Harry Brown - Michael Caine Goes Vigilante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Described as a "modern urban western," the titular Harry Brown (Caine) is an elderly widower and former Royal Marine who has lived to see his neighbourhood overrun by violent gangs, drugs and crime. When his best friend Leonard (Bradley) is brutally murdered and the gang leader responsible walks free, Harry finds himself snapping. Soon, his desire for revenge leads to the vigilante facing up to the young thugs, with terrifying results.

This seems like a cross between Gran Torino, Taken, and Death Wish. Michael Caine is awesome, and has really been on a roll with the career resurgence he's had, and this role he has seems like something he'll do well with. I also like it because of the fact that it's something new. He's played nice grandfatherly types for awhile, and this is probably the last time he'll be able to take part in the action. It seems like this is based on something that's actually going on in England too from what I've read, if any people from England can corroborate. The film is only getting a UK release for now, and will probably go straight to DVD here in the states, but my interest is piqued and I can't wait to check this out.

Here's the trailer:
[YOUTUBE]OVOSfHFNlcI[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo