• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has Cesaro officially been demoted to jobber?

I mean, after his declarations on Cena v Orton he hasn't won a match (losing a 2 out of 3 falls match with not even a fall on his back), and has been fed to Boreback in the last smackdown.

Has Cesaro fucked up all the chances he had at getting a decent push?

(Also on a side note, I hate how he's trying to put on an american accent in his last segment with Kane, his thick swiss accent is much more entertaining when he goes full-old-school-heel)

To tell you the truth I don't really think they know what to do with Cesaro. He won the Battle Royal at Mania last year and then not much of anything since. It's a fact that the Roman Reigns push was on, and that sort of bumped Cesaro out of the way, but yea he really fell off the radar.

He's a fantastic wrestler, and freak of nature when it comes to strength and I really like the guy. The fans love the giant swing, but as a heel he hasn't used it since it gets him over. He in my opinion doesn't make a good heel, and I have no idea why the WWE didn't decide to push him a little when Bryan and Reigns went out, they pushed Ambrose instead. Maybe that's it, maybe it's because he never really had anything going with anyone, and just sort of middled around. Ambrose had Rollins to feud with and fans found that more interesting.

There also seems to be a little something off about Cesaro, something I can't quite put my finger on. I don't think it's his accent but there is something. Thank God he got rid of those hideous sweat bands around his legs that bugged me no end. I do agree that he is sort of wasted right now on the roster, and for someone of his talent to be a jobber is kind of pathetic to say the least.

It all depends on the reason why WWE keeps him bouncing around....seems ready to elevate him....then drops him down again. He doesn't feature as a jobber, does he? It's not as if he's getting squashed; even against Ryback last night, who's being depicted as the unstoppable monster he was when he was first introduced, Cesaro got his licks in.

That's the thing; Cesaro always gives a good account of himself; he's always permitted to show off his strength moves and wise guy attitude....and always executes his ring repertoire smoothly and efficiently, as he did when it seemed he was being pushed. Put all that together and you don't get the image of a jobber, do you?

Is he being held down because of the negative remarks about his employer attributed to him on the wrestling rumor mill? If so, maybe there's hope he'll bounce back once management is finished "punishing" him for those indiscretions.

Really, though....his WWE career has been one of fits and starts; I can't remember anyone who has seen so many false starts, since a performer is usually pushed....or not pushed. Cesaro seems to get a little of both....and I hope they make up their minds one way or the other because the guy really is too talented to keep in limbo.

I don't see it like that. I think WWE knows what they have with Cesaro and you will be seeing a push real soon. Also, the poster above me mentioned that they think WWE doesn't know what to do with Cesaro, but I think Cesaro is one of the few guys that WWE actually HAS a plan for. If they didn't know what to do with Cesaro at this point, he would not be jobbing to everybody under the sun, instead he would probably be getting meaningless wins over people like Adam Rose until they found an angle for him. It may not seem like it right now, but I wholly believe that Cesaro is being brought down in order to rise up even greater after Mania season.

Hell, posts like these show the genius of the WWE if they do indeed plan on super-pushing Cesaro. Last year, we heard that the WWE was trying to "replicate" Daniel Bryan's momentum with Cesaro but all the fans (me included) believed that there was no way to replicate something that organic... But what happens if Cesaro turns babyface in a big angle NOW and begins to get some big wins? I think you'll start to see a rise similar to DB's, which MAY have been WWE's plan all along after the failed Heyman stint.

It has been said for a while that WWE is still high on Cesaro and plan to give him the push that we've all been expecting sooner or later, but time will tell.

I might be completely wrong, but I have a feeling that we'll see Cesaro getting pushed beginning either very late this year or early next year. I read the reports about Cesaro saying he was sick of Cena vs. Orton, but some of those are saying that the feeling is that his comments were taken out of context. I think that if Cesaro was being punished, he'd have been outright fed to Ryback last night instead of giving him a pretty decent fight.

Who knows? Maybe Cesaro will ultimately be the one who manages to stop Rusev for the first time.

......I'm going say not yet but he does seem to be heading in that direction. Him getting promo time this week along with not getting totally squashed by Ryback and actually getting to wrestle a long match at a PPV should put him above the jobber level. On the other hand.....he lost the vast majority of his matches this year and hasn't had much of anything to work with since breaking away from Swagger, so he's not in a really good place either.

Doesn't seem likely anymore but I hope he somehow ends up on Team Authority, that'll get him time a on PPV main event where he can put on a good performance and show he can hang with the big dogs.

I don't see it like that. I think WWE knows what they have with Cesaro and you will be seeing a push real soon. Also, the poster above me mentioned that they think WWE doesn't know what to do with Cesaro, but I think Cesaro is one of the few guys that WWE actually HAS a plan for. If they didn't know what to do with Cesaro at this point, he would not be jobbing to everybody under the sun, instead he would probably be getting meaningless wins over people like Adam Rose until they found an angle for him. It may not seem like it right now, but I wholly believe that Cesaro is being brought down in order to rise up even greater after Mania season.

