• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Having my favorite singer (from my favorite band) make my wife a song

Kermit

the Frog
Not sure how many bands/artists do this, but Max Bemis, from Say Anything, opens up a song shop every few months where he allows fans to submit song descriptions to create personalized songs, and follow up with a personal phone call. Today, after many missed attempts, I placed an order to have Max pen down a special song for my wife that will be filled with references to moments in our life.

I'm so excited for this and I cannot wait.

For any of you who don't know who Max Bemis is, he is famous for his work in the pop-punk band, Say Anything.

[YOUTUBE]I7rYZjv3wNg[/YOUTUBE]​

However, my song will sound something more like this:

[YOUTUBE]4q7mv2f48GE[/YOUTUBE]​

Well, that first video was odd. It was like a slightly goofier version of Weezer. I'm a huge Weezer fan, so you can take that as you will.

I can only imagine how awesome it would be for your favourite songwriter to write a song for you and someone you love. Although, at the same time, write your wife a song yourself, you lazy bastard ;)

Well, that first video was odd. It was like a slightly goofier version of Weezer. I'm a huge Weezer fan, so you can take that as you will.

I can only imagine how awesome it would be for your favourite songwriter to write a song for you and someone you love. Although, at the same time, write your wife a song yourself, you lazy bastard ;)

Yeah, a lot of their older stuff can be a bit more juvenile on the surface, but usually it comes with a deeper meaning. Take for instance that first video, the song is about sex, but a closer examination of the lyrics reveal the story to be about two jews in a concentration who longed to have each other through adversity (Max Bemis is actually a messianic Jew and his grandfather was in the holocaust). However, like most punk bands they have matured in their work over the years.

I have written a song for her before :). I've also written several poems.

Disappointed that it's not Fozzy's frontman.

Haha. I do love Chris Jericho, but...

Romantic!

:)

That's pretty cool dude.
I think it's awesome that he does that and that you're getting a song done.

Thanks man. I'm pretty stoked as I have had to watch it open up and close on several occasions in the past. I didn't have the funds back in college, but this time I was ready.

I hope your wife doesn't leave you.

Me too. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back