Hall Of Fame 2016

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I think with Wrestlemania 32 attempting to be the biggest of all time and them wanting to sell 100,000 tickets, a well supported HOF would certainly do them no harm whatsoever.

Easy question - who do you want/think will be placed in there? I think the below is a very worthy and very strong line up!

Sting (Headline)
His run with WWE is rumoured to come to an end around Mania 32 time and as a Texas resident I think it would be perfect too see him headline the class of 2016. Many will say the Undertaker is more fitting but I think he still has a few more Manias in him. Having him in the HOF and his retirement match the same year? Well I think that is putting your eggs in one basket and both should be separate events. Plus seeing Mark Calloway the night before we see the Undertaker is a little strange. A year apart not so much.

Christian (recent pro)
Recently retired and WWE usually send them into the HOF the year after they have finished up in the ring - more so if their career is cut short. Christians retirement went quietly under the radar so he deserves the HOF fanfare. I was never a massive fan but his career is HOF worthy, TLC matches alone.

The Hart Foundation (faction)
A lot of talk whether or not Owen Hart is HOF worthy, and recently there are a few in the industry asking why Davey Boy Smith isn't in there. The simple solution is throw them all in at once. Hart Foundation is a HOF worthy faction and will see Bret and Neidhart pick up the gongs for the three other departed superstars. I think with Owen's DVD project then we are not far off an induction.

Dutch Mantel (old pro)
Better known to a few as Zeb Colter, he had a great year run recently with Jack Swagger but he seems to have disappeared so it looks like his time on TV has come to an end. In the business for 5 decades amongst 5 promotions, would be a great addition.

Sable (Diva)
Sable put lots of eyes on WWF's product during the Monday Night Wars. Nielson ratings back up this claim. A nice way to keep Mr Lesnar happy as well, although maybe they could save this for when contract renewals are up in 2.5 years - or maybe they already did!

Muhammad Ali (Celebrity)
It doesn't look good on the health front for Ali so I think WWE need to do something quickly if they want him alive at the event. A more than worthy addition to the celebrity wing. If WWE decide not to go with Ali and would prefer to honour him when he has passed then I wouldn't be surprised to see them induct Floyd Mayweather. Like him or loathe him he is the biggest sporting name on the planet and as far as celebrities go, there probably isn't anyone else more deserving after what he achieved at Wrestlemania 24.

2016 HOF

Harlem Heat - Stevie Ray just signed a Legends deal. These guys were THE Team in WCW. Booker T gets a 2nd HOF ring.

Undertaker - I would have be the headliner because it's his home state and give him the dubious honor of being the first Active Competitor to be inducted.

Muhammed Ali - Definitley gotta get THE CHAMP in there before he passes.

LayCool - They had a really nice run in the Divas division.

Mr. Fudji - I know he and Toro Tanaka are in as a team. Not sure if Fudji is in as a manger. He's one of the LEGENDARY Managers in WWE History.

Ravishing Rick Rude - This guy had the LOOK, The gimmick and the Wrestling ability. It really is amazing that he wasn't a world champion. He was IC & US champion for WWE & WCW. The skit w/the Halloween Phantom was brilliant on WCW's part and stands the test of time.

With Mania in Texas it's always best to include some homers. I agree that Taker should wait a year or two. I see many things similar to above:

(Headliner)
Sting- Proof that a man's contributions to the sport can overrule what he did/didn't do in WWE. It will be interesting to see if they give him top nod when he goes in.

Christian- I think this would be a surprise to many but being a fan of his since day 1 thought his retirement should have been made a slightly bigger deal. Plus, you add the star power of having Edge induct him.

JBL- Love him or hate him he is HOF worthy, continues to be a part of the company and would surely share a few PG-questionable stories.

The Fabulous Freebirds- Let's end the rib on Michael Hayes and get them inducted in the state that they owned for several years. It's a great way to also acknowledge Terry Gordy's career and since you still have Michael and Jimmy Jam to speak what better time. Have Kevin Von Erich induct them.

