Gold Medal Falls Count Anywhere - Austin (USA) vs Edge (CAN) vs Misawa (JAP)

Gold Medal - Steve Austin vs Edge vs Mitsuharu Misawa

• Steve Austin

• Edge

• Mitsuharu Misawa

Results are only viewable after voting.
Edge is the luckiest guy in the freaking world. Edge's gimmic the ultimate oppurtunist have Steve and Misawa beat the crap out of each other. Edge appears after one of them win's thier brawl and gives the guy a spear for the three count.

Edge is the luckiest guy in the freaking world. Edge's gimmic the ultimate oppurtunist have Steve and Misawa beat the crap out of each other. Edge appears after one of them win's thier brawl and gives the guy a spear for the three count.

That means absoluetly nothing. What do these events have in common?

Backlash 2006
Backlash 2007
Armageddon 2008
WM 25

If you haven't figured out by now, those were PPV's in which there were triple threat or fatal four way matches Edge was in and lost. That also includes before WM 23 when he had a chance to face Cena at Wrestlemania and lost. So this isn't a great situation for "Mr. Ultimate Opportunist." Unless I see some Edge clones around this match, Edge will have a tough time winning.

Wait armegeedon 2008 wasn't that Undertaker vs. Edge vs. Batista and Edge won with a highly tainted win. Fine but im still saying Edge's gimmic is the ultimate oppertunist though i beleive he has a better chance in a triple threat then a singles match with either of these two.

Wait armegeedon 2008 wasn't that Undertaker vs. Edge vs. Batista and Edge won with a highly tainted win. Fine but im still saying Edge's gimmic is the ultimate oppertunist though i beleive he has a better chance in a triple threat then a singles match with either of these two.

Armageddon 2008 was Edge vs. Hardy vs. HHH in which Edge lost the world championship to Hardy.

Food for thought: If Edge was an ultimate opportunist, don't you think he would have a high success rate? I would venture to say that he has lost the same number if not more matches than he has won since 2006.

Edge has had a lot of practice in three way matches, He is something like 7and 4 in them in the last 4 years, counting TV shows (He hasn't had one since his return, has he?), so that is 11 matches alone. That isn't including his three way with tag team matches, which also prepares you for these type of matches, where there are three entities battling it out. WWE is a triple threat environment now, and not during Stone Cold's era. That is why he is better than Austin in this match.

Edge has had a lot of practice in three way matches, He is something like 7and 4 in them in the last 4 years, counting TV shows (He hasn't had one since his return, has he?), so that is 11 matches alone. That isn't including his three way with tag team matches, which also prepares you for these type of matches, where there are three entities battling it out. WWE is a triple threat environment now, and not during Stone Cold's era. That is why he is better than Austin in this match.

Well first off that's just a bit far-fetched, I mean come on TM, on what planet does Edge go over Stone Cold? Oh...wait...here. Seriously, I don't get this "I'm Canadian so I'm going to vote for all Canadians" thing you're doing. Does it really matter if your country loses in the freakin' WZOlympics? If you're telling me Edge could defeat both Steve Austin and Mitsuharu Misawa in the same match, I am afraid Sir TM that I shall be on my way.

Anyways, besides the fact that Austin > Edge by a whole fucking lot, neither of them would be ready for Misawa, especially if he were to be given the time to rest while those two went at it. Not that it would matter, guy routinely went an hour long like he was having a brisk morning walk next to a sunrise.

Way I see it, Edge ends up basically dead after this match, while Misawa outwrestles the brawling Austin and puts him away with the Emerald Flowsion from the top rope. Austin probably gives him a stunner after the match though.

I heard we could use the medal count of this, and add it to the Winter Olympics total...

Steve Austin has a history at losing some triple threat matches. I believe one of his first big ones, he lost in on with Mikey Whipwreck. If he can't win won with Whipwreck, how can he win one with a 9 time champion... AND MISAWA?

I also remember him double losing against Kane and the Undertaker in a match, where they were both able to pin him.

Summerslam 99? Lost to Mankind and Triple H. I put Edge about Mic Foley, and I put Misawa above Triple H.

Want to talk about ultimate opportunist? It is Edge's nickname, and he could play out a storyline similar to Survivor Series later that year, when Stone Cold didn't even make it to that match.

