• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

He's Turned Into A MONSTER!

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Seriously, Daniel Bryan has gone full beast mode. He beat Orton, Batista and Triple H's ass before Wrestlemania, pinned HHH CLEAN at Mania with one arm and than went on to beat Orton and Batista for the WWEWHC on the same night with an even worse arm. I honestly can't remember such a massive push in a long ass time.

So here's the question... Where the heck does he go from here?

In Orton and Batista's defense, it's not like it was a handicap match and their alliance was short lived, they did plenty of damage to themselves as well. Especially Orton since he clearly got the worst end out of that powerbomb.

As for the future I expect
1. A actual title match with HHH
2. Lesnar
3. Batista
4. Orton, but probably in a another triple threat or possibly Fatal 4 way since they've done DB vs Orton 1 on 1 too many times.
5. Cena, he'll be back in the title hunt before long

I think that from here, he goes to even bigger challengers than the ones already conquered... A 100% fit John Cena, the "Paul Heyman Guy" Cesaro, the Streak-conqueror Brock Lesnar...

I think over the coming months, he'll beat Orton, Batista and perhaps Trips in Pay Per View title matches. Once he gets through all of those is when the real challenges come along.

I think Bryan will likely go over Cena at some point over the summer. I mean, does Cena really need the title? Brock Lesnar is a whole other story. I'm putting my money on Lesnar vs. Bryan at Summerslam. While Lesnar is the biggest threat to Bryan's title reign, do we really want another part-time champion after the Rock's boring run last year?

In terms of wildcards for ending the title reign, Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns are up there. Cesaro is also an actual possibility, though I have him down as a Money in the Bank winner.

And there's always the possibility that CM Punk will feel well enough to perform again in a few months time. I would bet that WWE would even encourage AJ to try and get him back. CM Punk, with the heat he'll have upon his return against Daniel Bryan at the height of his powers could be pretty awesome.

I would like them to revisit the feud with the Wyatt family again in the future. Once the Shield is done with The Authority, I think they just scratched the surface between The Wyatt's. Somehow, I'd like to see Bray feud with Bryan and have that somehow transfer to Shield vs Wyatts. And yes, having Cesaro with Bryan will elevate Cesaro to main event level and they would have fantastic matches. Eventually, Bryan and Cena will meet again, maybe Survivor Series or Royal Rumble

I believe Bryan and Cesaro could have a great feud. If the latter's not ready to carry the belt, he can easily lose and still get a rub from wrestling the champion in a main event match (or two).

If Lesnar takes the strap from Bryan I don't see Lesnar losing it unless he decides he doesnt want to be part of the WWE anymore. I think once Lesnar gets it he is gonna hold it for a while and destroy any and all in his path.

If Lesnar takes the strap from Bryan I don't see Lesnar losing it unless he decides he doesnt want to be part of the WWE anymore. I think once Lesnar gets it he is gonna hold it for a while and destroy any and all in his path.

Amen to that! Brock Lesnar as champion for a very long time will be a majesty and a real treat and after a year, people will die of curiosity as to WHO will be the one to finally end his title reign and it certainly will seem bigger than the historic CM Punk reign(with all due respect to Punk). I can see five star matches between Lesnar and Cesaro, and Lesnar vs Roman Reigns will be truly the Clash of the Titans! If only that would happen... because quite frankly, 5-foot-8'ers don't last very long as Champions/Championship materials, in a "big men" world of pro wrestling, and just like Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit, neither should Daniel Bryan.

It is truly incredible how big Bryan has become. He has defeated Triple H, Randy Orton, Batista and John Cena clean in the space of 8 months. That is incredible and I'm thinking no-one else has achieved this. Taker beat Cena way back when he was a nobody so it is clear that Bryan is indeed a monster.

There are a few matches with the Evolution guys I would like to see. I would love if he were to team up with The Shield at Extreme Rules but that is wishful thinking. After Orton, Batista and HHH he needs new challengers. There aren't many options but there are a few I'd like to see. Given the amount of talent on the roster, I don't think there is as much emphasis on the Title match.

Cesaro is an obvioius name. They could put on a classic. Bray and Bryan already had an awesome match and this would be a good place for Bray after his Cena feud. The Miz is something I'd really enjoy. The Miz was his pro in NXT and I like the idea of them feuding for the belt. The Miz can cut very good promos and the feud would work well.

There are plenty of options. Some underwhelming given how much he has already achieved but it should diminish his title run. A feud with Bray will work. If done right a feud with The Miz would ensure people are still behind the Yes movement.