Rick Rude- Long overdue but Texas seems an appropriate place if anywhere considering he was a WCCW champion and that is where he truly made a name for himself going to WWE shortly after that run.

Jaquelyn- She was rough, tough and didn't take anyone's shit. Solid performer, taught many of the girls how to work in the ring and was once named "Miss Texas"

(Warrior Award)
Jim Johnston- The guy behind so many peoples' entrance music and WWE scores for 30 years. I would honestly say John Cena for all his tireless charitable work but I know this award is reserved for non-competitors

(Celebrity)
Lawrence Taylor- He headlined WM, great or not it hasn't been done since (perhaps for good reason). He worked a 4 month program and actually did a decent job in the match. Plus, the thought of a 2-time SB champion NYG in the Cowboys' stadium accepting an award is quite ironic and funny

Honorable mentions...
Bam Bam Bigelow, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Dick Murdoch, Davey Boy (see a pattern here?)

Undertaker - I would have be the headliner because it's his home state and give him the dubious honor of being the first Active Competitor to be inducted.

Ric Flair was the first active competitor to be inducted.

On topic, if this is Taker's last Mania, then he gets the top spot. If not, then Sting.

Tag Team: British Bulldogs

Stable: THE FREEBIRDS! Can we finally get these guys in there?

Diva: Sable, for obvious reasons

I agree with an above poster that Muhammad Ali should be the celebrity before it's too late.

And if I could squeeze in one more, I'd personally put Cornette in the HOF.

Dammit , I forgot Koko B. Ware was in the Hall of Fame....laugh out loud. Might as well put Disco Inferno in there while their at it.

I agree with most of the above posters lists for Hall of Fame inductees. But I want to add one mention for myself. One of my favourite wrestlers of all time, the best big man in the business....

BIG VAN VADER -

The man , somewhere between 380 and 400 pounds most of the time....and he did moonsaults off the top rope. My favourite Vader moment is when he defeated Sting clean with a vicious powerbomb to capture the WCW Heavyweight Championship. He had three runs with that belt and a secondary belt. He also was successful in Japan when he wrestled there. His first WCW Belt win was probably his finest hour and a huge, unexpected win considering Sting was the H*lk Hogan of WCW at the time.

Another fond memory was his Gorilla Monsoon brawl in WWF. He was also the master of absolutely killing no names in the ring. You knew if you tuned in and saw Gregg Sawchuck in the ring with red trunks on then Van Vader came in with his giant black mask with hissing steam coming out of the shoulders that Gregg was in for a beating. His brawls with Stan Hansen were legendary ( for the sole reason that they traded REAL punches back and forth ) He was a larger than life , wrecking ball of a man that powerbombed Cactus Jack right on the concrete floor. He didn't get success in WWF that he should have IMO. They didn't put one lousy belt on the guy in WWF. Then he bowed out after losing to Bradshaw ....

....but I'm glad Koko B. Ware is in the hall, he deserves it so much more.

Bonus : Speaking of no name matches .....view La Parka vs Goldberg for probably the best Goldberg spear ever....epic.

I would like to see Demolition, Sable, Rick Rude, The Freebirds and The Undertaker who I have no doubt will retire after Wrestlemania this year.

For 2016, I would go with the following.

Demolition (Tag Team)

British Bulldogs (Tag Team)

Honky Tonk Man (Singles)

Lex Luger (Singles)

Sable (Woman)

Stone Cold (Headliner)

From how big this WM is:

Undertaker
Sting
Owen Hart
JBL
Jim Johnston (Warrior Award)
Sable
Freebirds
Floyd Mayweather

Sting (Headliner) It was a toss up between The Undertaker or him. The way Taker is right now and what looks like the beginning of his final run I see him having that run until the end of Mania. He's actually in alright shape so I don't know if he'll keep doing more Mainias or end it this year and go into the 2017 H.O.F

J.B.L (Secondary Headliner/announcer) I always felt he deserved a spot after 2 decades and a Texan.

Goldust/Dustin Runnels (singles mid carder) His work as Goldust was a huge part of the attitude era, another Texan and I can see him talk about his Dad inspiring him.

