• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hart family vs Anoa'i family

Who has a better legacy

• Hart's

• Anoa'i's

Results are only viewable after voting.

DaBadGuy

Occasional Pre-Show
The Hart Dynasty/Uso Twin's fued got me thinking about this 2 family legacy's. In the Uso Twin's first promo on Raw they said that the Hart Dynasty family isn't the only family that runs deep in the wrestling buisness or in WWE rather. They also claimed that their family was always put to side by the WWE and that the Hart's were more respected than their family. Well I'm going to list all of these 2 family's list of WWE accomplishments and let everyone decide who they fill has the better legacy between the Hart's and Anoa'i's.

Hart's Family Accomplishment's

Stu Hart
WWE Hall of Fame
Trained various wrestlers (Abdullah the Butcher, Gene Anderson, Ben Bassarab, Chris Benoit, Harry Smith, T.J. Wilson, Steve Blackman, Bad News Brown, Justin Credible, Dynamite Kid, Edge, Ricky Fuji, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Bret Hart, Bruce Hart, Keith Hart, Owen Hart, Smith Hart, Shinya Hashimoto, Billy Jack Haynes, Mark Henry, The Honky Tonk Man, Chris Jericho, The Junkyard Dog, Gene Kiniski, Jos Leduc, Paul LeDuc, Jushin Liger, Luther Lindsey, Gorilla Monsoon, Jim Neidhart, Eduardo Miguel Perez, Brian Pillman, George Scott, Sandy Scott, Ken Shamrock, Gama Singh, Davey Boy Smith, The Stomper, Lance Storm, Greg Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff, Fritz Von Erich)

Bret Hart
WWE United States Championship (1 time)
WWF Championship (5 times)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times)
WWF Tag Team Championship (2 times)
King of the Ring (1991, 1993)
Royal Rumble (1994)
Second Triple Crown Champion
WWE Hall of Fame

Owen Hart
WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWF Tag Team Championship (4 times)
King of the Ring (1994)

Jim Neidhart

British Bulldog
WWF European Championship (2 times)
WWF Hardcore Championship (2 times)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
WWF World Tag Team Championship (2 times)
Royal Rumble Runner Up (1995)

Dynamite Kid
WWF Tag Team Championship (1 time)

Teddy Hart
Had a run with the WWE

Tyson Kidd & David Hart Smith
Current Unified Tag Team Champions

Natalya Neidhart
Current member of Hart Dynasty

Anoa'i's Family Accomplishment's

Peter Miavia
WWE Hall of Fame

Wild Samoan's
WWF Tag Team Championship (3 times)
WWE Hall of Famers
Trained various wrestlers (Afa, Jr., Batista, Court Bauer, Black Pear, Melissa Coates, Terry Gordy, Michael Hayes, Billy Kidman, Chris Kanyon, Kishi, Rocco Rock, Jeff Roth, Havoc, RO'Z, Samu, L.A. Smooth, Snitsky, Umaga, Virgil, Yokozuna,)

Jimmy Snuka
WWE Hall of Fame

Haku
WWF Tag Team Championship

Rocky Johnson
WWF Tag Team Championship (1 time)
WWE Hall of Fame

Yokazuna
WWF Championship (2 times)
Royal Rumble (1993)

The Rock
WWF/E Championship (7 times)
WCW Heavyweight Champion (2 times)
WWF Tag Team Championship (5 times)
Royal Rumble (2000)
Sixth Triple Crown Champion

Rikishi
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)
WWE World Tag Team Championship (2 times)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)

Umaga
WWE Intercontinental Championship (2 times)

Rosey
World Tag Team Championship (1 time)

Manu
Former member of Legacy

Uso Twins
Current WWE tag team, fueding with Hart Dynasty over Unified titles

If I am missing anyone in these family's please feel free too let me know. Also feel free to move it to the Old School Wrestling section of this forum, I know I made a mistake by putting it in the WWE forum.

Anoa'i family will receive the vote for me.

Also I think in all fairness if you're going to to name all the trainees of Stu Hart, you have to mention all the wrestlers Afa and Sika trained. Simply because some of the newer fans of the sport will look at the wrestlers Stu trained and will base their vote simply on he's done more to the business.

