• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greatest two man power-trip

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
Over the years in the WWE we often see two main eventers join forces as a tag team. We don't see that too often anymore during the wake of the WWE-PG era. The last team in this wrestling era in the WWE was the JeriShow (Chris Jericho & Big Show). Two main event wrestlers paired up as a tag team and walk around with the (unified) tag team championships. And still competed in a triple threat match against the Undertaker for his World Heavyweight Championship. But both have since went their own way.

Now my question is, who was the grestest two man power-trip in the WWE? We can mark it down on a list of canidates? Must I mind you that the wrestlers have had to be former tag team champions...

-Stone Cold & Triple H: 2001 (Alliened with Mr. McMahon)
-Rated-RKO (Edge & Randy Orton): 2006-7
-The Undertaker & The Big Show: 1999 (Managed by Paul Bearer)
-Kane & Mankind (Mick Foley): 1998 (Managed by Paul Bearer)

And we can add Chris Jericho & The Big Show to that list. What do you think?

Rated RKO was a great one. The Unholy Alliance wasn't as amazing as it could have been, and Kane and Mankind really don't belong in this section- a two-man power trip always has EGO involved.

When it comes down to it, you've got to either go with the original Two Man Power Trip or Rated RKO. Austin and Triple H held ALL the gold at one point, which really leads to them being the greatest. People usually say that the greatest ones are the originals, and this one definetly goes along with.

Stone Cold and Triple H- The Two Man Power Trip.

Austin and HHH were probably the most dominate duo ever on air they had all the titles and Mr. McMahon in their back pocket. However You can't forget DX HBK and HHH who held the belts early this year they may not of been heels, but no one has more ego or political power than them.

Definitely Austin and The Game. I enjoyed Rated RKO more and wish they went further, but the original is the best. I think they should recreate it using a Heel Cena in the place of Stone Cold.

I'd say Rated-RKO i mean they were great they gave DX a hard time , i don't see it any other way sure Randy and Edge are now rivals and can't stand each other but they worked together , but if u count Austin and Triple H you wouldn't want to beleive it i mean SCSA and Triple H working together to me its just not right

Of your list, I'd say HHH & Austin. As someone else mentioned, you can't forget DX from earlier this year. But, you left one important team off your list-the Rock & Sock connection! They were 3 time tag champions, and individually they held just about every title possible. I don't know that they would be better than HHH & Austin, but they'd certainly be in the discussion. You could also include the Brothers of Destruction, although I don't know if Kane would be considered a main event guy. But they were the 1st unified tag champions.

I think it has to be HHH and Austin the real two man power trip, they were so dominant holding all the belts at Backlash in 2001. It is a shame HHH got injured as I would have liked to see this alliance go on a lot longer.

Without a doubt, it has to be Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H. The night after WrestleMania they took out The Rock, then at Backlash they beat the Undertaker & Kane for the Tag-team titles, maybe if Triple H didn't tear his quad we could've seen them go against the alliance in the invasion storyline in 2001

Gotta be Austin and HHH.

Mainly because it was the first time in a while we had seen two major heels like that work together and become such a dou. They were violent and just dominated everything.

My runner up would be Heyman and Lesner. Now this may have been a manager-wrestler dou but Heyman was more than that, he was such a personality that he seemed more like the mastermind bringing this destruction on the WWE.

without doubt its hogan and savage - the mega powers, biggest 'main event tag team' ever

That definately was a team of Star Power Main Eventers but they never won a championship, Savage was WWE Champ at the time and Hogan was only wrestling part time. Hogan also teamed with Ric Flair on Monday Nitro, defeating Sting & Lex Luger no less, but there were no titles involved.

