Headphones

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
What kind of headphones do you all have? Nice ones, crappy ones? What do you like and dislike about them?

I have an ear condition that developed about five months; pretty constant ringing in my right ear, and it's made them so sensitive that I can barely wear headphones without developing a headache in about 5 minutes. It sucks, because I listen - or used to listen - to a lot of music. I also play a lot of live music, which doesn't really get to happen anymore. Had an MRI this week to check out my ear and brain, but that's NOT THE POINT of this thread.

I really love great headphones. My friend got a pair of Beats Pro last year on Black Friday for about $100 off the normal $350 (at the time) cost. They are simply amazing, and for studio headphones (flat EQ unaltered sound) definitely worth the price. I was shocked, actually, as I assumed they'd be over-priced crap.

My entire life I've just had shitty in-ears, or recently those $20 Sony headphones you can get pretty much anywhere. But I went to the mall and tried on literally 40 pairs and listened to music through all of them, to try and find one that I could actually use. I finally settled on a $80 pair of Sennheisers that I'm in love with. Super lightweight, noise reducing, flat EQ. And, the best part, they don't upset my ears!

So what do you guys use for all your music and sound enjoyment?

I've bought four pair of headphones, the ear buds, and my cat at the time Diego, decided to chew them up and break them. They varied from Sony to Skull Candy which sucked.

Now I have another pair of Sony ear buds that my girlfriend gave me. They're nice for the time they came out and serve their purpose. I don't have Diego anymore (which saddens me as he was a cool fat cat :() so I don't have to worry about them getting ate any time soon.

I've always wanted a pair of the Bose noise cancellation headphones. I just never could afford them but boy, are they nice!

I hate earbuds with a passion. Now I've heard a lot of good things about Bose and Beats, but way too pricey for me. I got these great studio type headphones for 10 bucks at Big Lots, and trust me the sound is so good that I have to keep the volume down at 10 or below when I listen to music on the PC. Otherwise I'll get a massive headache. They're made by Coby. Off brand I know but a worthy purchase.

I have a tendency to break headphones very easily so I usually buy a pair of earbuds for about ten bucks each. Becca got me a pack of I think six pairs for my birthday since I break them so often. I got lucky though as my dad bought an iPod but hates earbuds so I got the high quality pair that came with it.

Like KB, I tend to burn through headphones at an alarming rate. So investing in anything serious never really appealed to me. Is it possible my shit is breaking because it's cheap? Maybe. I certainly doubt I'll find out any time soon though. Considering I'm not really concerned with optimal audio quality, I can't see the sense in getting myself any premium headphones.

Cheap over-the-ear stuff for me. I hate the feel of earbuds.

I have a pair of Philips SHE9000/10 in-ear earphones for listening to stuff on my iPod. You can't find a good picture of them online, but much of the cable is wrapped in some manner of fabric so they're a bit more durable than most - which is handy because I've torn through about half a dozen or so pairs of Sennheisers.

Speaking of Sennheisers, I have a decent quality pair of over-ear headphones for when I'm viewing blu-rays. I can't afford/don't have the room for any home cinema stuff so they're a decent substitute.

I have a ridiculous amount of headphones. From earbuds to ear cups I got em all. But considering how often I listen and work on music that's to be expected.

Usually I use earbuds for everyday stuff and my sennheisers for production work.

I just play all my music out loud on speakers and fuck off if you don't like it

Never really understood the need to have some monstrosities of earphones.

I just use whatever comes with the electronic equipment, such as my earbuds from my Sony mp3 player.

Барбоса;4547531 said:
Never really understood the need to have some monstrosities of earphones.

I just use whatever comes with the electronic equipment, such as my earbuds from my Sony mp3 player.

I'm no audiophile but I can tell you that there is a substantial difference between a good pair of £20 earphones and the tinny pieces of shit that are supplied with most MP3 players.

I've tried both and heard no appreciable difference. Certainly not one that would make me feel the need to go out and buy another set if I did not need one.

Then I see people with ridiculously large earphones that probably cost in the hundreds and I just laugh.

Off-topic, but according to Iggy Pop, sleeping with your earphones make you deaf. Believe what you will, I'm just relaying the message...

Барбоса;4547561 said:
I've tried both and heard no appreciable difference. Certainly not one that would make me feel the need to go out and buy another set if I did not need one.

Then I see people with ridiculously large earphones that probably cost in the hundreds and I just laugh.

You gotta pay for quality dude. Good on ya for being ok with the buds that come with mp3's but there's a world of difference especially when it comes to bass or if you listen full blast.

I just play all my music out loud on speakers and fuck off if you don't like it

Cunt.

You gotta pay for quality dude. Good on ya for being ok with the buds that come with mp3's but there's a world of difference especially when it comes to bass or if you listen full blast.

For just listening to music, earbuds are my preference... and you can't really cheap out on earbuds unless you sacrifice the overall quality of sound. Headphones are good if I'm trying to record commercials or I'm on the radio. And Beats Audio's great and all, but overpriced.

For just listening to music, earbuds are my preference... and you can't really cheap out on earbuds unless you sacrifice the overall quality of sound. Headphones are good if I'm trying to record commercials or I'm on the radio. And Beats Audio's great and all, but overpriced.

I meant the earbuds that come with mp3 players. I use earbuds mostly too but I will pay for good ones. Beats are madly overpriced and they ain't shit compared to my studio headphones that were substantially less. Dr. Dre's name costs an extra 300 apparently.

I only use headphones when recording music, outside of that I barely use them.

I treated myself to a set of Bose AE2i headphones a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love them. I'd considered going for some noise cancelling ones but didn't fancy shelling out the extra £100 for other people's benefit.

I've still got some earbuds that came with a Sony MP3 player so I use them at work from time to time.

Speaking of Bose, I've got a Companion 3 set plugged into my TV which packs a hell of a punch although I never turn the subwoofer all the way up as it vibrates the TV stand too much, and subsequently, the TV.

Currently I have a cheaper $30 pair of Phillips circamurals that I'm still trying to burn in. They're ok but I'd rather have a nice pair of Audio Technicas.

Earphone wise I have a pair of Meelectronics that have adjustable ends for bass response. Great quality earphones for pretty cheap.

I also have the Turtle Beach X11 headset for listening on my PC and 360. 5.1 surround sound goodness

No idea but it makes me think the next wave of technology in phones is a phone that can give life like quality toothless head. Maybe it will come (pun intended) standard on the iPhone 6ex.

Cheap $10-15 ifrogz earbuds. Not the bulky ones, but the ones that feel like they are raping your ear. They're more portable than earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back