• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Green Day News! (For Those Who Care)

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Right, so rumour had it that Green Day were releasing a new album around September/October time, but that is not the case! From the Twitter of Billie Joe Armstrong himself;

Ok. Here's the deal. We're making a 3 album trilogy. Not 1. Not 2. But 3 albums. Called ¡UNO! ¡DOS! ¡TRE! Coming September November January

There's a video that goes along with it in another Tweet (@bjaofficial), but I like this idea. I would assume that like American Idiot & 21st Century Breakdown, it'll be a story. But a big one that lasts three albums. Or maybe 3 separate stories. Maybe one of the albums will be a cop-out & be something recorded at a live show. Who knows?! All I know is I'm looking forward to it.

Any thoughts?

As long as there are 14 year old girls there will be Green Day.

Green Day is awesome!

If you're in middle school. Though Dookie and Nimrod have some replayability.

I love some of their earlier albums, I think International superhits is a great compilation of some of their best stuff. I didn't like American Idiot though.

Say what you will about Green Day, they still put on an amazing live show. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

Say what you will about Green Day, they still put on an amazing live show. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

This.

I love some of their earlier albums, I think International superhits is a great compilation of some of their best stuff. I didn't like American Idiot though.

Totally agree there. They've said that this new stuff is NOTHING like the past two albums. Maybe a revisit of old GD?

I remember when Green Day was still good. Not that they don't have catchy songs still. But the fact that they are a bunch of pretentious pricks really deters me from listening to their stuff on any sort of a regular basis.

Lol, Green Day. Maybe this would excite me if their last two albums weren't both so fucking terrible. Sad, I used to love this band.

I liked American Idiot, I cared for some of their stuff before it but had forgot about them after American Idiot. Never heard anything from their last album, might not listen to these ones either.

American Idiot was the first Green Day album I ever lsitened to (I was 13/14) some time later I bought International Superhits. I've barely listened to American Idiot since (although I still like it). The new one was ok I guess, it just didn't excite me as much (although my sister loves it)

I really have enjoyed watching to and listening to Green Day grow and change over their career. I started listening to them when Dookie came out - and have since tried to listen to everything before and after that.

Each album seems to have been an honest desire to talk about - or simply play - how they were feeling. Shenanigans Is a perfect example of just wanting to do something different. Warning was such a different style to Nimrod and Dookie.

And frankly, thank god they didn't try and sing the same kind if s*** from Dookie. 40 year olds singing about *********ion and pot smoking would come off more try hard than impressive/funny.

In short, I think Green Day are fantastic and desire huge credit for staying relevant and not being afraid to change and experiment. Bring on a trilogy!!! Gonna be great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back