(Billy Kidman, Dave Batista, Terry Gordy, Michael Hayes, Samu, Fatu, Afa Jr, The Rock ((some, mostly Rocky Johnson with the Rock)), Yoko, Snitsky, Kanyon, Johnny Devine, many many more to name)

On to why I voted for the Anoa'i family

I've always enjoyed the style they've brought to the ring. Their matches are so physical and every match makes me more and more impressed with their athleticism.

Also I believe if you match all of these men together, the Anoa'i Dynasty has had more charismatic wrestlers than the Hart's.

Criteria I think every voter should take in:

The head members ability to contribute to the business. Like I mentioned before I would mention all the individuals that have gone through Afa's school to make it fair with you mentioning Stu Hart's dungeon. I personally feel this is really close, but I'll give this vote to Stu Hart because the majority of his guys were better in the ring. How ever it is very close IMO

Over:

We see this all the time in wrestling today. It doesn't matter how great you are in the ring, if you can get over with the fans (ala Shelton Benjamin) you aren't going to the top. I think the Anoa'i family dominates this part. A lot of people will probably not like this following comment, but a lot of the Hart's charisma/mic work/etc is overrated.

-------

It's a really tough vote and they both have contributed so much to this business, but I have to go with the Anoa'i family. Very good thread and I'm interested in seeing how the vote sways!

to me they both have GREAT legacies and i cant choose one. Everybody in either of those families were GREAT at one time with an expection of a few(Rosey, Manu, Teddy Hart, and Maybe Umuga). you got Great ones in the Anoa's like THE Rock , The Wild Samoans, Peter Mavia, and Jimmy Snuka. and then the Great ones in the Hart's like Bret, Owen, The Brittish Bulldog, and The Hart Dynasty(not yet but i see a GREAT future all three). so i couldntt vote for one i think there both GREAT

I really REALLY can't choose. The Harts turned out some DAMN good wrestlers. The Anoa'is turned out some DAMN good wrestlers/entertainers. I appreciate so much what both families have done for the business. So, I'm going to call them apples and oranges. While the Harts may have a more "technically" talented legacy. The Anoa'is aren't short on putting on great matches and the entertainment aspect of wrestling. Love them both.

Isn't Bret Hart a 5 titime us champion?

I believe he's just mentioning WWF/E achievements and referring to Hart's recent U.S title reign after defeating the Miz while being a mentor to the Hart Dynasty.

But yes, Bret Hart won the U.S title in WCW on 4 seperate occasions making the total at 5.

He also a 2 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion and a 1 time WCW World Tag Team champion along side Goldberg.

Also I'll add in a couple more achievements to compare the families (PWI and Observer Awards)

Start with the Anoa'i Dynasty

The Wild Samoans:

#93 Tag Team of all time voted on by Pro Wrestling Illustrated

The Rock:

2000 Wrestler of the Year voted on by PWI
PWI Match of the year on 2 separate occasions (99, 2002)
PWI Most Popular wrestler on 2 seperate occasions (99, 2000)

WON Best Box Office Draw (2000)
WON Best Wrestling Gimmick (99)
WON Best Interviews (1999, 2000)
WON Most Charismatic (99, 2000, 2001, 2002)
WON Most Improved (1998)
WON HOF Class of 2007

Peter Maivia

PWI named Peter #268 on the PWI 500 "over the years" list

Rocky Johnson

PWI Ranked Rocky #211 on the PWI 500 "over the years" list.

Yokozuna

PWI Most Improved Wrestler (1993)
PWI ranked him #5 in the PWI 500 (1993)
PWI ranked him #145 in the PWI 500 "over the years" list

Umaga/Jamal/Eddie Fatu

PWI named him #22 out of the PWI 500 (2007)

Rikishi Fatu

PWI Comeback of the year (2000)
PWI ranked him #347 in the PWI 500 "over the years" list
----------------------------------------------------

Hart Family:

Bret Hart:

PWI Comeback of the year (1997)
PWI Feud of the Year (1993 and 1994 with King and Owen)
PWI Match of the Year on 3 seperate Occasions (92, 96, and 97)
PWI most hated Wrestler (1997)
PWI Most Inspirational (1994)
PWI Stanley Weston Award (2003)
PWI ranked him #1 on the PWI 500 on 2 separate occasions (93 and 94)
PWI ranked him #4 on the PWI 500 "over the years" list
PWI ranked the Hart Foundation #37 on all time tag teams.

