• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has anyone here ever worked at an arcade?

Pepe Silvia

Occasional Pre-Show
That was one of my dreams in my early teens, and I'm curious if anyone has any stories about said profession

I kind of expect arcades to be phased out in 10 years, too :( God that shit was so much fucking fun back in the day, when I didn't realize how ******ed it was that I'd spent $80 in like two hours. Wasn't my money, so

Not to mention spending 100 tickets on a dart gun, when you spent like $7 in tokens to get them and it was probably $2.99 face value

I work at a place that has a different kind of arcade.

But yeah, working at a video game arcade seems like loads of fun!

I worked in one for about 3 months until it was shut down. It was okay, not nearly as fun as you would expect mostly because it takes the fun out of being there when you aren't on the clock. Free tokens though, always a plus and used that perk fully on the Terminator 2 pinball. Free boba smoothies as well.

I would prolly kill myself if I had to work at an arcade, between the noise and the presences of annoying kids... yeah I'd pass

There's a pretty cool arcade place downtown here that's been very popular for the last 20 years or so but I can't help but feel their time is limited. Never worked there but I used to buy weed from a guy who worked there, seemed like one of the easiest jobs imaginable, he just sat around all day handing kids stuffed animals and shit.

Could never work in one, it'd be like meeting your childhood hero and finding out he's an absolute cunt

I actually plan on going to school here in my hometown and opening an arcade/laser tag arena. The main focus would be the laser tag of course, with the arcade on the side. I'd love the job personally.

But the actual working, I'd imagine could get annoying with all the bleeps and bloops and the rings and the dings... it'd feel like living with Bill Cosby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back