• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hell In A Cell 2016 General Discussion & Reviews

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
Since Hell in a Cell is the next RAW PPV especially given the fact that Clash of Champions was last night now we are headed towards Hell in a Cell so with that in mind what do you think will be the match card for the HIAC PPV?

The match card looks like:

*. Kevin Owens Vs. Seth Rollins II for Universal Title in a Hell In A Cell match.

*. Roman Reigns Vs. Rusev II for US Title in a Hell In A Cell

*. Chris Jericho Vs. Sami Zayn II

*. TJ Perkins Vs. The Brian Kendrick II for Cruiserweight Title.

Not sure about who New Day faces. May be the rumoured duo of Sheamus & Cesaro?

Owens retains, thanks to a Triple H interference. Zayn gets his win on Jericho. Reigns retains his title. Perkins retains too. Not sure about who faces Charlotte for the Women Title. Maybe Nia Jax.

I have a fear that we might get Reigns Vs Strowman soon. :disappointed:

I think it will be Kevin Owens defending the WWE Universal Championship against Rollins one more time but that it will be in Hell in a Cell in Satan's structure

But as for Charlotte I see her facing Nia Jax I mean it is almost inevitable

I don't know what the card will be, but I'll tell you want I want to see:

Owens(c) vs Rollins [Hell In A Cell for the UC]

Sasha vs Charlotte(c) [First ever women's Hell in a Cell match for the RAW Women's C]

and then the rest of the show.

Could be a great show if they do it right. Owens vs Zayn vs Cass vs Jericho vs Cesaro vs Sheamus; if Rollins is not injured, then Rollins vs Owens II

Reigns vs Rusev Hell in a Cell

Charlotte vs Sasha (Hell in a Cell?)

New Day vs The Club (should have changed hands at Summerslam, at least at clash of champions; save Sheamus & Cesaro for Survivor Series or Roadblock)

The match card looks like:

*. Kevin Owens Vs. Seth Rollins II for Universal Title in a Hell In A Cell match.

*. Roman Reigns Vs. Rusev II for US Title in a Hell In A Cell

*. Chris Jericho Vs. Sami Zayn II

*. TJ Perkins Vs. The Brian Kendrick II for Cruiserweight Title.

Not sure about who New Day faces. May be the rumoured duo of Sheamus & Cesaro?

Owens retains, thanks to a Triple H interference. Zayn gets his win on Jericho. Reigns retains his title. Perkins retains too. Not sure about who faces Charlotte for the Women Title. Maybe Nia Jax.

I have a fear that we might get Reigns Vs Strowman soon. :disappointed:

I'd hope Owens vs. Rollins wasn't in a HIAC match. The match really doesn't deserve it.

Rusev vs. Reigns, I agree. It's a feud ender.

Right now I'm rooting for Sasha vs Charlotte to be the second Cell match, alongside Rusev and Reigns.

Nothing against Owens and Rollins, but their feud doesn't really deserve it. A standard triple threat match between Owens, Rollins and Jericho is more fitting.

According to Dave Meltzer, Sasha vs. Charlotte is scheduled for HIAC and that their match will happen inside the Cell structure. If accurate, this will be the first women's HIAC match.

I have a feeling the match will happen inside the Cell, I don't really see any reason why it shouldn't. The ppv will be in Boston, Sasha's hometown, so I can see them doing something special for what will probably be the last major encounter between these two for a good long while.

In the aftermath of the Reigns' feud, someone needs to reassure Rusev that the whip marks will eventually fade and his anus will eventually return to something approximate to its original size, providing he remembers to remove the butt plug. As much of a pleasure as it is to watch either man work, and the matches have been no exception, the writing has been a constant reminder of just how obnoxiously impervious Roman can be. It feels as if Roman could come down with a bad case of ebola, get hit by a car, wander down a dark alley where Rusev is waiting for him with a lead pipe and ten mates and still come out on top. What exactly merits the two having a cell match is anyone's guess, though the same is true of pretty much any cell match for the last ten years.