WON Feud of the Year (1993 with King)
WON Feud of the Year (1997 with Austin)
WON Match of the year (97' with Austin at WM 13)
WON Hall of Fame class of 1996

Owen Hart

PWI Editors Award (1999)
PWI Feud of the Year (1994)
PWI Rookie of the Year (1987)
PWI ranked him #10 on the PWI 500 (1994)
PWI ranked him and the British Bulldog #84 on greatest tag teams of all time

WON High Flying Star (1987, 1988)
Feud of the Year (97 with Austin vs Foundation)

British Bulldog

PWI Match of the year (1992)
PWI Ranked him #15 on the PWI 500 (1993)
PWI ranked the British Bulldogs the #5 tag team of all time
Also as mentioned Under Owen #84

WON Best Wrestling maneuver (1984)
WON Feud of the Year (1997 with Austin)
WON Tag team of the year (1985 with Dynamite Kid)

Hmm, this is tough. Both have such huge legacies in WWE and just wrestling in general. I really can't split them up and make a definite answer but I think I will got for the ano'i family for the fact that they will most likely be the minority in the poll.

But, I will also vote for them because they have The Rock, C'mon The Rock! I know they have Bret Hart and Owen but The Rock is a face of a generation and is a household name around the world. While Bret is only known INSIDE the wrestling world.

I think in terms of public perception, its the Hart family which is more well known by the fans because every wrestler keeps screaming about it that "I was trained in the Hart dungeon", like Jericho. Also, the fans who are the family members from the Hart family, like Natalya and David Smith, because they make it known in their promos, etc. However, that is not the case with the Anoa'i family. For example, the Rock never acknowledged on WWE TV that he was related to Yokozuna, or Umaga didn't ever acknowledge that he was related to the Rock, so on and so forth. In terms of the 2 families themselves, I think the Anoa'i family had more number of good wrestlers/ entertainers. However, when I look at the wrestlers who were trained by the 2, I think more technicall skilled wrestlers have come out of the Hart family than the Anoa'i family, e.g., Jericho > Batista in wrestling skill.

I'm gonna go with the Anoa'i family.

The Stu Hart Family Dungeon is legendary and you cannot deny their success for putting out great wrestlers and technicians. Cannot deny it if you wanted to.

The Hart family just in and of themselves have produced some pretty fantastic wrestlers that are known to even the casual fans in Bret and Owen, even going to the extended family with The Anvil and British Bulldog. And they have had their fair share of fantastic matches and feuds, as is well documented in the PWI and Wrestling Observer.

But still, I do agree with Money Inc in that there was not much charisma coming out of the Hart Dungeon. Perhaps a few of the folks that trained there have since been shown to be very charismatic, a la Jericho, but I don't think you can give credit to the Harts for that. I think Jericho is just charismatic to begin with and he got his wrestling training from the Harts. Make sense?

And then you have the Anoa'i family, with such charismatic guys as Superfly, High Chief Peter Maivia, Rocky Johnson and The Rock! Even guys like Rosey and Jamal/Umaga, though not technical wrestling's finest, were super charismatic and over with the crowd, either as faces or heels. And they weren't terrible wrestlers either.

I checked the OP and didn't see any mention of Haku for the Anoa'i family and I do believe that he is a cousin to The Rock and all the above. Any confirmation on this? If so, he'd be another one that had great charisma, feuds and matches and even some accomplishments in the ring, such as winning Tag Team gold with Andre the Giant.

The Harts are classics and are class acts in and out of the ring, for the most part. Every family tree has a few nuts I'm sure. But their legacy inside the squared circle is phenomenal and they should be very pleased with their efforts.

But I'm still gonna have to give the nod to Anoa'i and company, simply by matching up Bret Hart with The Rock. These are the two faces of the respective families, and everything else from each kinda evens out. But these two men do not. Rock did things that Bret has never done and has unprecedented popularity and crowd reaction. That's where I had to draw the final line, but this was by far one of the tougher polls ever.

