Greatest WM Title Match of ALL TIME!!!

Difficult question imo, i would say out of a choice of my top five i would have to go with The Rock vs Stone Cold Mania 17. The two icons of the company at that time, i was hooked on the whole storyline and anticipated this match more than any ever (been watching since Mania 3) That video package with Limp Bizkit's 'My Way' beforehand couldnt have been done better, you just knew watching it live that you were about to witness history. The match delivered on a higher level than even i thought it would and at the time featured one of the best shocking heel turns in memory at that point, although i believe all parties involved regret the turn in heinsight. The 2 counts in the match made me jump out of my seat and Austin's reaction to these 2 counts was a masterpiece in pro wrestling story-telling. The use of the chair had never been done in that manner so repeatadly (besides the rock himself vs mick foley at rumble 99). Only downside which i picked up on whilst watching it live was Heyman's repeated "what are we witnessing" comments before the actual swerve between Austin & Vince had taken full affect. Maybe he was too excited i don't know but it was still a great shocking heel turn and fantastic match overall. btw 2nd place: HHH vs Taker same event, oh wait, silly me that wasn't a title match, how stupid do i look?!

I gotta go with WM XV Stone Cold vs. The Rock NO DQ. This one sticks out in my heart cause I had just started watching wrestling and this was the first WM that I had ever seen. Plus I believe the multiple Rock Bottoms and Stone Cold Stunners was amazing!

It is so hard to pick, WrestleMania has seen some of the greatest title matches in the history of sports entertainment. Since I had to pick I will say it was the Ironman Match from WrestleMania XII for the WWE Championship. Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart truly put on a classic that night and left a great piece of WWE history in Anahiem that night.

Honorable Mentions:
WrestleMania III - Intercontinental Championship
Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat

WrestleMania VI - Title vs Title
Hulk Hogan vs The Ultimate Warrior

WrestleMania X-Seven - WWE Championship
The Rock vs Steve Austin

WrestleMania XIX - WWE Championship
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar

WrestleMania 22 - WWE Championship
John Cena vs Triple H
(this match suprised me)

The match that had the hype, that had the best storyline and the best promo to enter that match deserves to be called the #1 WWF Title match at Wrestlemania and that was The Rock vs Stone Cold at WM 17.

The two biggest stars fighting for the top prize. Both men need to win the match. Both men will do whatever it takes to win the championship. Both said it during their pre match promos but in the end, Austin sells his soul to the devil himself to become champion.

Nobody saw that coming which ended the greatest Wrestlemania of all time.

My Top 5 (World) Title Matches Are:

5) Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage - Wrestlemania VIII
4) Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - Wrestlemania V
3) The Rock vs. Steve Austin - Wrestlemania X-7
2) John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania XXIII

And...

1) Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - Wrestlemania XX
-The match which had one of the best wrestlers ever reach his boyhood dream, Chris Benoit. It had former best friends fight against each other and one man who lasted a whole hour in the Royal Rumble just to get there. Let's not forget to mention that the action inside of the ring wasn't too shabby either, and Benoit making Triple H tap out in the middle of the ring was the perfect ending to that Wrestlemania, and is my Greatest Title Match.

Just because it was a great feud which led into a great match: WM 3- Steamboat vs. Savage. Not to mention my favorite wrestler all-time is Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back