Hell, posts like these show the genius of the WWE if they do indeed plan on super-pushing Cesaro. Last year, we heard that the WWE was trying to "replicate" Daniel Bryan's momentum with Cesaro but all the fans (me included) believed that there was no way to replicate something that organic... But what happens if Cesaro turns babyface in a big angle NOW and begins to get some big wins? I think you'll start to see a rise similar to DB's, which MAY have been WWE's plan all along after the failed Heyman stint.

It has been said for a while that WWE is still high on Cesaro and plan to give him the push that we've all been expecting sooner or later, but time will tell.

I hope they have a plan for him, and they put it into effect soon. I mean shit we've been waiting 9 months for it to happen. Let's face ti this guy has had more gimmicks in the past year, than I've had hot dinners. First he was part of the Real Americans, then he was a Heyman guy, then he asked to join the Authority. None of those worked, and when Reigns went down, it was the perfect opportunity to turn him face and start something up with someone, anyone.

But no the WWE just left him where he was. He had half hearted feuds for the IC and US titles, and loses most of his matches against wrestlers he should be winning against. He is a credible main event talent. He has the power, talent, personality needs a little work, but he could do it. I think he would also be a threat to Brock Lesnar. The WWE doesn't seem to think the same way though, and has left the poor guy seemingly stuck in a rut.

With Reigns due back in the next couple of months, and Daniel Bryan still up in the air, the time for a push should have already started.

I might be completely wrong, but I have a feeling that we'll see Cesaro getting pushed beginning either very late this year or early next year. I read the reports about Cesaro saying he was sick of Cena vs. Orton, but some of those are saying that the feeling is that his comments were taken out of context. I think that if Cesaro was being punished, he'd have been outright fed to Ryback last night instead of giving him a pretty decent fight.

Who knows? Maybe Cesaro will ultimately be the one who manages to stop Rusev for the first time.

We're all sick of Orton/Cena that's not an uncommon thought these days, so I can understand his frustration. I hope you're right about Rusev, I was thinking that myself, he would be perfect and believable in actually bringing Rusev down. Winning the US title could be a stepping stone for him into the main event.

to be honest the reason I like Cesaro is because he is legitimately one of the most overall talented wrestlers on the roster right now. Let's be honest if any wrestler gets a super plush right now it will be him. From what I believe he can be the first 12 unified the United States and Intercontinental Championship... But because plans don't make it look that way unless you meant otherwiseI believe that Cesarois going to turn face very soon. Cesaro is one of those wrestlers that actually have a legitimate chance and beating Brock Lesnar. The other wrestlers would make sense in beating Lesnar would be Cena, Orton, Sheamus,and Daniel Bryan or CM Punk if you were to return. No other wrestler on the roster has the credibility, it is a hundred years too soon for Roman reigns even when he returns from injury, and Dean Ambrose shouldn't get mixed in the title picture yet,Bray Wyatt isn't going to be champion anytime soon and Dolph Ziggler is doing great with the Intercontinental Championship in my opinion. That releases only with Cesaro and I feel like he's going to dominate

It could be a work by the company to keep him under wraps then have him win the rumble out of nowhere, he already won the mainia Andre battle royal so it could look legit, however i cant see him headlining mainia any time soon

He is very talented and works well as face or heel, but could he work with Lesnar? and has he really got the star power to be the main man, time will tell i suppose

It could be very possible. I was sure that he was going to win the IC title from Ziggler, but Dolph kept winning, he even swept the 2 out of 3 falls match against him. Looks like he's jobbing, at least for a little while.

Just a couple of short months ago people on these forums were wondering if Dolph Ziggler was heading towards jobber status. Fast forward to today and Dolph is the IC champ, and very involved in the current top storyline.

Things can change in a blink of an eye for Cesaro. I wouldn't be surprised if after Survivor Series he beats Ziggler on Raw for the IC title, so that Ziggler can move on to a bigger feud (Cena, Rollins, Kane?). As of right now, he is still occupying a spot on our tv weekly, be it jobbing or not. I think that there is a plan for him , it just hasn't came to full fruition just yet

You do make a good point, but with what you said opens another topic. It was reported that after Mania 30, there were 5 names that were in line for a big push, Reigns, Cesaro, Wyatt being the "new" ones, along with Cena and Lesnar. Cena and Lesnar don't really need a push. Wyatt didn't turn out well (let's not get into detail, because I still start raging again). Reigns is sidelined. This leaves only one original guy left and that's Cesaro. Ambrose, instead, became the guy, because the fans saw how good he is. But as I said in the beginning, here comes the new problem; WWE can't elevate a lot of people at the same time. They just focus on one guy and have nothing else for anyone else. Reigns got big victories, championship matches etc, while Wyatt jobbed to Cena, Cesaro was trading wins with RVD and Seth/Dean had their own thing ON THEIR OWN. Goes to show that they either:

-Didn't have plans for Cesaro to be a top guy in the first place OR
-They don't know how to make more than one guy at a time to a main event player.

