• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hall of Fame and Key people missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly0u812

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was going threw the list of Hall of Fame people and notice a few guys missing, King Kong Bundy, Rick Rude, Jake Roberts, Savage, Warrior.

To me these five guys alone are key players, Bundy has so many matches with Hogan and so on, where is he???

Rick Rude, many classic fights with Warrior and Roberts, Rude held the intercontenital title, Savage many fueds with Hogan, main evented many pay-per-views, and Warriror, he did things also.

Why are these guys being over looked, Vince should stop being a closed minded guy and give these guys their due, they let Bret in and hell he jumped to WCW, knocked Vince on his ass, spit in his face, yeah Bret did many great things and was inducted, these other guys have done many things also, why are they being held out.

Vince has no problem getting rid of talent who are not making him millions, but they are not allowed to leave when WWE not allowing them to shine and make money and if they do leave they get it held against them.

To me that is bullsh!t.

There's a chance Bundy and Rude might get in some day, but I'll try, and break down why some of the other choices you've mentioned might not EVER make it in.

Randy Savage- As we all see, for now, Bret and Vince seemed to have burry the hatchet, but Savage on the other hand......I don't think it'll happen any time soon. Although WWE did release a DVD on him this year, Vince still seems to be holding the grudge against him. He's on the alumni page on WWE.com, and that's as bout as close to the HOF I think he will ever get.

The Ultimate Warrior-I personally can't stand this guy. He was horrible in the ring, and was one of those guys who mainly got over because he had a "look" and his character was something different back then. This guy would constantly not sell a lot of other wrestlers moves, had a bad reputation backstage, and of course there's the whole Summerslam '91 controversy. I've read recently that there's a chance he might go in 2010, but we all know things can change. But you have to think about one thing.....Warrior's HOF speech. You do know that this guy is literally crazy as crazy can be right?

Jake Roberts-There has also been a lot of tension between Vince and Jake. He also threatened to no show a ppv(it was Wrestlemania, I forget which one), and of course Jake has had many demons, and that caused problems.

Out of three I just mentioned, I think Jake Roberts will some day make it into the HOF. I don't think Vince is as pissed at him as he is with Warrior and Savage.

I'd say that Bundy has a potential shot of being in the HOF someday but I'm not so sure about the others.

Rick Rude: If I'm not mistaken, Rude just suddenly jumped ship and went to WCW. Rude wasn't under contract and was only being paid per appearance. True, he wasn't exactly doing anything in the WWF at the time but that's hardly the point. Rude didn't show loyalty to Vince, so there's a chance that he's on Vince's shit list even though he's dead. Vince is the type to carry a grudge after all.

Randy Savage: Vince and Savage have been said to absolutely despise each other. There are stories that Vince would fly into a rage whenever Savage's name was mentioned around him, even during board meetings, and he's gone out of his way to deny Savage's existence. Now, the fact that the WWE put out a DVD anthology of Savage this past summer could potentially be an indicator of Vince moving on to some degree. I wouldn't hold my breath, but at least he's acknowledged Savage's existence. And, to be fair, we also have to consider the possibility that Savage simply has no interest in being in the WWE HOF. If he were to show up in TNA in 2010, like some are hoping and predicting, then I doubt Savage will find his way into the HOF anytime in the near future.

Ultimate Warrior: Personally, I hate the guy. I think he's one of the most overrated big names of the past 30 years. But, I can't deny that he was a big star and a big draw. However, it's highly doubtful that he'll ever find his way in. Warrior was an asshole backstage and has been known, on at least a few occassions, to basically extort money from Vince by threatening not to show up at major ppvs. However, what's ultimately going to keep him out is the fact that he and the WWE have been at each other's throats in one court case after another for many years now. Within the past 5 months or so, the Warrior's latest lawsuit against the WWE was thrown out by a judge. Warrior claimed that the WWE DVD release, The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior, was slander designed to cause him personal and professional harm. The case was thrown out by the judge because the Warrior himself has been telling anybody that'll listen to him about what a shithole the WWE is. He's run down the company, other wrestlers, Vince McMahon, etc. for a long time. Basically, the judge told him he couldn't sue the WWE for doing something that he himself has been doing to the WWE since his professional relationship with them ended nearly two decades ago. So, no, the Warrior won't be in the HOF anytime soon.

Jake Roberts: Jake Roberts was an interesting guy to watch. He was pretty good in the ring and gave dynamic promos. However, the guy is a junkie and has been forever. He badmouths the WWE constantly and has done so for a very long time. Recently, the WWE offered to pay for rehab for any wrestler that used to work for them. Roberts is the only one that took up the offer. When he got out of rehab, Roberts continued to go around badmouthing the company. So, I doubt Vince will make the offer to Roberts anytime soon.

On one hand, I understand that these guys did a lot for the WWF back in their day and do deserve some recognition. However, I can also understand Vince being bitter towards them for some of the things some of them have done and said about not just himself but the company itself.

Savage- randy not bein in the HOF is a disgrace. one of the TOP stars in the 80's & early 90's in the wwe who had so many classic matches w/ a number of stars.

Curt Hennig- another huge misque. this guy CARRIED the i.c. divison & one of the best technical wrestlers of alltime.

Ted Dibease- one of if not the best heels of the 80's. cannot understand why he hasnt been inducted by now.

Warrior- he's nuts, an egomaniac, and so on. but was the 2nd babyface to hogan for years. overrated or not, he left his unforgettable mark in wwe history, good or bad. just hold ur breath during his HOF speech & try not not to die.

Owen Hart- c'mon vince. c'mon. no one ever had a bad thing to say about the guy. great in the ring. (cept 4 breaking SC's neck) and literally gave his life for the buisness.

Leaping Lanny Paffo aka the Genius- just kidding..but hey koko got in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back