Good and Bad finisher build ups/signals

One I'm surprised I haven't seen yet is Mankind's set up for the mandible claw. It's not very much, but when he pulls a sock from his trousers and puts it on, the crowd go mental and you know it's gonna happen.

I can't actually think of any bad set-up. They all serve their purpose in hyping up the fans. As long as they can do that, it's a great signal. With that said, let's get to it.

For me, the best build-up to a finisher has to be Edge's spear. It's what, for me, makes the finisher one of the best in WWE. The spear is such a simple move, but Edge makes it into an event. From the moment you see his eyes widen to when he gets the pinfall, I am utterly captivated. That's what a signal for a finisher should do.

Randy Orton's mat pounding is also great. He is so calm and methodical throughout the match, occasionally showing his explosiveness. Then, when the time comes, there is just this release of energy and it looks great.

Honourable mention goes to Santino setting up for The Cobra. The fact that it gets such a huge pop despite being absolutely ridiculous makes it a great set-up in my book. And don't try and deny that you don't join in with him at home. Because I know you do. Everyone does.

i like submissions as finishers because they dont need to signal or do any hand gestures (they kill the ending). Just look at the lebel lock, without even knowing dragon locks it on and suprises the opponent and the audiance.

look at HBK's sweetchin, although it gets the crowd punping with his foot stomp in the corner, u know that the match is pretty much over, thus kills the ending/ suprise

1.Eddie Guerrero waving his hand in the air, signaling the Frog Splash, simple and obvious what coming next.

2.Goldberg raising his right arm in the air before he delivers the Jackhammer, same as the above.

3. Sycho Sid crucifix with his hand extended infront before the Powerbomb, just looked cool like hell.

4. Lex Luger moving for the Torture Rack, you just knew someone was gonna get bent.

5. Big Show motioning his fist before the K.O. Punch, you know someone is going to get their lights turn out.

Best of all time is Jake Roberts finger twirl in the air...as a kid it got me pumped that the DDT was coming.

Dumbest is probably Big Show's raising his hand in the air and screaming like a dummy before he gives the chokeslam

Although with finishers I gotta ask a question

How come people kicked out of Shawn Michaels superkick before it became is finisher....did he do leg steroids or something? And How come Marty Jannetty couldnt get a pin with it... I think its stupid how if a wrestling move isnt your finisher but is someone elses they can get a pinfall and you cant. I think simple moves like Superkicks and Legdrops shouldnt be allowed as your finisher

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back