Either of those (or both) are bad. I believe they actually wanted Cesaro to be big, thus the pairing with Heyman. Since that didn't work out well (and that's because Lesnar was the main focus, nothing more, nothing less), management probably didn't see a lot in Cesaro and decided to stall his push. It is a weird situation for sure, but Cesaro will find his way on top one way or the other. His matches are must see, he is incredible in the ring and has an incredible physique and strength. It will be a damn shame if this guy doesn't get on top over people like Ryback, Reigns... Heyman said "you think Cesaro is good now? You haven't seen even half of how good he is"....

This.

Cesaro's awesome Strength and In-Ring ability means that WWE have had to book him almost like a jobber with a few teasing moments to keep his momentum down.

In essence, the Heyman move and subsequent booking did that well, but I have yet to see an indication of Cesaro being buried/jobbing totally, as he usually does something which keeps fans interested and aware of what he can do. However, given the pushes for other up and comers, they have had to stall on him.

As JH has said above, it will only be a matter of time before he completes a Face turn and the Swing and other stuff will return along with a Load of Momentum.

I don't think he's a jobber. I think it's just timing and right now it's not his time.

Right now they seem to be focused on pushing Rollins, Rusev and Wyatt. It just isn't any room.

But who knows what will happen between now and WrestleMania. As bad as injuries been lately with Reigns, Bryan, Ryback, etc., you never know.

I think Cesaro is the best new talent the WWE has had for a while, He reminds me of sort of an old school wrestling style and I actually enjoy all his matches which is more than can be said for a lot of guys getting a higher push than him at the moment, I do think he is better as a heel and I think he's one of the few wrestlers that can have a good match with anyone.

Cesaro is definitely NOT a jobber. He is still being used regularly & is still being booked to look very powerful in his matches. Losing a few matches doesn't really mean anything.

I do think WWE has somewhat halted the "big push" he was supposed to get coming out of Wrestlemania XXX. But it's mostly their own fault, they took Heyman away from him & wouldn't let him turn babyface even though that was clearly what the audience wanted. I really like heel Cesaro but with no "big swing", no mouthpiece & a very limited character right now it's no wonder he isn't getting over as big.

It's seems to me like WWE is playing the waiting game right now with Cesaro, waiting to see if he can get over on his own & maybe improve in some areas he is lacking in along the way like promos. I think he is fantastic though & he already seems to be getting more charismatic, so hopefully he will get a solid IC title run soon & prove once & for all that he is meant to be with all the other main eventers.

Ceasaro had some great matches with Cena a few months back, the crowd were chanting this is awesome, and both guys put on a great show
It shows that Ceasaro is ready for the step up as he faced one of the top guys in the company and didnt look out of place, maybe a feud with Cena could start his push and by summerslam he could be one of the top heels along with Rollins and Wyatt

Im not sure labeling him a jobber is quite right but i get that he isnt being used very well atm, if he was jobbing then he would have been torn apart by ryback rather than putting on a decent showing

Ceasaro's time will come unless he succumbs to the injury curse that seems to afflict anyone who gets a good run ie Bryan and Reigns,

I agree, Cesaro puts on great matches however I kind of have mixed feelings as Cesaro being a heel. IF they wanted they could have pushed the whole Swiss Superman gimmick as Cesaro being a face.

I would say he is not a jobber but at this moment he is an enhacement talent basically. He's a guy who's put there to make guys look good and have good matches, just like someone else on the roster.
I think they made a huge mistake having him win the the battle royale, be a Paul Heyman Guy and then just fade into mid-card nothingness jobbing to Ryback of all people.

I do hope after they stabilize a bit on the pushes of other superstars that he gets his shot. As a heel I think he should've been where Kane is now and just let Kane fade away a bit. Because that would mean that he would've had a steelcage match with Ziggler on smackdown instead of Kane which I almost vomit everything I see him nowadays.

They need to get a plan going for Cesaro. Tho I find it hard given WWE's track record that they will do him justice. When Roman Reigns comes back that's just another spot that Cesaro cant take. And it's not even his fault.

What's wrong with feeding Cesaro to Ryback? It's about time they had an actual opponent worthy to face him.

I think Cesaro will probably gain momentum after WM and win MITB. He is the most deserving of winning it anyway. I think Barrett would have been the other choice to win it but the injury set him back.

He's lost in the mix & oh boy, is it disappointing.

Truth is, the WWE have no idea what they're doing. He's most likely the best wrestler they've got going right now and they're limiting his skills SO much. His high-flying work is also impeccable. I don't know if I'd call him a jobber as such, but while he's in this situation, he's never safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back