Has Batista Always Been This Shit?

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
There may be spoilers ahead. Hurry up and watch SmackDown!.

So, Batista just wrestled Jericho in a, uh, very meh match. Jericho got the majority of the offense in and, predictably, Batista just finished him off with a half-arsed Batista Bomb. That, however, is not my complaint.

My complaint is that everything Batista did was so unrealistic. He didn't sell well for Jericho, at all. And there was clearly air between him and Jericho a lot of the time when he was attacking. For such a big, powerful guy, his offence looked nigh on kitten-like.

Has he always been this terrible or is it just me?

There may be spoilers ahead. Hurry up and watch SmackDown!.

So, Batista just wrestled Jericho in a, uh, very meh match. Jericho got the majority of the offense in and, predictably, Batista just finished him off with a half-arsed Batista Bomb. That, however, is not my complaint.

My complaint is that everything Batista did was so unrealistic. He didn't sell well for Jericho, at all. And there was clearly air between him and Jericho a lot of the time when he was attacking. For such a big, powerful guy, his offence looked nigh on kitten-like.

Has he always been this terrible or is it just me?

I think the injuries are starting to catch up to him. He was improving in 2007 and most of 2008. Then he seemed to get injured every other month. I'll wait to see how he performs a month from now and if it is the same just like against Jericho then there is cause for concern.

I Started to get tired of him at the end of 2007
And he is starting to look old i think he should grow some hair to freshen up his look

omg.... yea that was a very SHITTY performance by Batista. If it wasn't for Jericho it would've been a disaster... I can't imagine how he'll be against Big Show next week... i'm gettin sick just thinkin about it. And just like you said Sam.. he can't sell any moves, not even a right hand... Anyway Y2J made that match ok...

Yea he is done. His announcement should have been his retirement. I understand the lack of star power but damn he just doesn't have it. I couldn't watch this match. It was just painful. He is slow and looks like he doesn't give a shit anymore. Well has he ever? Well it looks worse now. I don't think is going to go over very well.

He's the Ultimate Warrior for this generation. He's has been, and will forever be Shit. When he's gone, no one will care. I've said this time in and time out. He's never been good, ever.

Star power? give me a fucking break, the live crowd will pop for just about anyone, they still cheer for Triple H for god sakes. He wasnt good befor his last injury, and I don't need to watch Smackdown to understand how terrible he was.

Chris Jericho is a god in the ring, and can carry almost anyone, but no one, I repeat NO ONE can make a brick of shit like Batista into gold.

Well lets just put that he was never really that good to begin with so you take someone who hasn't been the best wrestler or performer at that, and they start to deteriorate over time into the "super star" we all know as Big Dave today.

To be fair he wasn't as bad as he is today, but he was never good to begin with he is and always will be a average powerhouse at best, and that's all he will ever be known for as well.

So to answer your question in a rather quick and short post, no Batista hasn't always been this painful to watch, but the man was never this huge big deal that the WWE has tried to make him out be for the past 4-5 years. Also this means that from here on end the longer Big Dave stays the worse his performance will become. That is why I think it's best for him to retire before he becomes so unbearable that even the little kids will become sick of seeing him.

Chris Jericho is a god in the ring, and can carry almost anyone, but no one, I repeat NO ONE can make a brick of shit like Batista into gold.

Except you know, Cena, Taker, HHH, those sort of guys. Don't be fooled by what tLight says, Batista can go when he wants to. Which is pretty rarely. He also needs a decent enough dance partner.

In terms of his match, I was thinking it was more ring rust, fingers crossed. I'm really hoping he doesnt get injured for the next few years. That would pretty much be it for him

He is getting worse, I actually sorta dug his style in the leadup to and including his first title run. I still don't mind him but he is slowing down. It is lucky that he has a simply style. He should stick to squashes wherever possible, he can still pull those off convincingly enough.

The one thing he has going for him is name value, like it or not he is a big name. I don't know why he is as big as he is but he is and there is nothing we can do about it now.