Ultimately, I think we see Lesnar beating him for the belt. Summerslam could be too soon for Brock because he would have to commit full time but I think it is viable. I'm excited about how Bryan reacts to being on of the top guys and if the crowd stays with him.

Daniel Bryan can sell a program with or without an underdog storyline behind it.

We love to play pretend like we're all a bunch of well informed pro-wrestling journalists who are speculating plausible scenarios based on a supposedly educated perspective. Good for us, no, fucking great for us. We can suppose once again that perhaps all the mojo has been spent and that after reaching the top Daniel Bryan will lose his place for no longer being in the magical title chase.

Every time this happens, he proves the people who wander aimlessly through such well worded but careless thoughts dead wrong. The fans don't cheer for a catchy chant, a storyline or the really fucking stupid assumption that they live vicariously through him. The fans cheer for Daniel Bryan, they will cheer for him next year and the year after if he keeps the belt for that entire time.

I've been a fan of this guy since 2005, back in my Korea days. I was dealing with some pretty shitty circumstances back then, not the least of which being what the WWE was trying to pass for entertainment at the time. Cena marks, I'm talking to you.

Daniel Bryan getting the belt after fighting through so many obstacles was the perfect way to book him, fans of his like me have been inadvertently prepared for the finish of Wrestlemania XXX for the last three years. Daniel Bryan was put in a match with Batista not long after his debut and Daniel Bryan declared as a fresh face in the WWE "I am going to make Batista tap out!".

You're damn right he's a monster, sometimes the knight in shining armor is just a shiny ball of shit that only fights a battle so he can fuck the king's daughter. Well I encourage each of you to go out and read a book called "Grendel" by John Gardner, sometimes the monster's story makes a Hell of a lot more sense and proves that sometimes hero and villain are just labels for the weak-minded.

Daniel Bryan can sell a program with or without an underdog storyline behind it.

We love to play pretend like we're all a bunch of well informed pro-wrestling journalists who are speculating plausible scenarios based on a supposedly educated perspective. Good for us, no, fucking great for us. We can suppose once again that perhaps all the mojo has been spent and that after reaching the top Daniel Bryan will lose his place for no longer being in the magical title chase.

Every time this happens, he proves the people who wander aimlessly through such well worded but careless thoughts dead wrong. The fans don't cheer for a catchy chant, a storyline or the really fucking stupid assumption that they live vicariously through him. The fans cheer for Daniel Bryan, they will cheer for him next year and the year after if he keeps the belt for that entire time.

I've been a fan of this guy since 2005, back in my Korea days. I was dealing with some pretty shitty circumstances back then, not the least of which being what the WWE was trying to pass for entertainment at the time. Cena marks, I'm talking to you.

Daniel Bryan getting the belt after fighting through so many obstacles was the perfect way to book him, fans of his like me have been inadvertently prepared for the finish of Wrestlemania XXX for the last three years. Daniel Bryan was put in a match with Batista not long after his debut and Daniel Bryan declared as a fresh face in the WWE "I am going to make Batista tap out!".

You're damn right he's a monster, sometimes the knight in shining armor is just a shiny ball of shit that only fights a battle so he can fuck the king's daughter. Well I encourage each of you to go out and read a book called "Grendel" by John Gardner, sometimes the monster's story makes a Hell of a lot more sense and proves that sometimes hero and villain are just labels for the weak-minded.

Boy you just said a whole lot of nothing. And what is with this silly "Monster" term? Daniel Bryan isn't a monster. He's been doing the underdog roll since he entered the WWE. Even as a heel he was the underdog. I'm trying not to dwell on this guy's post but he's telling us to read books then claiming villain and hero are labels for "Weak minded" people. No, actually they're very basic elements of story telling. Everything this guy said to marginalize criticism of Daniel Bryan as "assumption" was based on his own assumptions. And then he goes and attacks John Cena fans for some strange reason. Why is that? Why is liking John Cena such a threat to you DB marks? Why can't John Cena work a match on the midcard without being shit on by you trolls? Is it because you know Daniel Bryan doesn't have the personality to stay over and you're worried that it's only a matter of time before Cena reclaims his spot? Well that's life. The WWE gave DB one hell of a rub at Wrestlemania. Let's see what he does with it and stop being such a paranoid bed wetter.

Whole lot of unnecessary rambling crap.

The fans do chant because they want to feel significant and that they matter, regardless of whether the chant has anything to do with the actual promo or not, just like those ******s that ruined Raw promos back in 2002 by saying WHAT when it was The Undertaker talking to Ric Flair. THEY DO LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH HIM, and I pity such idiots.

