• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HBK vs Bret Hart = CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy

ZexImmortal

Dark Match Winner
WAIT!!! BEFORE YOU EXPLODE

i was just thinking about how real these two (Punk/Hardy) hate eachother.

LETS SAY

Jeff hardy left Impact or contract is up or fired. WWE would bring him back (I think) cause he is a big deal, hate him or love him. You bring Jeff into a feud with Punk, not only is Punk open mic...these two can be as honest as possible and the feud would be intense to a point its real.

Everyone wanted to see Bret Hart Vs Shawn but it was unable due to Hart unable to wrestle. (And i mean present year onward 2011-2012)

Jeff Hardy vs Punk would be a major draw for WWE and its Wrestlemania worthy. I'm not a BIG fan of Jeff to clear that part up but i am a fan of the feud that COULD happen between these two.

Before it was one sided cause Punk couldn't be 100% Punk. NOW Punk is himself and better than ever, bringing in Hardy to feud with Punk would be amazing to see how it all unfolds.

Keep in mind please:

this is wishful thinking
I KNOW it wont happen (Maybe)
I KNOW Jeff doesn't want to go back to WWE

I just want to see what you all think about it. Do you agree? Disagree?

now the title does say HBK vs Bret is Equal to Hardy vs Punk

I know HBK and Bret had a WAAAAAY more intense problem. but this is the closest i feel we could get to a HBK vs Hart thing. Yes Hart and HBK are better in the ring but as i said "Closest we could get".

so superstars, wrestlers, Divas, and Knockouts: what do you think?

In only the very smallest sense.

I the sense, that I suppose anyone with legit lockerroom heat could be compared to Hitman and HBK.

But like you mentioned without the intensity. The Hart/Michaels fued was so heated if affected the main event of WrestleMania. They refused to job to each other, and could get away with that becuase of the power they held and the time period.

Hardy and Punk could not start pulling the "I'm not jobbing to him" card. It wouldn't happen. Because Hardy will always be seen as someone who is expendable. If you don't job, you don't have a job.

It won't happen.

First of all, neither CM Punk or Jeff Hardy were ever as big as Shawn Michaels or Bret. These were guys that the company was built around, and while CM Punk and Jeff have both had extremely successful runs in the WWE, neither has ever achieved the level of greatness that HBK and The Hitman did. In that, your comparison between the two is already a little off.

Second, the WWE would NOT bring Jeff back, even if Jeff left TNA and got on his knees and begged Vince McMahon to take him back. Fact of the matter is, Jeff is a liability. The WWE can't risk having Jeff scheduled to wrestle and have him show up intoxicated. They can't risk signing him to a fat contract only to have him spend half his time in rehab. And they especially can't risk him dying while on the WWE payroll. That happened with Benoit, and the WWE's been dealing with image issues ever since, another wrestler death would undue years of work.

They both has legit animosity towards eachother, but I'm sure Punk has a bigger beef with someone that's already in WWE. Honestly I wouldn't even care to see that matchup. Punk having a open mic & Hardy being the subject isn't a brightest of ideas. Exploiting Jeffs drug addiction even further is something I don't wanna see. Too personal. I have people in my family dealing with substance abuse and Punk throwing jabs at Jeff and his obvious problems is wrong on so many levels, even if scripted.

jeff returning to wwe would be so epic right now, when jeff left wwe he seemed very burnt out when u see him in tna today he seems so energized live.

i think jeff has allot more to accomplish in wrestling, he has a aura about him that pulls people in. Is jeff and cmpunk the new bret and shawn... no...but i think the two couldve been so much greater, wrestlemania between the two with cm punk being red hot and hardy being so energized would be a exciing feud...problem is who would be more over with fans? a heel jeff hardy wouldve been cool to see...as there prior feud punk was the heel...but jeff has too much of a bad track record in the business, but if u look at wrestlers as talent the way movies hire big named actors...then why not jeff can definitely return.

by all means jeff could debut with a mask on swanton bomb cm punk live on raw, grab a ladder and do his moves then spray paint his jeff hardy emblem around punk and all over the rings canvas live on tv...live imag-i-nation art...some other wrestler should take that idea...jeff has allot more of a cool it factor...i would like to see him as heel in wwe.

I don't want to see it happen, because I don't want to see Jeff Hardy in the wwe. He is a botch waiting to happen, not good on the mic, his charisma is extremely over-rated, and he brings so much baggage. I want nothing to do with that train-wreck, and neither does CM Punk or the wwe.

Zex, I like your creativity. It's an interesting idea for discussion. But my compliments, sadly end there. Now Punk vs Jeff Hardy would be very entertaining. I think both Punk and Hardy have their strengths and weaknesses and they definitely have their fanbase. I think the closest thing to that would Rock vs. Triple H, but we've seen that already and I'm not sure any two performers really have the level of disdain for each other that HBK and Bret Hart had. Not just that, these were two very good if not great performers and storytellers in the ring. Rock vs. Cena might be next but not close enough, they really don't hate each other.

As far as Jeff Hardy's problems are concerned, he isn't the only person to have issues with drugs. The fans and TNA management are willing to give him another opportunity to prove himself. If he can keep his nose clean and has the supportt system needed to keep him straight, (and that's a huge if) he could prove himself a valuable commodity again. He is worth the risk, like him or not, he has a fanbase (don't fully understand it but he does), he can deliver in the ring (he's not the greatest, I agree) and with the right performer he can steal the show. If Vince could get him back, as depleted the WWE is when it comes to main event calibre performers, I believe he'd take him back.

I dont think we will see a true rivalry like Bret and HBK for a long, long time. I guess it could have worked between Austin and Brock if Austin didnt retire due to injury. That would have been an awesome feud with Brock trying to take top spot in the WWE away from Austin, like Michaels did with Bret. I dont see Hardy back in the WWE. Too much of a liability.IMO. Maybe Orton and Mr. Anderson, if they ever bring him back to WWE. Wouldnt have as great of matches as Shawn and Bret though and one of them would probably end up getting really hurt. Orton more than likely wouldnt go for the idea.

It would be a disaster if Hardy was to get into a feud with Punk again because since Punk has the freedom to really speak his mind now more than ever, Jeff wouldn't stand a chance and would get annihilated on the stick. the matches may not be a good as before though because it seems that Hardy has lost a step in my opinion but then again, he may just be a little less motivated being in TNA currently. Who's to say?

I would certainly love to see this happen dont get me wrong but like I said before, Jeff is such a joke now given his drug problems and not to mention, the drugged out youtube video where he basically says he made Punk and berating him for being straight edge. Punk would have a field day. I mean he made Jeff look pretty bad before but imagine how bad it would be now!

With that out of the way, I would absolutely LOVE to see them go at it one more time because they had really good chemistry throughout their last feud and like was mentioned by previous posts, Hardy still has a huge fanbase especially in the WWE. To me, he will always be associated with the WWE in my mind and just fits in there better than in TNA where he seems out of place.

I think if given a match at Wrestlemania and Hardy was at his best and clean, they could steal the show no doubt about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back