• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help! I need to trim down! Need help!

iheartfcw

Occasional Pre-Show
Hey! My names Rik.

I am currently a 16 year old teenager who weighs 63kg. I am quite chubby and have a lot of 'flab' on me. I was wondering if anybody knows a way to get rid of the flab and help me to slim down and hopefully trim up. I have a bike machine, a punch abg and dumbells ranging from 2-5kg.

I have started do 10minutes on the bike and 5 reps on 20 with 2kg along with 3 minutes of boxing. I ahve done this for around a month and a half and have got down from 72kg to 63kg.

Has anbody got any idea's how to get rid of the flab and slim and trim down?

Thanks! :D

Start jogging. Start out slowly on a treadmill. Once you're at a pace that you can manage, go longer and gradually go faster.

Then, move to an indoor track or even start jogging outside. Do it at your own pace, you're not competing against anyone.

Also, eating right is key. Cut unnecessary calories and carbs and stick to an eating plan, as uncomfortable as it may be.

It's good that you're doing weights too. Muscle burns fat faster. So if you start jogging and you keep up with weight training, you'll drop the pounds (and kilograms).

Hey man we do have a workout thread in the General Spam Discussion section. Should be on the first page. Everything you will want to know about is in that thread. You also have certified fitness trainers and dedicated gym rats that will answer any questions.

Sorry didn't mean to play mod there, but there are 3 rules to follow when wanting to trim down.

-Do at least 45 minutes of exercise 3 times a week if its with weights, or do cardio everyday for around 30 minutes
-get 1.5 grams of protein per bodyweight everyday
-create a calorie deficit of at least 500 calories. Cut out all soda and junk food. Eat around 5 meals everyday around 3 hours split apart to keep your metabolism going. Make sure its good food too, like for breakfast eat scrambled eggs with lean meat mashed into them or fat free oatmeal. No sugary cereal or krispy cream donuts. For lunch, sandwiches are awesome, you can buy sugar free wheat bread with fat free turkey and ham slices and mustard. Maybe even throw onions or something on there if you like. For dinner have some lean chicken and rice with some steamed veggies.

Nothing but water every single day. Aim for 8-10 ounces. Add some green tea in if you like.

It's really as simple as that man, find an online calorie calculator and determine your daily calorie needs, simply subtract 500 calories from that to start out and keep on that for a month. Don't trust the scale at all, just look at yourself in the meal say every 2 or 3weeks. That will be your biggest judge.

Also don't go out and spend your money on stupid fat burners or anything like that.

That is all you need. Trust me. 80% of your success is going to be from your diet. Just one question though, if you have been doing your routine for a month and half and you have been seeing results why do you need help?

Anyway check out that workout thread for more details dude.

Hi and thanks for replying!

I wanted to gain advice as I think the KG i have dropped is from skipping lunch at school. So I dont know whether it is my workout or skipping lunch. But thankyou anyway mate!

I was able to purchase a decent recumbent stationary exercise bike for around 150 dollars. To me it has been an excellent purchase. If you already own your own bike, if you ride on it every day you should loose weight. I ride mine 30 to 45 minutes everyday. I'm now pretty fit. Are you able to do push ups? Push ups are a good free way of working on your upperbody.

Obviously, cut out any joke food. If you are hungry between meals, consider eating an apple. Apples are very filling and good for you. Do not skip meals though. Just eat better food. Skipping meals might help in the short term, but it is terrible for you in the long term. It messes up your metabolism.

There is no miracle plan to weight loss. Exercise and eat better. That's has always been the best way. Especially cut out things like sugar and trans fats. Trans fats are found in lots of different kinds of junk food. Don't eat chips or any kind of manufactured snack cake. Try not to eat fried food or drink soda.

Thank You friend. I will start to eat healthier when at home. It will be hard at first to cut out the soft drinks but i will try properly. Thanksss! :)

If the issue is flab, weights aren't really the way to get rid of them. Sit-up, crunches and anything that makes your abs work is what you need to focus on primarily. Then cardio stuff like running, biking and that. Weights are good for muscle and mass. But if the idea is to cut off mass, best bet is to look around for good sit up exercises and anything revolving your abs and cardio.

You should find out your BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) and TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)

Your BMR is how many calories your body needs to function properly. Use a calculator online.

TDEE is a number which shows how many calories you need to maintain weight. Say my TDEE was 2600 calories per day. That means that if I eat that amount of calories I won't lose weight or gain weight. But if I eat over it or under it I will gain/lose weight.

There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat. Your goal should be to lose 1-2 pounds a week (more than 2 per week is unhealthy). Lets say you aim to lose 1 pound this week. There are 7 days this week which means you have 7 days to lose those 3500 calories. This should be done by losing 500 calories per day then. So because if you eat under your TDEE you lose weight then that means you should eat 500 calories under your TDEE every day and at the end of that week you will have lost a pound.

To calculate your TDEE use a calculator online.Just google TDEE calculator and use one.

Soi f your TDEE is for example 2600 calories then you should eat 2100 to lose 1 pound per week. Or you could eat 2600 calories and burn 500 through exercise.

Hope this helps.

I'm not going to tell you a specific workout, but if you're flabby and only 63kg it sounds like you don't have a lot of muscle.

Also, how tall are you? I'm 6 foot 1 and I weigh like 75 kg. There's a bit of fat around the edges but it's mostly just muscle.

I understand if you're short then you may be out of proportion.

So I'd suggest working out your upper body and replacing the flab with muscle. You'll probably gain weight, but it will be muscle.

Good luck

to add to what everyone else added here.. try eating lean meats like Turkey, Chicken, fish.. try to stay away from red meats.. Steak, ham, beef, etc..

If you are trying to LOSE weight then stop focusing on weigth lifting and focus more on cardio and eating less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back