Yeah because John Cena talking normally, and portraying the "Never say Die, Never Quit" persona for a man of his size and resolve is really so much worse than a 5-ft-8 super hero with a chant, a T-shirt, and unstoppable resolve to beat 3 Evolution members on the same fucking night, right? Get over yourself because Cena fans are at least better than those ******s chanting YES and NO.
Prepared for the finish of WM XXX since 3 years? Hahaha. What are you, a fucking psychic? Daniel Bryan was little more than a mid-carder in 2011 and was a joke when he won the WHC from Big Show. It's another thing that thousands of fools exist in this world who root out for a tiny little pipsqueak devoid of charisma and mic skills and you happen to be one of them.

Yawn. Bray Wyatt isn't evil and John Cena is not a hero. Undertaker wasn't evil in 1999 when he crucified Austin and everybody who thought so was weak-minded, right? You're fucking absurd.

I see Daniel beating Orton, Batista, and Triple H in singles matches. At Summer Slam I could see Daniel Bryan .vs. John Cena - Rematch. I could actually see Cena winning this time and holding it till Royal Rumble.

Brock Will finally get over on Cena (Which should have happened at his debut) and win the World Title. Bryan Will win the Royal Rumble and we have...

Wrestle Mania 31
Brock Lesnar /vs/ Daniel Bryan - WWE Title

I think over the coming months, he'll beat Orton, Batista and perhaps Trips in Pay Per View title matches. Once he gets through all of those is when the real challenges come along.

I think Bryan will likely go over Cena at some point over the summer. I mean, does Cena really need the title? Brock Lesnar is a whole other story. I'm putting my money on Lesnar vs. Bryan at Summerslam. While Lesnar is the biggest threat to Bryan's title reign, do we really want another part-time champion after the Rock's boring run last year?

In terms of wildcards for ending the title reign, Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns are up there. Cesaro is also an actual possibility, though I have him down as a Money in the Bank winner.

And there's always the possibility that CM Punk will feel well enough to perform again in a few months time. I would bet that WWE would even encourage AJ to try and get him back. CM Punk, with the heat he'll have upon his return against Daniel Bryan at the height of his powers could be pretty awesome.

What you want doesn't matter in the slightest. Lesnar will beat Bryan, part-timer or not. In all honesty, what is the big deal about a part-time performer holding the strap anyway. Aside from a money in the bank cash in, when is the last time that the title was actually lost on weekly television anyway? Seriously, it has been a long time and I can't remember the last time it happened. Hell, many of the MITB cash-ins are on ppv's as well. This is totally un-related to the thread but I would give TNA some credit for this because they have had some title switches on Impact in recent years.

In all honesty, we're discounting one fact when looking into how Daniel Bryan will progress from here. That's the MITB winner.

I have no idea who'll win MITB this year. I just think that somehow, this year's MITB winner will factor into Daniel Bryan's title reign. I can see them doing another all-star MITB match this year, especially now that they have only one title to go for. Like last year, MITB winner could be a handpicked authority guy just to take the title off Bryan and continue the 'underdog' storyline some more. He doesn't even have to take the title off Bryan, just feature around his matches to put doubts in people's mind that Bryan can lose his title anytime.

I expect Bryan to fight the authority some more in coming couple months. But after MITB, the landscape may change completely. While I fully expect Lesnar to feature in the title scene at some point, I am not sure that Lesnar would square off against Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam.

I'm hoping for a WWE Championship match with Triple H at Extreme Rules. He can follow it up with a match with Batista 1-on-1 at Payback where I assume he'll lose the title. He can have a rematch at Money in the Bank, and maybe Battleground, but then move on to feud with Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman for SummerSlam.

Batista is in a pickle, because I'd assume WWE wants to turn him face before Guardians of the Galaxy comes out. But if he beats Bryan for the title, it really will be hard to accomplish that. In my opinion, the best bet is to have Bray Wyatt win the title while Batista slowly turns face, and wins it at SummerSlam.

If they can get Bryan to endorse Batista, by having them find a common enemy in the Authority, work together, with Batista slowly turning, I can see them have Batista take the title in the summer. But I doubt that happens. Batista might be the heel champ heading into SummerSlam to face either (1) CM Punk, (2) John Cena, or (3) Roman Reigns.

In all honesty, we're discounting one fact when looking into how Daniel Bryan will progress from here. That's the MITB winner.

I have no idea who'll win MITB this year. I just think that somehow, this year's MITB winner will factor into Daniel Bryan's title reign. I can see them doing another all-star MITB match this year, especially now that they have only one title to go for. Like last year, MITB winner could be a handpicked authority guy just to take the title off Bryan and continue the 'underdog' storyline some more. He doesn't even have to take the title off Bryan, just feature around his matches to put doubts in people's mind that Bryan can lose his title anytime.

