Guilty Pleasures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
When it comes to music what Guilty pleasures do you have when you have choices of songs.

These are three of mine, there are more.
Barry Manilow-Copacabana
Europe- The Final Countdown
David Bowie- Lets Dance

I'm liking this Candian Crippler guy, indeed David Bowie does rock. Guilty pleasures for me would probably be girl groups, I love all kinds of music and that includes all girl bands, and yet if any of my friends see me say listening to Pretty Girls Make Graves or the B-52s they think I'm like a pussy or something. Stupid people.

Thanks xfearbefore, and I have never seen the sandman that young before. Never seen old footage sadly! But I guess a guilty pleasure.....shit....I like all music, but sadly and shyly i'd have to say enrique iglesias, but that was a long time ago, so I don't really know what it would be now, but that's what it USE to be lol

As for David Bowie Rocking, yes he does but, that song is something people usually won't admit to liking. Those are Guilty pleasure songs. Stuff that is embarassing to listen to in Public but if you are by yourself you will crank out.

The Final Countdown is awesome. Not a good entrance theme though.

I actually like load's of pop. Fortunatley nobody knows about it so my mates can't take the piss. Ozone are my personal favourite.

Oh man... I got a couple of those, lol...

Bowie would probably go on the list.
Weird Al would to. It's fun to listen to but a little sad when you put it on your Ipod.
Foreigner... I'm a sap for the power ballad/love songs (from any band).

Also... the Gwen Stefani song where she yells YIHOOOOOOO and that Avril Lavigne song about her boyfriend have grown on me.

I don't know how anyone considers Bowie a guilty pleasure. He's an icon. I'm not a fan but he's far too famous to be considered a guilty pleasure. Some of his songs are ok as well.

It's just kinda girly... dunno why I consider him a guilty pleasure either now that I think about it, lol.

My classic rock station plays him all the time, so I guess not?

Well now that I think of it, he had that one sissy album "Let's Dance" or whatever it was, maybe that's tainting people's image of him?

I have to admit that Britney Spears is my guilty pleasure. I actually own her Greatest Hits CD and I actually play it from time to time. Even the shaved head, marriage to K-Fed, etc., etc. doesn't really phase me- I still love her. Just don't tell anybody....

I listen to a lot of Black Metal and Extreme metal, but I also enjoy Industrial Techno, Trance, and Electronica. I have bands like Eiffel 65, ATC, Alice Deejay, Ace of Base, and Ian Vahn Dahl. I also listen to Velvet Acid Christ and Funker Vogt. Its very uncharacteristic of me when you look at some off my other favorites like Death, Suffocation, Vader, Morbid Angel, Kreator, and Emperor

I just thought of a specific song...

"Here I go Again" by Whitesnake.

One of the best power ballads ever, but kinda sappy and love songy. It's actually my ringtone.

I just thought of a specific song...

"Here I go Again" by Whitesnake.

One of the best power ballads ever, but kinda sappy and love songy. It's actually my ringtone.

I love that song ,its a classic
My guilty pleasure is the hairbands/glamrock from the 80s

I have to admit that Britney Spears is my guilty pleasure. I actually own her Greatest Hits CD and I actually play it from time to time. Even the shaved head, marriage to K-Fed, etc., etc. doesn't really phase me- I still love her. Just don't tell anybody....

No. No. No. RVDgurl. It's Christina all the way. Britney wasn't even hot with hair and her music is pants. I do like Born To Make You Happy though. Absolute classic.

I thought of another song... the list just keeps piling on, lol.

"Across 110th Street" by Bobby Womack.

It's like this bad 70s disco song, but it was the theme song to the most kickass movie ever, Jackie Brown, so I have it on my computer. But it's pretty sad.

One more that just came on...

"Heat of the Moment" by Asia.

That's right.

I Want To Know What Love Is-Foreigner.

I love power ballads. Shit that you can sing to in the car and look like a complete dick.

Jake, I absolutely love that song. Back when i used to work in fast food we would all sing it in the back while washing dishes. Good times.

High five. Please make my day and say you like a bit of Roxette as well. Listen To Your Heart is amazing. I don't cry when I hear it or anything though.

I'll tell you I like a little bit of Roxette just to make your day.

But it's a lie. I've never actually heard them :p

I'll do it tomorrow. It is 3:30 in the morning. I don't want to wake my daughter up with something that I can tell I'm going to want to rock out too.

For the record they're a joke band. They're stuff is completely and utterly ridiculous.

Start with the song Prostitute Song. You won't regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back