Has anyone ever seen this...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Badass

***FILL OUT OUR SURVEY AND RECEIVE A FREE LAPTOP!***

Don't go running to report this thread as an advertisement....that's not what I'm doing. But that headline right there, either as a junk mail or a banner ad, or wherever else you may see it....has anyone ever actually tried this?

I always chalked it up to bullsh*t, just another advertising thing to get you to spend money on something. And for all intents and purposes, that's what it is.

Basically, it starts out by asking you for your mailing information, for you to pick the brand of laptop you want, and then to "Click here to complete simple survey and confirm your order!".

Invariably what happens is (I've tried three of these), the next page you get to, instead of a survey, it has a list of about 10 advertisements, it asks you if you are interested in any of them, you click no to all, then the next page, about 20 more advertisers, you click no to all, then to the next page....that cycle repeats for about five pages.

Then, after sifting through all of that, you get to what you think is the final page to order your "free" laptop.....here are the advertisements again. Except this time it says, "Please select at least one of the five offers below to continue". Now, at this point, I was determined to see just how far they would take this, so I chose one of them that didn't cost me anything (very hard to do), and clicked to go to the next page. Much to my surprise...."Please complete 2 of the following offers to continue".

Now since each time you click on an offer, it opens another window....so I figured, I'll just click on two of them to open the window, "trick" the site into thinking I chose two offers, and then click "Next" to move forward anyway....NOPE!

Now this cycle appears to keep going, and going. I gave up after getting to the next page that says "Please select three offers.....".

My purpose for this thread is two-fold. One being, don't waste your time on this shit because it's all just advertising, and you will never see a "free" laptop. Second reason being....maybe, just maybe someone has actually gone through all that shit and actually gotten a laptop....I doubt it, but hell, you never know.

As they say....if it sounds to good to be true....it probably is.

I alway's get e-mails saying that a Mr.__________ has died and he has requested that I recieve a share of his will. All they need is my bank account number. It's just a scam. I always type fuck off in the spot were they want my account nomber the next thing I recieve is a thank you e-mail.

It is annoying IMO because i always get them on my hotmail address for some reason saying "Congratulations you have won a free laptop" and you find out that you have to join this and that to be eligible and to be honest its quite annoying.
What gets me with that too is that you can never be sure whether its something to do with fraud or not

Y 2 Jake said:
I alway's get e-mails saying that a Mr.__________ has died and he has requested that I recieve a share of his will. All they need is my bank account number. It's just a scam. I always type fuck off in the spot were they want my account nomber the next thing I recieve is a thank you e-mail.

I must say that amused me. But I have a habit of doing those get a free laptop things, you can't trick the site and have to really do the offers..which BTW are real companies. I would for once like to know if it is a scam or real.

Ik that they are all bullshit, but for some reason, i fill them out a lot(the ones to get a free xbox 360...etc), and i finally get to the point where it is impossible for me to keep going. they make you buy other stuff to get the thing that they said was free. Its all crap, and btw, everyday i get about 20 emails saying i just won free stuff

I have filled one of these out before, they ask you for your credit card number and I put a dummy number in, then they told me that I wasn't eligable for the deal due to them being unable to deliver to my adress (new york city at the time)

The Badass said:
***FILL OUT OUR SURVEY AND RECEIVE A FREE LAPTOP!***

Don't go running to report this thread as an advertisement....that's not what I'm doing. But that headline right there, either as a junk mail or a banner ad, or wherever else you may see it....has anyone ever actually tried this?

I always chalked it up to bullsh*t, just another advertising thing to get you to spend money on something. And for all intents and purposes, that's what it is.

Basically, it starts out by asking you for your mailing information, for you to pick the brand of laptop you want, and then to "Click here to complete simple survey and confirm your order!".

Invariably what happens is (I've tried three of these), the next page you get to, instead of a survey, it has a list of about 10 advertisements, it asks you if you are interested in any of them, you click no to all, then the next page, about 20 more advertisers, you click no to all, then to the next page....that cycle repeats for about five pages.

Then, after sifting through all of that, you get to what you think is the final page to order your "free" laptop.....here are the advertisements again. Except this time it says, "Please select at least one of the five offers below to continue". Now, at this point, I was determined to see just how far they would take this, so I chose one of them that didn't cost me anything (very hard to do), and clicked to go to the next page. Much to my surprise...."Please complete 2 of the following offers to continue".

Now since each time you click on an offer, it opens another window....so I figured, I'll just click on two of them to open the window, "trick" the site into thinking I chose two offers, and then click "Next" to move forward anyway....NOPE!

Now this cycle appears to keep going, and going. I gave up after getting to the next page that says "Please select three offers.....".

My purpose for this thread is two-fold. One being, don't waste your time on this shit because it's all just advertising, and you will never see a "free" laptop. Second reason being....maybe, just maybe someone has actually gone through all that shit and actually gotten a laptop....I doubt it, but hell, you never know.

As they say....if it sounds to good to be true....it probably is.

just like when they say GET A FREE XBOX 360 ha well you didn't give them too much information i hope but i never really trust these ads alway looking to take money from you anyway they can

In the end you actually do get a laptop or whatever they're advirtising.
Because they use your e-mail and sale them to companies so they can send you spam.

WrestlingIsJericho616 said:
In the end you actually do get a laptop or whatever they're advirtising.
Because they use your e-mail and sale them to companies so they can send you spam.

So you got a free laptop?

Well i was saying in the you would get the laptop because he was talking about one he tried that had a laptop. I filled out one that you got ps2
But now i get TONS of spam

WrestlingIsJericho616 said:
Well i was saying in the you would get the laptop because he was talking about one he tried that had a laptop. I filled out one that you got ps2
But now i get TONS of spam

well at least you got something:)

Paulwall I just got the message I typed in This isent A iraqiuan this is nature so fk off jew before I get a part of you

you ever get the one that says one of your credit-card # could be lucky!!! I just type in 1234567890 and they say "sory none of them our lucky."

You'd be surprised at how many people actually buy into these scams. Every month you can be assured some idiot will come complaining onto current affairs programs that someone stole their money off the internet. This is someones job and lifestyle and spamming can actually get a lot of money for these people who know what they are doing.

I tried it. beleive me, I tried.

I was bored one day, and feeling experimental

14 offers I completed later... they started CHARGING me. yes, that's right. you have to complete offers that cost money to do, so the laptop, ps3 Xbox,cool-thing-with-lights-and-noises, etc. is NOT free at all.

just a heads up in the heads-up thread.

We got a letter saying we had won a prize in the Spanish Lottery yesterday. And all we had to do to claim our funds was send them money and our account details so that they could get our funds for us!!!

Juan Lopez won that money for me so I am so happy. I sent him just 1000 dollars, but I won 16 million dollars!

Scam? No, it can't be a scam. It was a real company and of course I bought a ticket in that lottery. People who say these things are scams are just people who have never won anything themselves.

Seriously, these people should be prosecuted because they can ruin gullible people's lives. Everyone is sick of these things though but they fall for them because they think it is real and that these companies are real ones. I suppose it is their own fault though if they lose money.

By the way, has anyone else received any letters like that? I hope that the people on here are smart enough to spot scams when they see them because too many people fall for this stuff.

i hate how on nearly every site there is (even on here) how they have something that involves them getting your phone number or email address with things like "out drink the collage boy/Santa" or the famous you are the 1,000,000th person on this site you have won ___________

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back