Guilty Pleasures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't consider "Let's Dance" a guilty pleasure. It's a solid song. Besides, with Stevie Ray Vaughn playing guitar for it, it already has the kind of street cred you can't buy.

David Bowie? I could never stand him and I believe he's just an awful singer. Any guilty music pleasures? Hmm, I'd say that probably someone like Cat Stevens is too old for others but I like his music. A former guilty pleasure was that I liked Linkin Park, Nickelback and Eminem. That makes me embarassed just thinking about that.

If there is anyone on this site who listens to that Crazy Frog or whatever, I'm going to hunt you down, kick you in the stomach and force you to listen to every last 'song' that was made by it, OVER AND OVER so you know what it's like for the rest of the civilised people who have to put up with it on those ringtone ads. Seriously, if I ever listen to Crazy Frog on my own free will, someone shoot me.

The Numa Numa Song by Ozone, I guess its not really a guilty pleasure... until I start dancing like the Fat Dutch Kid (who is actually American).

i have to agree with D.C., no matter how painful it maybe....but i agree with almost everyone...i'm going with Davide Bowie...but the song i would consider a "Guilty Pleasure" would i guess would have to be Van Halen- Jump or Queen-Don't Stop me now...i like all kinds of music along with other people...but i guess those would probably be the 2 i'd have to pick...

My guiltiest pleasure by far....is Blink 182. By all means I should hate this band with a passion considering my taste for hardcore punk bands such as Minor Threat, Aus Rotten, Discharge, Conflict, Toxic Narcotic etc. But I can never shake off that damn Blink 182. I confess I still love all of their albums dearly. Part of it probably has to do with the fact that I fell in love with the band back in my middle school days and they were my first real favorite band.

Go on now, make fun of me and destroy what may remain of my streed cred.

X, I actually really like Blink, and I respect them to a certain point. They made that one immature album to get popular, but then they became really mature by their last album album (and their older stuff is just classic punk).

What the members from that band have become now? A rotating door to random flavor of the month pop-punk bands? I don't respect that at all... +44, Angels & Airwaves, Boxcar Racer, whatever... it all sounds the same... why don't they just get back together as flippin blink 182!??!

theres nothing wrong with Blink...i personally like their older stuff...because it was random, funny, and some times never making much sense, as far as +44 and A&A...i like them both but the more and more i think about it Prax is right...they do sound the same...scary

Yeah I always thought Blink was just criminally underrated. Critics never give 'em any respect. People just thought they were about being funny, rude, obnoxious and immature but honestly they had so much heart in what they did. Some of their songs are simply beautiful, such as "I Miss You", "Carousel", "Josie", and "I'm Sorry" among others. People never give 'em any respect and it always just irks me. It all goes back to that damn song All the Small Things. God damn I hate that song so much.

Ah well, yes that is my guiltiest pleasure. Well that and cheap liquor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back