Goldberg's Comeback

It was pretty good. I was initially very hard on his quick win over Lesnar but that had more to do with getting the results beforehand and not realizing what was done in the SS match. The quick win made sense and undeniably shocking. His Rumble participation was mostly forgettable with the exception of furthering his story by eliminating Lesnar. His title win over Owens was also pretty forgettable and probably the biggest black eye of his return. He always struggled making others looked good and his match with Owens was no exception.

But what saved this run and made it pretty good were his Mania match with Lesnar, his physique at age 50, and mostly some of his promos. They were very entertaining. He combined his old gimmick with some heartfelt work that I legitimately bought in to. Maybe it was bullshit, maybe he just needed money for a boat but it didn't feel that way. It felt like he really wanted to help his legacy, rewrite his career ending, show his kid who he was and who he could still be and inspire others as a real life super hero.

It wasn't the greatest six month run or the greatest return but it was much better than I expected and worth the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back