I haven't put Edge above Misawa in a Triple Threat match yet, I am still deciding. But Vince McMahon MADE triple threat matches for Austin to lose. That is why Kane and Undertaker were put into that match, to make Austin lose.

I am going to continue with my willingness to give someone the chance to sway and win my vote. Now I'm not even close to lying or hiding the fact that I strongly believe if Edge stood any strong favored chance of winning - its in this style of match. However, here is the most important question I have to ask.

Is this a Triple Threat Elimination match? Or is it one fall to the finish, with the first person picking up the pinfall/submission, gaining the victory?

Is this a Triple Threat Elimination match? Or is it one fall to the finish, with the first person picking up the pinfall/submission, gaining the victory?

Well if you have read the OP perhaps you have noticed the part in bold...

This is the GOLD MEDAL MATCH in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. This match will be contested under Falls Count Anywhere Match Rules. The wrestler who scores the first pinfall or submission will be declared the winner. There are no count-outs and no DQ's, but interference is strictly forbidden.

As for this match, I see zero chance of Edge winning, the whole Ultimate Oppertunists argument just needs to be thrown out, as in the majority of the matches he won during that phase of his career he had someone running interferance and helping him out, something that can't happen in this match, he won't have Lita, Big Show or La Familia to help him out, he's on his own in a match with two wrestlers that a far superior to Edge in about every way, not to mention the easily injured Edge has already been in a war with Misawa, so he's gonna be lucky just to be able to walk to the ring, he may hit one or two big moves but he's gonna be so banged up and hurt that I doubt he's going to be able to capitalize and get a quick fall

This match really comes down to Austin or Misawa, and seeing as how Austin, much like Edge has a history of neck injuries, I don't see things working well in his favor especially against someone like Misawa, my vote right now is leaning towards Misawa

As for this match, I see zero chance of Edge winning, the whole Ultimate Oppertunists argument just needs to be thrown out, as in the majority of the matches he won during that phase of his career he had someone running interferance and helping him out, something that can't happen in this match, he won't have Lita, Big Show or La Familia to help him out, he's on his own in a match with two wrestlers that a far superior to Edge in about every way, not to mention the easily injured Edge has already been in a war with Misawa, so he's gonna be lucky just to be able to walk to the ring, he may hit one or two big moves but he's gonna be so banged up and hurt that I doubt he's going to be able to capitalize and get a quick fall

This match really comes down to Austin or Misawa, and seeing as how Austin, much like Edge has a history of neck injuries, I don't see things working well in his favor especially against someone like Misawa, my vote right now is leaning towards Misawa

Anyone who tries saying the Ultimate Opportunist/Triple Threat = best match for Edge logic needs to be thrown out is plain and simply too scared to admit it is Edge's best chance at winning, and he becomes very dangerous in this style of match.

With it being 1 fall to a finish, that increases my belief that Edge will steal one here. Should he win? Probably not. In one-on-one matches, Edge can out-wrestle Steve Austin, but not out-brawl. I don't know enough of Misawa to say any different - but I do know if what has been said about Misawa and Austin are true, then they will wrestle each other to the death with Edge trying his hardest to stay out of the picture.

I don't give a shit what Edge has won, or lost. All it takes is proving he can, and in saying that I point out the John Cena v. Rob Van Dam v. Edge match that happened July 3rd, 2006 on Raw. Edge stole the victory from both, with a title shot to the head, after Cena hit an F-U on Van Dam.

Misawa has been argued to be unstoppable and impervious to pain. Steve Austin will test that theory. As a result, if Misawa is so unstoppable, he'll be the guy targeted by Austin & Edge in a two-on-one effort, until Edge or Austin turn on the other. At which point Edge will return to his staying out of the picture gameplan.

Misawa hits a finisher, Edge quickly comes in and dumps Misawa out of the ring, steals the victory by pinning Austin - after Misawa does the dirty work in getting Austin down and out. Edge wins.

If this is not believable to anyone - prove to me why, and do so without saying my logic is simply "stupid". If you want to earn my vote, then do so. Calling me names isn't going to prove me, or anyone else, anything except for you don't have the intelligence to actually state anything worth paying attention to.

