• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hardy Sheen

Evenflow DDT

Pre-Show Stalwart
After last night and with reports that he was sent home from this weeks set of taping, is there any chance this is a work and we are gonna be witness to a HORRIBLE angle where Jeff becomes TNAs version of Charlie Sheen?

I really hope not but in the last few months TNA has shown that they aren't above tasteless storylines.(Angle/Jarrett and Orlando Jordon)

I doubt it. Capitalizing on Jersey Shore's doucheyness in the lower mid-card ≠ capitalizing on Charlie Sheen's madness in the main event.

IMO the main event stories are generally treated with much, much more class and respect, and Hardy doesn't have the personality to pull off a Sheen character anyway.

dont give tna so much credit, as bad as that idea is its still better than anything tna comes up with. besides hardy has been this way for a year or more now, so if anything sheen copied hardy! lol (or maybe not, sheen has been a drug addicted moron for decades actually...he just turned himself up to "10" recently)

hardy sheen- great name lol i laughed out loud and had to click this :)

now that i think twice, tna is devoid of anyone able to create an original idea that i wouldnt doubt if they read threads like this on the net and spin it like "yeah thats what we were doing all along!"

LOL

Honestly, while I know Charlie Sheen is getting more attention these days than he ever has, this is not the type of story to try and capitalize on in wrestling. Certainly not with Jeff Hardy either.

It's pretty clear to me that Jeff has a real problem, and it should not be exploited on TV. It wasn't cool when WCW did it with Scott Hall in the late 90s, nor was it cool when WWF did it with Road Warrior Hawk around that same time. Instead of helping these men, you become enablers by writings stories to glorify a sickness rather than helping these men out.

Jeff needs help. This isn't a joke anymore. He's heading down a dangerous road, and I'm sure none of us want to see him get worse. Regardless of how we feel about him as a performer, as humans, we need to support him leaving TNA on his own in order to get help. Go to detox, go to rehab, GET HELP. At this point, anything less could bring him a lot closer to old friends Eddie Fatu and Andrew Martin. This is a troubled man, and keeping him on TV to exploit his troubles is just wrong on so many levels.

I hope that the rest of wrestlezone can see this and maybe, just maybe, we can put our show biases aside and root for Jeff Hardy to turn his life around. I'm not the biggest Jeff Hardy fan, but I'm first to say that I sincerely hope he can admit he has a problem and go get help for it.

Everyone knows Jeff Hardy has problems, has court issues and might be facing jail time if things go wrong with his court problems, if Jeff was not fit to perform management should of pulled him for many reason, clearly him going out in that condition looks bad on him and the company and if he would of got seriously hurt because of his condition then what, Sting can be pissed off all he wants management should never of let Jeff go to the ring in.

many times main events have been changed due to injury etc, I remember seeing wrestling at copps in Hamilton, it was piper vs flair well piper did not show so we were treated to a dream match of hogan vs flair which the crowed although upset that piper was not there loved seeing hogan and flair lock up.

now if hardy could not make it hell send out matt to get his ass kicked by sting and save face with hardy and could of used it as an angle of sting hurt matt to further hardy and sting fued while keeping jeff off the card while being not fit till they could figure what to do, letting him go out and just hurt the main event, people are going to look at that as why pay good money for a pay-per-view and get crap

I hope Jeff gets the help he needs but management if this is not a work should open their eyes, that was wrong sending him out to perform, you have many guys who could of took the spot and did well and saved face with fans and everyone else

HARDY IS A DRUGGIE PLAIN AND STUPID. HE IS NOT CHARLIE SHEEN, I told you stupid mindless TNA Marks that these two were Quote a "Rehab fest waiting to explode" And yall just bashed me and told me I was wrong. Wow theres a shocker The Guru was right. I dont just call my self that. Dont doubt me EVER. He should be fired and check himself into a Rehab center and get his life right. Vince would pay for it.

I doubt this idea but it did at least enter my mind. Extremely unlikely though. It could be a decent way to get Hardy some rest but treating the main event like that would seem like a bad idea. I think the powers that be know that and even if they wanted to try this gimmick, something probably defensible if done correctly, they would not have done it like this.

it is not even a question as far as i'm concerned...

the whole thing IS a work. nothing (and i mean nothing) less.

sure, hardy has a problem. but no less than rvd or any number of other wrestlers. he has legal troubles that he has to take care of - so *if* there is any truth to the rumors that he wasn't at any of the tapings - then this was all orchestrated precisely to give jeff some time off. and u know russo - it wouldn't be russo (that slimy bastard) if he didn't take advantage of a wrestler's real life issues in one of his obnoxious "reality" angles. sadly, the pay-off won't last - and we will always remember russo as a one-trick pony. i don't think long-term, a charlie sheen like character or angle will work in tna. but don't put anything above these monsters. they will try anything (and yet, always be far below wwe).

It is possible. To even one in here praising TNA and it's "Good WHC Story Lines" have you been watching lately? They have been horrid. I wouldn't be in complete disbelief if this was the case. But I wouldn't mind this story line either. I think it would be somewhat better then some of the story lines they have passed on lately.

I actually would not be surprised if TNA tried to do this. The amount of stupid stuff they have done over the years to try and capitalise on a celebrity to have their own "Mike Tyson" moment- Pacman Jones for example, J-Woww etc.

I don't think they will do this, because the sheer amount of negative reaction this has received must surely have been noticed by TNA management. They could not possibly be stupid enough, naive enough or arrogant enough to think they can get out of this with some sort of storyline, especially one featuring either the real Charlie Sheen, or Jeff Hardy in a Sheen-esque character.

Can they?!

You know it wouldn't surprise me if this is a work.

Remember back in 2008 at Survivor Series when JR said Hardy had been found unconcious in his hotel room? Everyone was assuming that he'd OD'd or something because of his troubles, he then comes running to the ring later that night because it was a work. This was labelled the most disgusting promotional tactic of that year I believe. It wouldn't surprise me if TNA are attempting to do the same.

I almost hope it is a work, especially for the sake of Hardy's health, and backstage staff's employment status. If it is a work however, that is a serious kick in the teeth to the fans and will hurt TNA more in the long run.

Everyone knows Jeff Hardy has problems, has court issues and might be facing jail time if things go wrong with his court problems...

Speaking of which, doesn't Jeff have a court date on March 21? I would imagine one thing the court would like to see is that the defendant has cleaned himself up. Can you imagine what happens if the prosecution shows the judge a tape of the PPV that aired a week before the hearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back