I expect Bryan to fight the authority some more in coming couple months. But after MITB, the landscape may change completely. While I fully expect Lesnar to feature in the title scene at some point, I am not sure that Lesnar would square off against Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam.

Frankly, if the rumors are true that CM Punk and Austin will face off at WrestleMania 31 (not counting on it), I'd like to see Austin come back in an authority role, and for Punk to win the title and turn heel. Austin then surprises everyone by winning the Rumble, taking the title at WrestleMania for a last hurrah, and then have Dean Ambrose cash in the next night by "reuniting the Shield".

Frankly, if the rumors are true that CM Punk and Austin will face off at WrestleMania 31 (not counting on it), I'd like to see Austin come back in an authority role, and for Punk to win the title and turn heel. Austin then surprises everyone by winning the Rumble, taking the title at WrestleMania for a last hurrah, and then have Dean Ambrose cash in the next night by "reuniting the Shield".

Now, if that isn't fantasy booker then I don't know what is. It is all fantasy however because I don't think Punk will be back in a WWE ring for quite some time. I am also, damn near certain that Austin will stick to his word and never wrestle again, there is really nothing for him to gain and he seems very content with what he has done with his career. While I feel that he certainly respects Punk, I just can't see Austin coming back to give Punk the rub and take the loss (which would be the only logical outcome). Remember, this is the same Austin that refused to lose the title to Trips before he had established himself. By the way, how the hell did we get on the topic of Punk in a Bryan thread?

Now, if that isn't fantasy booker then I don't know what is. It is all fantasy however because I don't think Punk will be back in a WWE ring for quite some time. I am also, damn near certain that Austin will stick to his word and never wrestle again, there is really nothing for him to gain and he seems very content with what he has done with his career. While I feel that he certainly respects Punk, I just can't see Austin coming back to give Punk the rub and take the loss (which would be the only logical outcome). Remember, this is the same Austin that refused to lose the title to Trips before he had established himself. By the way, how the hell did we get on the topic of Punk in a Bryan thread?

I said I wasn't counting on it. Yeah it's fantasy, but I'm basing it on the fact it's the current popular dirtsheet rumor. I wish it was true. But How is Punk winning the only logical outcome? If Punk came back, he still has very little years ahead of him. Both guys will be going out. I'd give Austin the win. Punk doesn't need it, and being the heel, he should be expected to take the loss, especially if the match closes the show.

Daniel Bryan YES YES YES YES is in indeed in full beast mode as we speak.. This is an incredible ride,one I havent enjoyed in quite awhile.. It is safe to say unless Daniel embarrasses the company somehow,he will be champion till at least summerslam.. He is going to run the gauntlet.. It is more than possible that Trips will turn to the Beast Incarnate,once DB dispatches of Orton and batista..

Daniel will at some point face Brock at summerslam.. I know there will be a huge size difference,but OMG brock is bigger than 95% of the roster so that is not news.. Bray Wyatt,is not quite ready for the WWE WHC scene just yet,same as Roman Reigns.. But those two are interesting wild cards to say the least.. Daniel as champion,is fresh new and is someone we all can get behind!! YES YES YES

By the way, how the hell did we get on the topic of Punk in a Bryan thread?

If you'd look at your watch, you'd notice that it's clobberin' time!

But no seriously, Bryan CAN NOT lose to any member of Evolution/The Authority. He can be beaten senseless, but unless it involves him passing out and the match being awarded to the other one, it will hurt him. The whole point to the story is that he overcame the odds, and now that he's "broken through the defensive line", and "caught the ball", he has to run with it, and make the most of this opportunity. They're making it out as if this is his one and only chance, so if he loses it, it won't look good on him.

Cena's thing is "It's okay to lose, as long as you pick yourself up", Bryan's is to never give into what other people think, and have confidence regardless. While similar, they are slightly different.

But to continue with Punk...what if, and this is a big if, Punk wins MITB (If it's an all star one, he has 2 MITB victories) and then holds onto it. He straddles the line between wanting to help his friend against The Authority, and wanting to be champion. He fights alongside Bryan, but at the same time, constantly fights himself. Say he and Bryan are in a tag match against Orton and Batista. They win, but Bryan is beaten down. Punk realizes this is a good moment to cash in, and he struggles with the decision, only to hold it off. This gives us a bunch of teases to a turn/feud, and when he eventually does (or even loses the briefcase, and kind of blames Bryan), we get the payoff to it. Constant "When will he do it?/Will he do it?". Eventually, he could "say" he wants to cash it in at PPV X, and then he cashes it in before then or something like that, turning PPV X into the rematch.