Austin & HHH from 2001 was probably the biggest for this thread, especially since they had a long history of hating each other prior to that. Rated RKO was very good in more recent times.

i think some win for different reasons.

the mega powers was huge, but since it requires them to win a championship they are disqualified. but if that wasnt a requirement then them hands down. it had the longest and one of the most involved storyling, and it hadnt been done before.

in terms of accomplishments, id say hhh austin. they won all the gold and were plain dominate. if hhh didnt tear his quad, it would have been a huge storyling. they took out their main obstacle, the rock, and went on to dominate most everything.

lastly, in terms of how long and what they did, id go with jerishow. jerishow held the titles for a long time and were on pretty much every show. hell, they headlined a ppv for tag gold, admittingly with dx.

if i had to choose one id say hhh austin. i remember watching as a kid and wanting the rock to take back his title. once hhh turned and they took out the rock i thought nothing would stop them. and nothing probably would have if it wasnt for hhh's quad. (and this is coming from someone who never like austin)

I would have to go with the "Two Dudes With Attitude"-Shawn Michaels and Diesel

A day before SummerSlam 1994, HBK and Diesel teamed up to take on The Headshrinkers (Samu and Fatu) for the WWF Tag Team Championship, which they won.
The tag team of Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash competed in the World Wrestling Federation between 1993 and 1995.
Any decent storyline being offered by the WWF at this time involved either one or both of these wrestlers. They were also a "two man power trip" behind the scene and politically when it came to the business. When they broke kayfabe at MSG, it was the precursor to the NWO and DX.

While I loved the Brothers of Destruction and just how awesome Taker and Kane were together (they have brilliant in-ring chemistry whether fighting against or with each other) but I would have to say the original Two Man Power Trip - Austin and HHH.
With Vinnie Mac as well they the perfect manager.

The Original and ONLY Two Man Power Trip-Stone Cold Steve Ausin and Triple H. I understand what you mean though about other teams being two men power trips however. But at this time there was no doubt Austin and Triple H were THE two biggest things in the WWE at this time. They were literally unstoppable. They were beating the likes of the Hardy's and the Brother's of Destruction at the time which were two of the best tag teams at that period. They were winning championships left and right. They held the Tag Team Championships, Intercontintal Championship, and WWE Championship which has yet to be done today. Not even by DX. I understand saying DX too but DX hardly defended the Titles when they had them. Shawn Michaels was off doing his own thing with the Undertaker while they had the titles.

So vote for Austin/Triple H.

Although short lived, The HBK/Austin tag team was intense and driven by a common hatred of the Hart's and their ego's pushing them to outdo one another. They also put on one hell of a match at KOTR when they were tag champs, it was far superior to their Wrestlemania clash for the strap. I would have loved to have seen where this story went if Shawn had not got injured and replaced by Dudelove.

now hold on a sec imust agree austin and the game are no doubt the best two man duo in the wwe history but I can think of 2 big teams left out and thats stone cold and hbk from 96 I do believe and what about cena and batista sure they had a short rain but what if vince would have ran with that idea could they have been better then austin and the game

The Original and ONLY Two Man Power Trip-Stone Cold Steve Ausin and Triple H. I understand what you mean though about other teams being two men power trips however. But at this time there was no doubt Austin and Triple H were THE two biggest things in the WWE at this time. They were literally unstoppable. They were beating the likes of the Hardy's and the Brother's of Destruction at the time which were two of the best tag teams at that period. They were winning championships left and right. They held the Tag Team Championships, Intercontintal Championship, and WWE Championship which has yet to be done today. Not even by DX. I understand saying DX too but DX hardly defended the Titles when they had them. Shawn Michaels was off doing his own thing with the Undertaker while they had the titles.

So vote for Austin/Triple H.

While that power trip was the best, the original team that held all the gold at once was Micheals and Nash/Diesel seeing Nash held the wwf, Ic, and was 1 half of the tag titles w/ Michaels holding the other tag title. But I will chose Austin and HHH. Those two took the wrestling world by Storm making Austin a full-fleged heel they orginally wanted him to be. It's a shame HHH got injured, but they continues his heel run in the alliance storyline.

Wow, why were The Mega Powers not included (Hogan & Savage)

Anyway HHH & Austin get the nod from me, more edgy though in 2nd place would come Hogan & Savage imo

Stone Cold & HHH had Vince in their back pocket so that right there says it all for why they are better than the rest

Rated RKO makes the top three though as well

The original two-man power trip of Stone Cold and Triple H was the greatest of all, no question about it. They turned the Brothers of Destruction into their bitches, their own personal little whippin' boys. `Nuff said!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back