Great Songs The General Public Doesn't Know About

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scalizi

Got a song or album you like that the mainstream hasn't picked up on? An old school favorite maybe people have forgotten? Post your songs here and spread the word.

Cella Dwellas-"Advance to Boardwalk" (great concept song...these dudes rap all the way around the monopoly board)

Saigon-"L.O.V.E." (a humorous look at falling in love)

KRS-ONE-"I Can't Wake Up" (KRS dreams he is a blunt being passed around the room)

I don't know if these songs were mainstream, I think they are just older songs but I like these songs:

Tonic-When she says she loves me
and.....
Blurr-Songs 2

^^^ Everyone knows about blur song 2 lol that was one mad ass song by blur

I got a couple that many wouldnt know that much about

Spineshank - The height of Callousness
Adema - Self Titled
Offspring - Ignition
Soil - Scars

Do they?? My friends never heard of that song. But thats because they listen to rap shit!

yeah...I don't even listen to much rock and i know about song two..."wooo, hooo"

I can't really think of songs, but i can really think of artist

Atmosphere
Aesop Rock
Saigon
Little Brother
RJD2 (Producer)
Papoose
Immortal Technique
Ill Bill

Basically alot of underground artist

For rock, i can't really think of any.

Hazard said:
I can't really think of songs, but i can really think of artist

Atmosphere
Aesop Rock
Saigon
Little Brother
RJD2 (Producer)
Papoose
Immortal Technique
Ill Bill

Basically alot of underground artist

For rock, i can't really think of any.

yeah all good underground artists...I'd add Murs in there too...Papoose is a beast...he just signed a major deal so he's gonna b known to the masses soon. (He was on that Busta RMX too so that kinda got him exposure...same with Saigon being on Entourage) Little Brother has some great albums, no mainstream success yet though. Immortal Tech is nasty with his, but he's too political to get major coverage(his shit is dope though)

Murs is sick, i'm looking foward to Papoose's major label debut, i doubt he'll have a huge amount of sucess though.

yeah...NY artists aint really movin units right now...i think Papoose has enough of a buzz goin on the streets that he can hit platinum though. He's been making DJ's rich for the past year and a half, now its time for him to get shine. What makes him great is his versatility in making songs. He does more than just the regular shit, he tackles ideas and situations that nobody else addresses...like "Law Library", "Charades", "Chess'...all dope songs...and they were just for mixtapes so Im waitin to c what he drops for real.

Yeah, he'll go platnium most likely, he does a huge buzz in NY. He's rapping about stuff you wouldn't regularly see in the mainstream. "Charades" is one of his best tracks to date. "Alphabetical Slaughter" is tight to. The Nacirema Dream is the name of his debut last time i checked.

you dont know what you're talking about...none of those artists are "gangsta" rappers. They are underground hip hop artists, there is a difference.

lmao, i listen to alot of Heavy Metal/Rock too, but Hip Hop is my first "love" i guess is the way you can put it.

EDIT* Yeah, like scalizi said, these rappers are way diffrent then what you'd see on MTV.

that shit might work on the emo ****, but not over here...hahaha

I hate rap music and emo music. Rap music is not music, it's rhyming and emo music is just emo music, which is bad in it's self.

to_good_4_ya said:
I hate rap music and emo music. Rap music is not music, it's rhyming and emo music is just emo music, which is bad in it's self.
And what's the music you like?

Tech N9ne-This Ring, Imma Tell (Tech N9ne has alot of decent songs.)
12 Stones-Running Out of Pain
Massari-Real Love
Playa Fly-Triple Bitch Mafia (Playa Fly has alot of decents songs as well.)
Potluck ft. Tech N9ne-Say What You Wanna Say

Eminem-Get You Mad. (Everyone knows Eminem, but alot of people never heard the song, so I mentioned it. It was on Sway and King Tech's cd. It's a pretty funny song.)

Rihanna ft. Royalty-Unfaithful (Remix). (Don't really like Rihanna's part that much, but Royalty's part is pretty decent. It's a R&B/Rap song. The song is ok.)

Scarface ft. Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and Too Short-Game Over. (All artists are pretty well known, but some people never heard the song. It's off one of Scarface's old CD's)

SPM-Hillwood Hustlaz II, Crazy Lady (Crazy Lady is an all r&b song that is sung by Russel Lee.)

The Game ft. Sheek Louch, Fabolous, Beanie Siegel, and Jada Kiss-Kiss Your Ass Goodbye (Remix). All artists are well known, but alot of people don't know the song.

XRaided-Land of The Lost

Master P ft. Tre-8-Fright Night. (I'm sure most people know who Master P is, but might not know Tre-8. He's a very good rapper. The song is off the Down South Hustlers Soundtrack.

J-Shin-If I Fall In Love

Rated R ft. Lil Jon-Ride

Stacks ft. The Game-Stacks

Also check out Sage Francis, The Realest (Sounds alot like 2pac), Young Droop, Slow Pain, Papoose, Jin, Andre Nickitina, and Flashy.

I like alot of different music Rap, Hip Hop, r&b, Country, Alternative, Metal, and a few others. I could go on all night, so if you want any suggestions just name what music genre/catergory you like and I'll suggest some artists.

^^^kapp... if u like that West coast shit like X-Raided n Andre nickatina(better as Dre Dog...classics)...check out Cougnut,RBL Posse, Brotha Lynch hung, Mac mall, Jt Tha Bigga Figga...shit I could go on 4eva..Im from nY but I went thru a phase where all I fucked with was west coast shit...I still got stax of records ...Celly Cel...Poohman...a lot of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back