Hart Family:
First generation (in wrestling):

Stu Hart: WWE HOF 2010, trained the following: Chris Benoit, Edge, Billy Graham, Honky Tonk Man, Chris Jericho, Mark Henry, JYD, Jushin Liger, Brian Pillman, Lance Storm, Fritz Von Erich, and a lot more.

His 12 Kids:

Smith, Bruce, Keith, Bret, Dean, Diana, Owen, Ross, Allison, Wayne, Georgia, and Ellie.
The normal wrestling fan would know Bruce, Keith, Bret, and Owen.
*Ellie married Jim Neidhart.
3rd Generation:
(Wow)
Michael, Toby, Satania, Matthew, Chad Hart; Jennifer, Kristen, Natalya Neidhart; Jade, Dallas, Alexandra, Blade Hart; Harry and Georgia Smith; Oje and Athena Hart; Lindsay, Brooke Hart; Ted, Matt, Angela, Annie Annis.
About 3 of these names should be familiar to everyone: Natalya Neidhart, Harry Smith, and Ted Annis.

4th Generation:
Bradley Annis.

*According to wiki, Roddy Piper is a cousin to the 2nd Generation Harts.

Anoa'i Family

First Generation:
Amatuanai Anoa'i/ Toale Anoa'i: Had 9 children:
Second Generation:
Afa, Afoa, Tumua, Peteroni, Sipa, and Sika, Matalima, Lia, and Vera

Afa and Sika were the Wild Samoans.

The rest:

Too lazy to post all the generations. The noteworthy ones left are: Afa, Jr. (Manu), Samula (Samu), Yokozuna, Sam Fatu (Tonga Kid), Eddie Fatu (Umaga), Solofa Fatu, Jr. (Rikishi), Matt Anoa'i (Rosey), and the Rock.

So these lists contain some of the biggest names in Pro. wrestling history. It really comes down to Stu, Bret, Owen, Smith, Bruce, Ted, and Jim vs. The Wild Samoans, Manu, Yokozuna, Umaga, Rikishi, and The Rock.

I would say the Hart family wins, just because the patriarch in the Anoa'i family wasn't really involved in wrestling in any way.

very had to choose. im gonna have to go witht he hart family. only cause im such a bret hart mark. both familes are very accomplish and great entertainers. also i notice no one mentioned deuce/sim snuka. he is the son of hall of famer jimmy snuka. also would dynamite kid count as a hart family member since he is davey boys cousin and ex brother in law of bret and owen

zman they did mention him they just listed him as Manu which was the name he used when joined legacy. But I will have to go with the Anoa'i family even though I am very torn. They both have produced great matches as well as wrestlers. Both camps have made wrestlers that have gone on to have great careers. The reason I choose the Anoa'i is becaue they very seldom get the recognition that the Hart family does in the wrestling world. People seem to forget how big of an Impact they made. I am glad that this thread was created, because it shows another family other than the harts that people can see have history. A lot of people asscoiate the harts with the wrestling business and that is because a lot of them Have Hart in the name or are clearly stated as cousins. As well as the very public fued mcmahon has had with bret. The Anoa'is have not been so vocal until recently about their family history. The only mentions of it before were the rock referring to his grandfather and rikishi who stated the rock being his cousin one year on raw a few years back(when he ran over SCSA). However you also have to look at the times in which these two familys had their big impacts. At the time where the Harts were big, they were all one family together on raw around the same age all succeeding. The Anoa'is are more spread apart and have times when it was a couple people at a time so it is alot easier to over look the family which is why i believe some people do. However both familys huge success. Wrestlers Technicians and Entertainers.

