties and made COO HHH in charge of Raw

This same WWE Board then didn't like the Wrestler's Strike that happened, so they relieved HHH as Raw GM, but let him keep title of COO in favor of Executive VP of Talent Relations John Laurinitis, who runs Raw while being Exec VP too.

Teddy Long is the Smackdown GM, he runs SmackDown. Sometimes when the Raw GM is unable to run Raw, he is granted temporary powers on Raw. Think of it as a situation like the one that sometimes happens at my job (I work at an electronics store) sometimes, our store's morning manager takes a day off so one of the other shift manager's fills in his shift. That's what Long does,

Make sense now? Because that's the best I understand this

Yeah, I got it. It just seems like they went about it the wrong way. Of course, by your post you agree with me. Or at least that's the way it appeared. What is your opinion on it, and what would you do differently? This is not only to you, but the readers as well.

They couldn't get the payoff for the Anon GM that they wanted, so they kept going with it, hoping someone good would pop up. That ended up not happening, so they Mcmahon Millionaired it.

Johnny Ace has been trying to usurp power since his 2nd appearance on WWE TV, so he got an extra few syllables to add to his title that he has to state very implicitly everytime he's on air (John Lauranitis, executive vice president of talent relations is the worst catchphrase I have ever seen)

Triple H has no power on RAW, but he still has power behind the scenes as far as operations, he's a kayfabe producer that doesn't handle the talent now, as well as Smackdown, but all the superstars who walked out on him from Smackdown, magically have no problem if he takes over Smackdown for a week.

The whole storyline is full of holes and bruises, because it is being rewritten constantly minutes before it goes live. The trick to enjoying wrestling lately, is to not think about it.

No, HHH was never "fired" as COO. Watch the Vince/HHH segment again. Vince did say, although he flubbed his words a little, that HHH was still COO, but was "relieved of his duties of running Raw". Watch it again. Just before Vince fires him from Raw, he does state that the Board of Directors were retaining HHH as COO. Watch the video from 4:40 on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlM5CKqBMpM

For Viper: my opinion on it, they should have done the simplest 2 things possible:

CM Punk walks out and is rehired by HHH in same format.

Nash gets the text to beat up the champ, Del Rio Cashes in the same way

Finally: HHH starts looking for who did it, reveal Johnny Ace as both Anon Raw GM AND sender of the text. Keep it simple. No need for the rest of this convoluted cluster fuck

The thing that I don't get is what Triple H's COO responsibilities are if he's not running Raw or SmackDown. I don't know a lot about corporate positions and whatnot, but I would think that the idea of running daily operations would have a lot to do with the two weekly programs. Now that he's no longer in charge of either, what is he really doing during them that requires him to wear a suit all the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back