• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help FunKay Out - A Survey

Reading for Information
1: Do you enjoy reading to discover new information?

Yes.

2: How much reading would you say you do per day?

A couple hours.

3: What sort of reading do you do on a regular basis?

Websites and textbooks.

4: Do you read for entertainment or information, or perhaps both?

Both.

5: Would you be willing to read up more if you knew you were going to learn about something you had an interest in?

Probably.

Magazines​

6: Do you read magazines often? If so, how many per month?

No. Maybe I read a magazine once a month, if that.

7: Are you willing to change your habits concerning the previous question?

Doubtful.

8: Is the price of a magazine your main concern, or its content?

Speed of information is my greatest concern so I guess content. Although I am cheap and don't see the appeal of paying for "old" information I can almost certainly get for free elsewhere.

9: Does a front cover have anything to do with your willingness to look at a magazine?

Not usually.

10: What is going to attract your attention to a publication more than anything else? For example, bright colours, a strong image, a known brand etc...

Scantily clad women.

Popular Culture​

11: When I mention the term “Popular Culture” do you have an idea of what I mean by that? If not, click on the spoiler below.

Yes.

12: Would you consider yourself a follower of more obscure popular culture such as manga, anime, cult TV shows etc..?

Yes but not anime type stuff.

13: Are there any specific aspects of popular culture you are interested in, but know little about? If so, what are they?

No, if I am interested in something I tend to delve pretty deep into the available information.

14: Would you be interested in reviews on specific elements of popular culture, if so, which sort of reviews?

No.

15: Popular culture is everywhere, but I want to embrace lesser known elements with my publication. Can you suggest any obscure ideas I may not have mentioned?

:shrug:

Wrestling​

16: Do you prefer it be kept kayfabe or non-kayfabe, or perhaps a mixture of the two?

Mix on screen, non-kayfabe off.

17: Would you be interested in a recurring segment in a magazine that keeps you up to date with the latest happenings in the world of WWE, TNA and all things wrestling?

No.

18: Should I include elements outside of traditional, North American wrestling like Lucha Libre, Japanese, European wrestling etc..?

More interesting than 17 to me but I would not get your hopes up for me to read either.

19: Which works better for a wrestling themed cover; an action shot, or a pre-posed for image?

Action shot.

20: What sort of articles/ideas would intrigue you most about wrestling in a magazine?

Anything not actually about wrestling but involving wrestlers.

Reading for Information

Yes

A lot - Articles, books, internet pages, probably 5-6 hours

All sorts of non-fiction, although primarily history; Star Wars sci-fi novels too

Both.

5: Would you be willing to read up more if you knew you were going to learn about something you had an interest in?

All the time. It is called natural curiosity.

Magazines

One.

Probably not.

Content.

9: Does a front cover have anything to do with your willingness to look at a magazine?

Yes. It affects everyone even if they deny it.

10: What is going to attract your attention to a publication more than anything else? For example, bright colours, a strong image, a known brand etc...

Content, known brand, striking cover in that order.

Popular Culture

11: When I mention the term “Popular Culture” do you have an idea of what I mean by that? If not, click on the spoiler below.

Yes.

12: Would you consider yourself a follower of more obscure popular culture such as manga, anime, cult TV shows etc..?

Yes, although I would disagree somewhat with the idea of "obscure popular culture." A better description would be niche

13: Are there any specific aspects of popular culture you are interested in, but know little about? If so, what are they?

I would have an almost violently negative reaction to the more narrow idea of "popular culture" that prevails today as it is usually not remotely entertaining or culturally stimulating.

14: Would you be interested in reviews on specific elements of popular culture, if so, which sort of reviews?

No.

15: Popular culture is everywhere, but I want to embrace lesser known elements with my publication. Can you suggest any obscure ideas I may not have mentioned?

In my recent experience, I am getting less and less able to distinguish what is even remotely popular these days.

Wrestling

16: Do you prefer it be kept kayfabe or non-kayfabe, or perhaps a mixture of the two?

It would be very difficult to do both as it could come off as silly. It would be better to pick one target audience and stick to it. Kayfabe might have a bigger audience but non-kayfabe would likely be easier to write.

17: Would you be interested in a recurring segment in a magazine that keeps you up to date with the latest happenings in the world of WWE, TNA and all things wrestling?

No.

18: Should I include elements outside of traditional, North American wrestling like Lucha Libre, Japanese, European wrestling etc..?

Only if you are going for a non-kayfabe approach.

19: Which works better for a wrestling themed cover; an action shot, or a pre-posed for image?

Again, it would probably depend on the theme - kayfabe might benefit more from the posed image while non-kayfabe might want more of an action shot. Of course, there is always room for overlap.

20: What sort of articles/ideas would intrigue you most about wrestling in a magazine?

History.

Certainly.

Alot on the internet and a bit less of magazines.

Music magazines, guitar magazines, gossip magazines (shut up we all do) WRESTLING magazines and articles on the internet and Wikipedia i guess.

Both.

Yes. Definitely.

Magazines

Maybe 15 assorted mags per month

I could.

Depends. Im not gonna fork out over $7 (Australian) for FHM, but say a WWE mag, i would.

100%

Strong, bold images/writing. A lovely looking lass.

Popular Culture

Yes.

Yes.

Not really.

Yes, there are many Louis Theroux has done.

White supremacists (im not one) - Very interesting subject
Prostitution (im not one) - Again, interesting subject
Drug abuse (.......) - Always an interesting read

Wrestling

Non-kayfabe

Without doubt

Yes.

Action.

Backstage stories/news.
Injury lists.
Show reviews.

Hope that helped my man!

[/QUOTE]

Yes; 1–2 hrs.; Journals, blogs, magazines and books; No.
Yes, Several; Yes; Content; Yes; Subject/topic.
Yes; Yes; No; Yes.
Non; No; Yes; Posed; "Shoot" interviews.

[/QUOTE]

Reading for Information

Yes

At least 3 hours

It's mostly on the internet these days

Information is entertaining but yes, information

Yes

Magazines

No

Yes

Content I guess. I don't care how cheap something is if it doesn't interest me

Yes

A recognisable image

Popular Culture

11: When I mention the term “Popular Culture” do you have an idea of what I mean by that?
Yes

No

Hmm no

Gaming and films are my main interest, music tends to be too subjective.

It's not popular culture if it's obscure :) Personally I'm big on philosophy and there's not a great focus on the arts.

Wrestling

I prefer total kayfabe but it's impossible these days. A mix would be best

Yes

If it was done in a focused spotlight segment then yes

I hate pre-posed. Something in-ring is better, doesn't need to be action though.

Difficult to say, last time I bought a wrestling magazine I was 14 (pre-internet) and mainly interested in results.

Going to keep bumping this, especially with it slipping off the first page. Green Rep still stands, and the next person to respond is going to receive something special in their rep as they'll be the 30th person to reply.

Reading for Information

Yes

1 hour

Magazines, Internet Articles

Mainly entertainment

Yes

Magazines

Yes, 2-3

Yes

Content

Sometimes

Known brand and magazine content

Popular Culture

Yes

Not really

Yes, Anime

No

Wrestling

Kayfabe

Sure, although I think magazines already do so...

Sure, if you think people would be interested

Pre-posed image

Behind-the scenes happenings, shoot interviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back