First of all, to the people insulting Bryan, you can't say he has no personality and still like Cena. Cena is an all around crappy performer who is only over because the way he is booked.

But anyway, Lesnar is a great option to feud with Bryan. Weather he takes the belt or not, I think it would be amazing to see it, especially with Heyman around. Bryan is crazy popular right now and Lesnar is a huge heel after breaking the streak so it makes sense. Put the biggest heel against the biggest face.

I do however disagree with Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns not being ready for the main event. I think it would look great seeing either of those men challenging Bryan for the title if booked right. Reigns and Wyatt are up there in popularity too right now so it would work in my opinion. If they can get away with Miz in the main event of freaking WrestleMania then Wyatt or Reigns will work just fine in the main event.

I LOVE how a topic on Bryan here can turn into a Cena hate thread and a Punk conspiracy thread. Pretty sure any topic could become one of those things.

Anywayyyy.

Bryan is indeed on beast mode and has been since the Rumble. He's been wrestling 2 matches per night for the past 2 months pretty much and winning everything. He's WWE's best protected star, and Cena is even taking a massive back seat. WHO would have thought Cena would have been a part of an obscure midcard match at Mania, half way into last year?

Actually I can respect Cena more for that. No doubt he has some pull, and he's clearly told someone he's happy to take a back seat to Bryan. Good on him.

Bryan's amazing run will come to an end though. HHH was right; this is a fad. A long fad, sure, but if Bryan should hold that title more than 3 months, the fans will turn their backs on him and he will end up having a huge de-push. Bryan may not be main event material by the time Mania comes around, unless they have a HUGE heel rip the title from him; that's why I was sure Lesnar was to win the title on Monday just gone.

Pretty sure the year ahead will have Reigns win MITB. HHH will likely win the title from Bryan at some point, he has to win every incarnation of the WWE title, and then go on to lose the title to a face Batista in time for Summerslam. Batista loses the title to Reigns on RAW at some point after, and by Rumble, Lesnar will have the title after being unbeatable all year.

Lesnar walks into Mania as champ, to face his challenger whoever should be the winner of The Rumble.

I LOVE how a topic on Bryan here can turn into a Cena hate thread and a Punk conspiracy thread. Pretty sure any topic could become one of those things.

Anywayyyy.

Bryan is indeed on beast mode and has been since the Rumble. He's been wrestling 2 matches per night for the past 2 months pretty much and winning everything. He's WWE's best protected star, and Cena is even taking a massive back seat. WHO would have thought Cena would have been a part of an obscure midcard match at Mania, half way into last year?

Actually I can respect Cena more for that. No doubt he has some pull, and he's clearly told someone he's happy to take a back seat to Bryan. Good on him.

Bryan's amazing run will come to an end though. HHH was right; this is a fad. A long fad, sure, but if Bryan should hold that title more than 3 months, the fans will turn their backs on him and he will end up having a huge de-push. Bryan may not be main event material by the time Mania comes around, unless they have a HUGE heel rip the title from him; that's why I was sure Lesnar was to win the title on Monday just gone.

Pretty sure the year ahead will have Reigns win MITB. HHH will likely win the title from Bryan at some point, he has to win every incarnation of the WWE title, and then go on to lose the title to a face Batista in time for Summerslam. Batista loses the title to Reigns on RAW at some point after, and by Rumble, Lesnar will have the title after being unbeatable all year.

Lesnar walks into Mania as champ, to face his challenger whoever should be the winner of The Rumble.

A fad is defined as something that is very popular for a short period of time. There are no long fads. Bryan has been popular for a long while now. If he fizzled out then it would kind of be like Cena. Cena was popular at one point and then the fans turned on him after growing tired of him. Surely Cena wasn't just a fad though right?

I like Bryan a lot so I hope that he is booked to not become stale. I want this to remain fresh and if that means he has to drop the title and then win it back later then so be it. The storylines and opponents need to remain fresh.

I do understand that fans can be fickle at times though so I know what you mean but I really don't think this is just a fad, Bryan has been over. I do understand the fear of him becoming stale but it won't happen if it's booked right. Let Bryan shine and not become the typical face that panders to the crowd and is all goodie goodie.

I think it would be great for us to see a more rugged side to Bryan like when he was first challenging Cena for the title. His promos were great. The whole "you're a parody of wrestling" stuff was great. It felt like organic story-telling.

And yeah lol, I'm a Daniel Bryan mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back