• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greatest Heel in the last 10 years?

Seriously to add another name to the mix.. Not the greatest but deserves a mention

Batista!

I hated his character for years but with his "spotlight" heel turn, attacking Rey Jr. and actually producing quality promos I thought he was at the best of career

HHH for me, even although he may have arguably spent more time as a face than a heel, the times that he was a heel he was so effective and so convincing.

Chris Jericho may have won it for me, but after dancing in the stars, he has lost all his credibility lol.

The only other person I would mention would be Vince McMahon himself. He is such a good heel and can really wind people up, a super under-rated talent in himself I think.

HHH for sure. Whenever he was heel i hated the fuck out of him. I hated him so much i wanted to die. I remember years ago during thE attitude era, i watching smackdown and Rocky was getting beat up by HHH and i was shouting at the tv in anger.

But as years went by i started to like him. I started to appriciate his work as a heel. And thats how he became my favourite wrestler.

Not only is he the best heel of the last 10 years, IMO he is the best heel of all time.

I'm sort of surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, though to be fair it was brief, but non the less memorable. Of course I'm referring to The Rock's Hollywood Heel run during 2003. Think about this, in the span of three month's he did programs with Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, and Goldberg. Week in and week out he gave 5 star promo's like it was nothing. I refer you all to what in my opinion might be the greatest promo of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZPOq90fZRI

He was massively booed three separate times and still had the crowd in the palm of his hand. How about his via satellite promo's with Hogan? Rock-A-Jabroney? Classic! His Rock Concerts? Owning the Hamburgler (Hurricane)? Bringing back Gilberg?

I mean come on, I don't think I have enjoyed wrestling as much since this.

Based purely on being a heel, I say JBL.

I was never a big fan of his matches, but on the mic, no one can hold a candle to him.

He was so hated the fans booed him upon his return a few weeks ago, which you don't see often.

I think Randy Orton. He's a good face, but an even better heel! Randy Orton attacked women, he did anything and everything to make himself look as evil as possible. He feuded with some of the biggest faces and won, making him look even worse. Then when he brought in Rhodes and DiBiase, he just built himself up more and more. Randy Orton is the greatest heel I've ever seen

I'd say Edge. After over 4 years of being a heel, you really got the feeling that there was no end in sight. He didn't do like Triple H where he would be heel for a year and then the next year take a break and then return as face. Edge was strictly a main eventer heel for over 4 years.

Mark Henry gets my vote as the guy most wrongfully abused as a heel by any wrestling franchise. He would get booed as an insignificant heel/jobber for over 10 years with his only real significance being a fued with Undertaker that ended bad for him and an ECW championship which amounted to nothing but him being a stale/unimportant face-turn BELOW the likes of R-Truth. lol

I suppose it would have to be Triple H. He was the top heel for years in that time frame and he sure was hated.

JBL also comes to mind. His wrestling skills may have been bland, but his character was exceptional. He had a long run as champion, too, and drew a ton of heat.

As does Edge. One of the main stays of the company and something solid they could always fall back on. He carried the Smackdown brand for a long time. His longevity on top actually puts him before JBL.

Honorable mention #1: Chris Jericho. After he reinvented himself and started feuding with Shawn Michaels, for a time what they had was magic. It catapulted Jericho at long last to that level everyone always felt Jericho had in him but never quite reached until then. And then Jericho did the impossible: He and Big Show made the tag team title MEAN SOMETHING. As soon as they dropped the titles they meant nothing again. It was all Jericho. Awesome heel, one of the all time greats.

Honorable mention #2: Vickie Guerrero. I can only imagine that Eddie must be proud of her. The most hated heel in the company. More heat than Michael Cole, more heat than the Miz, more than Punk, Del Rio, Sheamus or Barrett. Not bad for someone who was never meant to be a performer. If she was a dude, she would have been champion multiple times by now.

I'm gonna jump on the Triple H bandwagon as well. He was great in 1999-2001 with the McMahon-Helmsley faction, and he was great and dominant in Evolution.

uhhhhhhhhhh thats a hard one i mean we have HHH's heel run (great), randy orton (awesome heel), CM punk(when he sang happy bday to rey mysterio's daughter that just SCREAMED HEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!), and lets no forget the miz(already great up and coming heel i mean the promo with the peoples elbow and attacking cena showed miz is with the big boys now and is climbing to the top of the mountain). but i hav to go with .................................randy orton, i mean when he started using that punt he became a huge heel and the whole HHH Mcmahon and orton war thing great!!!! and when he had the undertaker feud was pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back