With it being 1 fall to a finish, that increases my belief that Edge will steal one here. Should he win? Probably not. In one-on-one matches, Edge can out-wrestle Steve Austin, but not out-brawl. I don't know enough of Misawa to say any different - but I do know if what has been said about Misawa and Austin are true, then they will wrestle each other to the death with Edge trying his hardest to stay out of the picture.

I don't give a shit what Edge has won, or lost. All it takes is proving he can, and in saying that I point out the John Cena v. Rob Van Dam v. Edge match that happened July 3rd, 2006 on Raw. Edge stole the victory from both, with a title shot to the head, after Cena hit an F-U on Van Dam.

Come on, Will... don't start the arguments that are blatently convenient towards your goal to give Edge a gold medal like you do in all WZ Tournaments. If Edge had any kind of wins over Misawa or Austin in the real world you'd be writing book reports about them on here. But the fact is that he doesn't. Why? Because he NEVER WOULD.

Just like X already said, there is no way, on any planet or parallel universe, where Edge could come out on top over Austin in this type of matchup. And there's no need to get into the hypothetical, far-fetched theories about him stealing pins or using sneakiness, either.

I'm sure that a bolt of lightning could come down from the sky and strike Austin dead during the match. But we need to play the odds here. Austin is a fucking PSYCHOPATH, especially in a no-DQ setting. He is damn near untouchable in a no rules setting, since his record in those matches are at an extremely high percentgae rate. Not to mention that the opponents he defeated were almost all high profile. Undertaker, the Rock, HBK, Triple H... you name it, he's beaten them. Edge is just another checkmark on this list.

As a matter of fact, seeing Misawa's resume, I'd go out on a limb and say Edge has the LEAST chance of winning this match. Misawa is damn near invincible... he feels no pain... he has no boundaries. If anyone is more catered for this type of matchup, it's Misawa. However, Austin has defeated opponents that are not only high-profile, but more catered to this match-type. Misawa might have had battles in this type of atmosphere, but not with opponents like Austin had.

Austin's going to win this one.

I have to agree somewhat with the argument that this is kind of match that Edge would be able to steal a victory and maybe against any other opponents I would side with the Ultimate Opportunist. However, Misawa and Austin both are tougher and as smart as Edge.

As tough as Misawa is, Austin is just so intense that even if it takes 10 Stunners I think the Rattlesnake will just about get the job done

Edge and Steve Austin fought with nothing but passion and anger. They made a career out of doing so, but it cost them a good amount of matches at the same time. Rarely did they use their head and think rationally about the situations they were in. That would happen in this match. Edge would do something to piss Austin off early on, and from that point on they would completely focus on each other... while Misawa calmly waits for the perfect opportunity to jump in and put one of them away. And believe me... an Emerald Flowsion would put either one of these guys away.

So yeah... I really don't see this match going any other way. Wrestlers like Misawa wrestle with not just their brute strength and toughness, but with their brains as well. You just cannot say the same for Edge and Austin. Edge gets called the 'Ultimate Opportunist' for knowing when to cash in a contract at the perfect moment, not because he was smart enough to win matches like these. Steve Austin always depended on being able to stomp a mudhole in people on his way to victory... okay, for one, in no way, shape, or form would Misawa ever let that motherfucker do that to him, but more importantly... Austin would be too focused on kicking Edge's ass anyway, since like I said... there's no way 30 seconds into this match that Edge doesn't do something that Austin loses his mind over. Edge is a complete slimeball, while Austin is perhaps the biggest hothead in pro wrestling history; you put those two in the same ring, it's guaranteed they focus on each other throughout the match. The only time Misawa would have to intervene would be to stop sure pinfalls, but that's it. Besides, all he has to do is stay alert, and strike at the perfect time... which he would undoubtedly do.

The point of a triple threat match, as well as shoehorning people onto cards, is to allow strong wrestlers to win. Cena loses triple threats a lot more than singles matches for precisely that reason. Indeed, they are the sort of match that guys like Edge often win. I would say that spells bad news for Misawa, the biggest name in the match. Steve Austin is therefore in his element. The way Edge operates is often by taking advantage of someone from behind, and I imagine he will eliminate Misawa from the decision in that manner before being split by Stone Cold.

That being said, I've always tried to keep it kayfabe, and Misawa has the most in his arsenal, so I'm going to vote for him. Because of the way triple threats often go though, I don't think either option is the wrong one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back