Slick (Manager) From the Ft Worth area, First African American manager, and quite the entertainer.

Rick Rude (posthumous) They did hint off that he should be going in.

Mark Cuban (Celebrity inductee) Had a program with Randy Orton when they were in Dallas a few years ago.

Demolition (Tag team) It's long awaited. I thought I heard something that they weren't on good terms with WwE but that was years ago and things could have been resolved.

Michelle McCool (Diva) or maybe Team Lay-Cool since layla recently retired.

Headliner: Sting
JBL
Owen Hart
Golddust
Fabulous Freebirds
Vader
Slick
Muhammad Ali
Sable
Jim Johnston (no Warrior award, he should just be in period.)

2016 HOF

Harlem Heat - Stevie Ray just signed a Legends deal. These guys were THE Team in WCW. Booker T gets a 2nd HOF ring.

If Booker T gets a second ring then its going to become to common of a thing and quickly start to water down the HOF. Cant wait for the day we can say HHH is 6 time HOFer

(Headline) Taker: Should definitely go in before Sting given his contributions to WWE.

Vader: One of the best big man ever. Should also get him in before he goes.

(Old School) Ivan Koloff: How is he not in yet? The man who ended Bruno's record reign as WWWF Champion. One of the better international talents of all time.

(Old School Alternate) The Sheik: If not Koloff, The Sheik is definitely HOF worthy. A heavyweight champion and a huge draw anywhere he went. Fought everyone from Lou Thesz to Andre the Giant.

(Tag Team) The Fabulous Freebirds: I think this is a given, given the location of Mania 32. It would be a huge mistake not to induct the Freebirds in Texas.

(International) Jushin Thunder Liger: Would be fitting seeing as he's competing for them at NXT Brooklyn. Also a guy who's well known by the North American audience.

(Woman) Sable: For obvious reasons.

Christian: They need some new blood in order to draw the casuals and Christian would be a good choice. Mostly because I can't think of anybody else to be honest.

Muhammad Ali: Very surprised he's not in yet... shocked quite frankly. Obviously couldn't give a speech but he should go in before he passes.

(Warrior Award) Jim Johnston: Cus everyone else seems to want him in...

(Headline) Taker: Should definitely go in before Sting given his contributions to WWE.

Vader: One of the best big man ever. Should also get him in before he goes.

(Old School) Ivan Koloff: How is he not in yet? The man who ended Bruno's record reign as WWWF Champion. One of the better international talents of all time.

(Old School Alternate) The Sheik: If not Koloff, The Sheik is definitely HOF worthy. A heavyweight champion and a huge draw anywhere he went. Fought everyone from Lou Thesz to Andre the Giant.

(Tag Team) The Fabulous Freebirds: I think this is a given, given the location of Mania 32. It would be a huge mistake not to induct the Freebirds in Texas.

(International) Jushin Thunder Liger: Would be fitting seeing as he's competing for them at NXT Brooklyn. Also a guy who's well known by the North American audience.

(Woman) Sable: For obvious reasons.

Christian: They need some new blood in order to draw the casuals and Christian would be a good choice. Mostly because I can't think of anybody else to be honest.

Muhammad Ali: Very surprised he's not in yet... shocked quite frankly. Obviously couldn't give a speech but he should go in before he passes.

(Warrior Award) Jim Johnston: Cus everyone else seems to want him in...

The Sheik was inducted in 2007, your other picks are p good though. Undertaker might never want to go in. I know Vince is very similar in that regard, too. Also, maybe Taker wants to wait until after he's sure that he's done before he goes in. The big problem with him retiring is it will probably be the last we see of him period. Does he accept the nomination as Mark Calaway or does he do it in character?

From how big this WM is:

Undertaker
Sting
Owen Hart
JBL
Jim Johnston (Warrior Award)
Sable
Freebirds
Floyd Mayweather

That would be perfect, although it does bother me that Sting wouldn't be the headliner if Undertaker was going in at the same time. Maybe have Sting go in as the main guy in 2017, and replace him with someone like Vader in this year's class?

Also, another poster mentioned Jushin Liger as the "international entrant"...that would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back