• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Good Ole J.R.

hatehabsforever

Staff member
I was reading an interview on the main site yesterday involving J.R. which I believe were excerpts from a full interview which can be seen on his own website. In typical Jim Ross fashion, he speaks candidly, while still respectfully, on a number of issues such as whether or not TNA is true competition for the WWE, on the likelihood of the Rock versus Cena ever happening, and on the Indy guys.

In the interview, he is very polite and respectful towards TNA, Bischoff, Flair, etc., while being very blunt in that he doesn't see them as competition whatsoever. Now I know this has been debated to death in many threads over the past several months especially, but I was just wondering what people thought of Ross's comments.

a) Is he just being a company yes-man, dismissing TNA and plugging WWE's dominance, or do you think he really feels that way (I believe the latter).

b) Is he right? As the head to head approaches later tonight, will WWE continue its dominance and continue with their status quo, oblivious to whatever TNA may be doing, or do they feel threatened and feel compelled to respond somehow.

I know this may redundant with other threads, jusst wanted to specifically discuss Ross's thoughts on things.

B. There are numerous threads that debate this, but essentially, it what it boils down to is what makes the WWE so successful, and does TNA have the ability to duplicate it? Not to be a clone, but to recognize the weaknesses TNA has going into this. Only the most diehard out of touch with reality TNA fan legitimately thinks that TNA is going to somehow overtake the WWE, just like on Jan 4, they were convinced Hogan was their savior, and are now ready to throw him under the boat because TNA isn't drawing any better than a 1.2. TNA does not have the money to compete with the WWE. Flat out. Jim Ross is smart enough to know that in order to seriously be competition with someone, you have to be able to do what they do. Jim Ross knows that Panda Energy doesn't have quite the deep pockets to lure away a Randy Orton or John Cena, like Turner was able to lure Hogan, Nash and Hall. Jim Ross knows that a lot of the former WWE guys that are in TNA, are there because the WWE is not open to them, not because they genuinely want to be there. They will say that publicly, that TNA is so great, etc...but, c'mon TNA fan, can you honestly say that if the WWE came knocking on their door, that most of them wouldn't head back north in a split second? Jim Ross is smart enough to understand that until TNA becomes a destination, and not a consolation prize, it will not be competition. WCW became a legitimate destination in its own right. There are just a lot of hurdles that TNA has to overcome in order to challenge the WWE's supremacy. Completely impossible? No. But, it isn't likely. Not unless a LOT of things change within the company.

All Jim Ross' comments show is that he is capable of analyzing what he thinks TNA needs to do to compete, where he thinks they stand currently in meeting those needs, and what their chances of meeting those needs are going to be down the road. Ole JR wouldn't hesitate to compliment TNA when he thinks they merit it. He is a pretty straight shooter. If he likes someone, he will tell you, regardless of what company they work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back