The things you have to consider with Batista, hes getting older, I mean really old, the guy has been injury prone as of late, does anyone remember Batista coming out of injury and then getting re-injured after winning the WWE title?, the guy will have another short life span on Smackdown I believe IMO this is his last chance to see if he can go.

I do believe he will use whatever he can to stay on top, but i really believe that its a bad move for him to ever be on smackdown as I believe he is onlyh their to be put into the main event and truthfully he is probably shouldnt be upper midcard, I really hope he retires because he is lacking what it takes especially with the brutal schedule the wwe is putting on its talent at this time.

Like LJL, he was starting to become watchable a couple of years ago.
His feuds with Undertaker and Edge helped him improve hugely, and then he had the pretty damn good match with Cena at Summerslam and was starting to become respected as a wrestler on this here site.
But then he got injured twice in a row and it's obviously just taken a huge toll on him. He looks like he's getting worn out very quickly eventhough he's got a shitty work rate.
Honestly, I wish it could've been anyone other than Batista to come to SD. He's the only guy who could really make the show worse. I mean, this weeks SD was quite average due to the fact that it was The Batista Show. The awesomeness that was CM Punk and the Undertaker took a back seat to Batista's return.

Oh well, I enjoyed SD's great run while it lasted.

What to do you expect for a 40 year old man with muscles from here to Nantucket, a lot of injuries & low movement in his body due to his huge body? You can't expect him to be of the likes of John Cena or Shawn Michaels when selling moves. He has never been this crap & had something going when you first arrived during Evolution & afterwards. He has been pretty good for a big man in selling offense before he started pilling up the injuries.

I did see parts of that match & will admit that Batista could have done a little better in his side of Jericho's offense, but Batista has a lot of ring rust from the excessive interuptions this year & needs to find some base again for his last run in the WWE. Jericho is the man to help him get Batista on track again & I hope to see Batista be teaming with someone to take on Jerishow for the titles.

It is worth remembering that Batista had, in my mind, one of the strongest contenders for worst match of the year 2008, against HBK at One Night Stand. He's never been amazing, has he? I don't think Cena and HHH have got good matches out of him. Taker managed and Edge got very close: the Taker matches are good and the Edge ones are watchable, at least.

But hey. When you will overload your upper body with roided muscle mass - and remember, he has been a lot bigger before his wrestling career, this is the slimmed-down version we're seeing now - what do you expect but slowing down through injuries?

Batista has been shitty in the ring for a fair while now, not even sure if he was all that back in the day but for the last few years at least he has been terrible with the odd decent match here and there.

He can't sell or hit decent offence. It looks like he falls over with the Batista Bomb now and it just doesn't look good. His move over to Smackdown is obviously to put some star power in the roster (let's face it, he get's decent pops for some reason) but I just hope to GOD that he doesn't take any of the opportunities that could have been given to guys like Punk, Morrison or Ziggler because quite frankly Smackdown was/is the better show because of these guys so Batista better not take their opportunities.

He'll injur himself soon enough and retire though. I don't see him going past WM26... if he even makes it to that.

Batista's simply getting one more big run before retirement. The man's up in age, is broke down, and is way too injury prone to be a factor in any storyline. The thing is, when people job to him, it does nothing to make Batista stronger. It only makes the other wrestler look weaker in my eyes.

Back in the early days when he was with D-Von and Evolution, he was athletic and passable as a wrestler. Now, he's not. But he wasn't always shitty. He's been shitty over the past three years though.

Batista looked very tired and out of it Friday night. Hopefully he's just getting back into the grind but it's likely his injuries have caught up and his time back on SmackDown! may be short lived. We'll see what happens but Batista vs Big Show isn't looking good right now.

lol at someone saying he was respected as a wrestler on this website around the time he had that match at summerslam with cena...batistas been shit for years, nobodys ever respected him as a wrestler

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back