One hopes that Owens and Rollins will put on a less heartbreakingly serviceable match than their last encounter, although the story of the new teacher's pet versus the scorned head boy isn't exactly the greatest material either has worked with. So many people have been clamoring for a Rollins face turn - having a moveset almost exclusively made up of flip-dee-doos will do that - but the spurned lover character is a difficult one to get behind.

The only reason to have Sasha Banks and Charlotte face off in a cell match would be the novelty - and what a novelty! That would justify the Sky Box Office price tag of £95.99 or whatever ridiculousness they're charging these days. The stipulation doesn't make sense, but nor does it for any of the men, and, y'know, feminism and all that. Gimmick matches are one of the many boxes still left unchecked on the big ol' equality check list, and there's not two better people with whom to make a start.

I'm getting tired of Cell matches. Just throw the whole roster in there, let them fight for a couple of hours, I'm happy with that concept.

As it is don't expect any titles to change hands. Reigns just got the US title, he'll be holding onto it for awhile. Now the WWE has to move Rusev up this feud with Reigns is over. Owens will most likely retain, and can't see Banks losing the women's title this quickly. New Day has a couple of months to go before beating the record, so no change there either.

These PPV's are coming too fast and if we thought they didn't have time before to build matches, it's even worse now. For some reason I'm thinking Mania this year will be very interesting or boring as shit.

Three Cell matches.. Oh my god.. Too many. Sasha vs Charlotte should be the only cell match. Rusev vs Reigns could be a last man standing match and then Rollins vs Owens II doesn't really need a stip..

WWE held its Raw brand exclusive event Hell In A Cell last night. It featured three matches of the namesake gimmick including the first ever Hell In A Cell match for female competitors, let alone having this match go on last in the main event. Out of the two brands, Raw had the better show this month. Let's take a look at this show.

Pre-Show: Lince Dorado & Cedric Alexander & Sin Cara VS Drew Gulak & Tony Nese & Ariya Daivari
Honestly, I hardly care about any of these guys. It was an ok match to get everyone excited for the actual card.

Roman Reigns VS Rusev [Hell In A Cell match for the United States Championship]
Glad this went on first. It delivered and was about as good as expected. Reigns retained as he should. The other two cell matches were better though.

Bayley VS Dana Brooke
Was not as good as I expected it would be.... Bayley winning was the right call and I could see her being Charlotte's next challenger.

Enzo Amore & Big Cass VS Anderson & Gallows
Didn't care about this match. Enzo's promo before it was kind of funny although I am extremely sick of Anderson and Gallows at this point. Enzo and Cass should have won.

Kevin Owens VS Seth Rollins [Hell In A Cell match for the Universal Championship]
Great stuff in this match and it was the 2nd best match of the night. Jericho played a good part in it, strong effort by Rollins, and Owens retaining was the right call.

Brian Kendrick VS TJ Perkins [Cruiserweight Championship]
Kendick winning would have been cool had he not had that highly annoying backstage segment with TJ where he whined about how TJ had to "let him win". That ruined everything about Kendrick's win before the match even started.

New Day VS Cesaro/Sheamus
New Day absolutely should have won here, and I am glad they did. The match itself was ok. Now if they can just hang on for a little bit longer and set the new record with the length of their reign.... Cesaro and Sheamus still suck as a forced team. Have them split and finish the angle already! I don't care at this point, then again I stopped caring before they even did the best of 7 series.

Sasha Banks VS Charlotte [Hell In A Cell match for the Raw Women's Championship]
This was great, if anything just for the history alone. Having them main event and it being the first female competitors Hell In A Cell was awesome. I am unsure of how I feel about Charlotte winning the title again but the history here more than makes up for that and the match was good. Best match of the night.

Overall Thoughts
The main thing that saved this show and bumped it up a bit was the main event. This show will always be remembered for that match. Raw won this month for me as this show was easily much better than No Mercy. Watch the Raw Women's Championship match for the sake of history if you missed it. The Universal match was good too.

