• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gunner is the *NEW* TNA Television Champion

I don't know if this has been mentioned. Gunner was the world heavy weight champion at whatever promotion he was at before, before he signed full time to be with TNA. no idea the competition at that other promotion, just saying.

is TNA explosion on TV? if so maybe this "TV" title should be defended on there as well as Impact.

personally I think Gunner and Murphy as pretty useless in Immortal. they aren't well established wrestlers that should be in the top heel group. if TNA was to want to get Gunner/Murphy out of Immortal, maybe one way to do that. Bischoff clearly set up the 3 way with 3 members of Immortal. maybe Gunner can lose the TV title in his first defense against whoever(doesn't matter who). that can upset Bischoff to where Bischoff is yelling at Gunner and calling him names. this will upset Gunner to the point where he will finally hit Bischoff. that would then make the rest of Immortal to attack on Gunner, except for Murphy who can help his tag team partner. this would be a way of getting Gunner and Murphy out of Immortal without crushing them. then Gunner and Murphy can be a face tag team.
just an idea.

The guys holding the TV title in TNA should be the kind of young guys who have that main event potential who've yet to really deserve that spot — guys like Crimson, Desmond Wolfe, Pope, Magnus, Williams, etc. It should be used as a mid-card to upper mid-card championship that allows those guys to get a taste of what holding a championship is like while helping to build their credibility as eventual big-name players.

My question is to the people who keep bringing up Crimson. Why would he have been a better choice??

From the information I can gather, pre-TNA Gunner had a much more decorated and experienced indy career than Crimson. As far as in TNA, both have been on the roster about the same length of time and have had comparable TV exposure. Does Crimson have potential and a good look? No doubt. But the same could be said for Gunner. He looked especially promising upon finishing the match and getting his first small opportunity to showcase a little bit of individual personality. Just that small flash was intriguing enough to atleast make me interested in how they build him and let this play out.

My reaction upon reading the spoilers was the same as most of you, but I was actually interested in Gunner for the first time after this match due to how he looked claiming the title. Was he ready for this type of accomplishment? Surely not, but if they were gonna put it on a young relatively unproven commodity for the sake of building him, then Gunner seems to be arguably the best choice- even over Crimson(mostly due to the cuurent state of the title picture, and how its dominated by baby-faces).

the impression from fans for Crimson and Gunner has been heavily in favor of Crimson. he came in and has gotten a lot of momentum.
first the "little" brother of Amazing Red in an MMA exhibition with Jeff Jarrett, then being the one to attack on members of Immortal/Fortune saying THEY are coming, and then being the one to take out Abyss.
Gunner started out in TNA (with Murphy) as security. didn't really build up Gunner by doing that.

Originally Posted by UltimateHitman
What they should have done was leave Terry or Murphy out and inserted Crimson and given it to him. Then actually build some feuds and storylines around that and try to give it some relevance again.

I agree with you, that Crimson would have been a good choice to insert into the match (either by making it a four-way, or replacing one of them with Crimson). However, from a storyline POV, it really doesn't make any sense. Obviously, from a storyline perspective, Immortal wanted the belt to end up around the waist of one of their own. I don't know why they haven't done something like this before (having their own guys be the only ones to fight for titles) since they're the ones in charge.

Even if Crimson was inserted into that match, I still wouldn't have had him win it. I like the idea of having the title on someone like Gunner, since he's a fresh face in the title scene...even if it is just the TV title. Gunner is a guy who's "hungry", and will probably be able to defend the title every week (whether or not he does, is up to creative I suppose). Unlike Rob Terry, I think the TV Title will actually help elevate his character, and possibly Murphy's as well (if TNA creative wrote the storylines correctly).

A possible feud between Gunner & Crimson could be money...and if done correctly, could actually do wonders for the elevation of TNA's TV Title (and both Gunner and Crimson's characters). A classic "face chasing the belt" (with Crimson playing the face) storyline would work EXTREMELY well for both characters (Crimson & Gunner), and also help elevate the value of the TV title...I mean, let's face facts: The TV Title is about as low as you can go in the wrestling world right now, as far as titles go. The thing is completely useless, and holds no water whatsoever.

Unfortunately, with TNA Creative's history of underwhelming mid-card feuds (and main-event feuds for that matter), a program that helps all those involved (including the title itself) is most likely NOT what we're going to get.

All I'm saying is that there is quite a lot of potential for mid-card glory for Gunner here, if done correctly. It's really too bad that TNA doesn't seem to give a shit about this title or the mid-card in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back