Gridiron Wars Podcast Week 1

You should have listened to NorCal. The Giants are going to pull a rabbit out of a hat on Sunday, and win that game. It'll be ugly. It always is. I don't recall an early season (Weeks 1-3) match-up between the two where both teams didn't score 30+, but they'll manage a win.

You should have listened to NorCal. The Giants are going to pull a rabbit out of a hat on Sunday, and win that game. It'll be ugly. It always is. I don't recall an early season (Weeks 1-3) match-up between the two where both teams didn't score 30+, but they'll manage a win.

That South Carolina sun has started to fry your brain.

That South Carolina sun has started to fry your brain.

It's possible.

I know the defense looks like Swiss cheese, but we've had defenses that looked worse going into the season, and stuck in the middle of the pack at the end. If we can keep our defense in that 12-18 range, we should be fine.

I have more faith in the offensive line than I probably should though. Barring any injuries, there's no reason to think they won't keep Eli in one piece. He has enough weapons that he should get rid of the ball quickly enough.

I'm listening.

I feel like a full blown profile bet should go down for this since it is Cowboys and Giants.

Winner decides the losers user name, sig, avatar, and user title.

Now are we going to go by the betting lines or just a straight up winning team decides it?

Straight up winning. The betting lines thing always makes my head hurt. "You didn't win by enough so you lose!" Doesn't sound right.

Straight up winning. The betting lines thing always makes my head hurt. "You didn't win by enough so you lose!" Doesn't sound right.

Fair enough, otherwise you'd be good with the terms? We just need NSL to accept then.

Барбоса;5287979 said:
Is this another podcast that wants a seemingly out of place edition on Ancient History?

Perhaps, though I believe Norcal may hunt me down and kill me so you come back onto his show first.

Fair enough, otherwise you'd be good with the terms? We just need NSL to accept then.

Perhaps, though I believe Norcal may hunt me down and kill me so you come back onto his show first.

Let's make it just a name bet. The lack of my blue avatar would confuse me.

Барбоса;5287995 said:
Get it to happen during the podcast and you have gold.

Speaking of which, we each have another 6 weeks worth of research available to us before the next one, so that at least is a positive

I fail to see the pay-off for me here. Win or lose, he has the power to change my name to anything he wants at any time.

After tonight, I won't be on again until Saturday night. If you can give me until then to think of a good "name", then I'll accept.

I think I'll let Ty pick the names actually.

I can agree with that then.

How long will this last? Until the next Giants/Cowboys game? Or just one week? I propose it sticks until the loser's team wins a game, whether it's Week 2 or Week 12.

I think I'll let Ty pick the names actually.

Excellent. I shall begin the creative process.

I can agree with that then.

How long will this last? Until the next Giants/Cowboys game? Or just one week? I propose it sticks until the loser's team wins a game, whether it's Week 2 or Week 12.

I'd say the next Giants/Cowboys game which is October 25th, a little over a month. Just enough for a lasting ramification.

I'd say the next Giants/Cowboys game which is October 25th, a little over a month. Just enough for a lasting ramification.

I can go with that. I'm a little surprised the next game is that soon. I'm used to them playing in the first 3 weeks, and the last 3-4.

Also, why is it that it seems every year the Giants have the Panthers and Vikings in the final month? I thought the league had the set scheduling to avoid this sort of thing? It's a little strange that they're always finishing in the same spot, creating this yearly match-up.

Well that was fun. I was this close to deciding a name for KB, which excited and scared me equally at the same time.

However, NSL, as I've told you already, your user name until the next Giants/Cowboys game is going to be Jerry Jones Is My Sugar Daddy.

We could have won that by 20 but we got lucky because Manning didn't do the smartest thing at the end of the game. I don't consider it stupid because he didn't want to lose yards, but there were better options.

We could have won that by 20 but we got lucky because Manning didn't do the smartest thing at the end of the game. I don't consider it stupid because he didn't want to lose yards, but there were better options.

I only watched until it was 16-6. When I got to work, I put on the GameCast, and it was 23-20, and the Giants were about to kick the FG.

I have no idea what happened there, or even after, other than seeing the plays show up on the GameCast, but I'd have gone for the TD there. If you get it, the game's over. If you don't, Dallas has to go 90+ yards. Make them earn it. The defense seemingly gave up big plays at will, knowing they couldn't. I don't get it. I'll have to see the highlights tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back