Dagger's 2016 PPV Rankings
1. Money In The Bank 2016
2. Summerslam 2016

3. Backlash 2016
4. Hell In A Cell 2016
5. Clash Of Champions 2016
6. Wrestlemania 32
7. Battleground 2016
8. Extreme Rules 2016
9. Payback 2016
10. Royal Rumble 2016

11. No Mercy 2016
12. Fastlane 2016

Hell In A Cell Hits and Misses:​

Hell In A Cell Hits:​

Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks: A historic, excellent match with a lousy ending. Natural Selection there just didn't seem like enough to end the match. Despite that, this was an excellent match. WWE took a huge chance in having the women main event the PPV, and it really paid off. Both women took risks throughout the match, but they were calculated and paid off. Both women sold the effects of the cell throughout the match, and the environment really made a difference here. I was worried that they would take some unnecessary risks, but they kept it safe while having a very physical match. I question the logic of flip-flopping the title like they have, but the depth in the Raw women's division is very weak, so this feud is obviously set to continue. Really good match and kudos to the ladies for making this memorable. ****

Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins: I hate interference in championship matches, but the build to this match dictated that Jericho had to get involved. They told a nice story of Rollins fighting through the odds until they simply overcame here. Both men sold the others big moves instead of getting up as if nothing happened, which really enhanced this as a HIAC match. Owens winning was the right and logical choice, and I'm glad they're continuing with him as champion. This was much better then their match at Clash of Champions, but hopefully this feud is over. This was a really nice way to go out. ***3/4.

Roman Reigns vs. Rusev: I don't think anyone in the building or watching at home bought into the thought that the title would change hands here, but this was still an entertaining opener. Reigns still relies way too much on clotheslines and punches for my liking, and he powered out of everything Rusev threw at him like it was nothing at times. Despite these complaints, this was still a really good match. Rusev looked like a monster in dominating most of the match, and they made the gimmick feel big in this spot. I don't know who Reigns faces next, but perhaps Rusev does something tonight to get his heat back and we'll see more of this. I wouldn't complain, as every match the pair has had together has been very good. ***1/2.

New Day vs. Sheamus and Cesaro: The ending to this match made little sense to me. I'm not sure why the referee was worried about what was going on outside the ring while a submission hold was being applied. The action here though, as expected, was very good. Sheamus and Cesaro seemed to be on the same page for most of the match, and I imagine that they'll eventually take the titles from New Day. Here wasn't the spot, however, as New Day is so close to breaking Demolition's record. It was odd seeing Woods and not Kofi defending the titles here. **1/2.

Bayley vs. Dana Brooke: This was essentially a showcase for Bayley here, which was the right move. She has enough history with both Charlotte and Sasha that a feud with either would be fine next, and Dana served her purpose a gatekeeper of sorts for Bayley to go through. A lot of damage has been done to Bayley through how she's been booked since coming to Raw, so giving her a PPV singles victory in which she looked very good was certainly the right move. Fine match for what it was. *3/4.

Overall Show: This was a fine show where 5 of the 7 matches either met or exceeded my expectations. All three cell matches rocked and delivered on both physicality and quality wrestling. What else can be said about Sasha and Charlotte? They were put in a difficult position with two firsts, as the first women in the cell and main-eventing a PPV. And it was awesome, and showed why they were deserving of the spot. I really enjoyed this show and this showed why when you just let talent go out and have long matches, they can really entertain. B+.

Hell In A Cell Misses:

TJ Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick: The action was fine, but I simply didn't care. WWE has done nothing to make the Cruiserweight Title feel important, as the champion was hardly ever on Raw. So why should I care about a title change? I really don't. The ending was creative and all, but it just doesn't matter in the scheme of things because of how devalued this division has been in its short existence. **1/2.

Gallows and Anderson vs. Enzo and Cass: Gallows and Anderson have been poorly booked since they debuted hotly on Raw, so this win doesn't seem to mean much. They've lost almost every feud they've had, so what's the point of having them go over here? They're obviously not going anywhere as a team, so why not have the younger team with potential win? It's a mess from a booking standpoint. The match was just there as well from an entertainment standpoint. *3/4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back