zman they did mention him they just listed him as Manu which was the name he used when joined legacy. But I will have to go with the Anoa'i family even though I am very torn. They both have produced great matches as well as wrestlers. Both camps have made wrestlers that have gone on to have great careers. The reason I choose the Anoa'i is becaue they very seldom get the recognition that the Hart family does in the wrestling world. People seem to forget how big of an Impact they made. I am glad that this thread was created, because it shows another family other than the harts that people can see have history. A lot of people asscoiate the harts with the wrestling business and that is because a lot of them Have Hart in the name or are clearly stated as cousins. As well as the very public fued mcmahon has had with bret. The Anoa'is have not been so vocal until recently about their family history. The only mentions of it before were the rock referring to his grandfather and rikishi who stated the rock being his cousin one year on raw a few years back(when he ran over SCSA). However you also have to look at the times in which these two familys had their big impacts. At the time where the Harts were big, they were all one family together on raw around the same age all succeeding. The Anoa'is are more spread apart and have times when it was a couple people at a time so it is alot easier to over look the family which is why i believe some people do. However both familys huge success. Wrestlers Technicians and Entertainers.

Manu and Deuce are actually two different individuals.

Manu is actually Afa Jr. Anoa'i and the son of one of the original Wild Samoans.

So Manu would be first cousins to Rikishi, Rosey, and Eddie Fatu.

Actually Sim Snuka wouldn't be counted at all anyway simply because he is adopted and not the actual son of Superfly. So I don't know if he could be included in the vote since were talking better blood pipe line.

When I first saw this I was thinking the Hart family. And then I actually started thinking it through, and my vote has to go to the Anoa'i dynasty. The Anoa'is are a lot bigger than people think. The only reason people can cite the Hart family so easily is because they almost all have the same last names! Even the Anvil's last name ended with the syllable of "heart"! Where as a great majority of people wouldn't think the Rock and Superfly were somehow related. And yes, the Harts are great at submissions, but the Anoa'is are definitely more charismatic. I've never been a big fan of Hart mic-work (in their defense, the Dungeon doesn't focus as much on the mic work), and it seems to run naturally in the Anoa'is. Somebody already stated that the Anoa'is don't go around saying they are related to each other, whereas it seems the Harts are always throwing it in our faces. While I still respect the hell out of the Hart family, my vote has to go to the Anoa'i dynasty.

This was a really hard decision for me, but I have to go with the Anoa'i family on this one. I'm glad that the poll results are so close, because I really thought a bunch of people would just choose the Hart family because...well...they're the Harts.

The Harts are the most famous wrestling family in history, and they probably should be. The Dungeon has produced some of the greatest technical wrestlers in the history of the business. Guys like Bret, Owen, The Anvil, and the Bulldog will be remembered forever as the best of the best. There's no doubt in my mind that the Harts are great, but I'm a bigger fan of the Anoa'i family.

I'm a huge fan of technical wrestling, but I'm a bigger for of great athletes that are equally good entertainers. And that doesn't mean having the ability to pull segments with midgets, divas, and celebrities. The Anoa'i family has given us guys like the Rock, the Wild Samoans, Umaga, Rikishi, and others. Maybe Umaga wasn't the greatest on the mic (haha) but he was damn good in the ring for being a big guy, and was just fun to watch, in my opinion. Rikishi was the exact same, and if you've ever had the privilege to go back and watch matches of the Wild Samoans, you know how good they are, and how fun they are to watch.

I also have a big place in my heart for Samoan wrestlers. I'm not really sure why that is, I just find them to be awesome. The Samoan Drop is one of my favorite moves, and my created superstars have been using it since WWF No Mercy (greatest wrestling game ever). So, while the Harts have trained up some of the greatest technical masterpieces in the history of wrestling, the Anoa'i family has brought us sports entertainment. I think both families have a good case, and I can see why many people would prefer the Harts. They do have their share of entertainers as well. Chris Jericho trained with the Harts, but he spent the majority of his time in the indy circuit with guys like Triple H, Rhino, Christian, and Edge. I just think that at the end of the day, it comes down to your preference of athletic entertainers or pure mat wrestlers. I'm a huge fan of both, and I think the current product could use a huge dose of what both the Harts and the Anoa's have to offer.

But my personal pick is the Anoa'i family. "High Chief", Rocky, the Great One, the Samoan Bulldozer (rest in peace), the Wild Samoas, Jimmy Snuka, and so many more have really shaped the reason I got into pro wrestling. No offense to the Harts and their legendary legacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back