• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

God Of War III

Man am I pumped, really really pumped even though I own a Wii, 360 but not a motherfucking PS3... Lucky bastards, I dont want shitty Halo I want God Of War!

Anyway, I still am pumped, I would really like to know how the story ends, it really caught me off guard how much I loved the story in the original. Its an epic trilogy, anything is possible! A suprisingly deep and exciting story (with a bastard cliffhanger to wait on), as well as in my opinion, the greatest lead character created in quite a few years.

The gameplay is fantastic hack and slash, and the graphics will no doubt be great, but this is a rare example where the story really has me hooked, and is the prime reason why I want to get the game. I even have an ideal ending which I might write out soon just for the hell of it.

I will be focusing mainly on the story here, but here is what I know.

- There will be a battle with Poseidon as confirmed on www.gametrailers.com
- There is footage of a battle with Hades
- A God is decapitated early on and used as a weapon (like Medusa was)
- Designers have been fairly certain this WONT be the end of the God Of War series, but will be the end of the trilogy.
- Cut scenes will be produced through the game engine which didnt happen in the earlier games.

I am really hyped about this conclusion, although the belief there will be more games to follow contrasts against my perfect ending to the game.

What do you think?

It's going to be Game of The Year for 2010. It's also going to be the best PS3 exclusive and it's going to put the 360's exclusive to rest. Maybe with Reach they can bounce back but right now they're are getting destroyed in exclusives. I'm so excited for God of War 3 that's I'll pay $100 for the Ultimate Edition. Never bought a special edition up until now. It will also be the new graphics King.

Yes this game will be epic i have it pre ordered and i will be picking it up next week i have already played the Demo and it was amazing and that was just a Demo when the game wasn't even as polished as it's going to be when it comes out. So i will be there at gamestop to pick it up on monday at midnight.

This game is the reason I bought a Playstation 3 two years ago. To say I am pumped for this is to put it mildly. If you check out Metacritic, this bad boy is getting big time reviews. the only one I ever take with a grain of salt is Game Informer, and it received a 10 out of 10 from that Magazine.

People that simply write the God of War series as mindless hack and slash miss the point entirely. The game has the action gamers crave, enough puzzles too challenge, but not take away from the gameplay, and a crazy good story that keeps you interested the entire time.

I'm a Final Fantasy Bad Boy, but God of War 3 is the reason I'm not buying 13 tomorrow.

God Of War III, is one of the reasons that I wish I had a PS3 at this moment in time. Having watched a few of the gameplay videos and researched what this game is about, I can safely say that it will be one of the games of the year. With Heavy Rain out a couple of weeks ago, the time is right for PS3 fans to snap up a console. To be honest, it has made me want to do that and I don't think I am the only one. I have every suspicion that this game is going to do very well in both sales and reviews. Having looked at videos, I can see why. The game looks fantastic and if I had to sum it up in one word, it would likely be "epic".

To me, that just looks beyond belief. The graphics looks amazing the first ten minutes look so very grandiose. I have been looking forward to thi game hitting the shelves for a long time now and whilst I do not own a PS3, I love to see brilliant games come out. They are paving the way for the future and games like God Of War III should be what every games developer is looking to do when they make a game. After quite a lacklustre year for gaming last year, we have had brilliant games thus far in 2010. God Of War III is another game in a series of ground-breaking titles that is sure to sell millions.

I cant wait for this also, the graphics are amazing , i purchased the god of war remade for the ps3 in blue ray and it was crazy. This game is the only reason to have a ps3 if you want select games for a system. Does anyone know if its going to have an online play to it? I wonder if they do what will it be like. Can't wait, im counting down for it!

As I said earlier, its really the story that makes me want to buy the game, so just for shits here is what I ideally want to happen at the end of the trilogy.

I am certain I will get nothing close to this, as it has been confirmed in interviews that there will be spin-off's, and I am certain this will not happen. I will also give a spoiler warning right here as I might make reference to previous games.

Ideally, I want Kratos to die in the end.

By die, I do not mean being slain by a God or a Titan, I mean in the style of the original game, in which Kratos attempts to end his own life. The way I see it, Zeus is screwed, he has already been overpowered once and I am 90 percent sure Zeus will be a dead God by the end of the trilogy. As has been confirmed, there will be confrontations against Poseidon and Hades. It is that confrontation with Hades that interests me.

If Hades dies (and he will), what happens to the Underworld? Does Hades stop ruling it? Does he become a member of it instead? Does Hades disappear completely. I would love it if after the death of Hades, the fate that awaits us after death becomes seemingly unknown as there is no longer a ruler of the dead.

By endgame, Kratos will have vanquished the God's and Olympus. As for the Titans, well the game could conclude with them taking back their place as rulers, however because this is Kratos I would have some kind of betrayal in the game that pits Kratos in a war against the Titans as well. Perhaps that could be the end boss since we want something more exciting then Zeus-Kratos II. Perhaps this time, as the Gods and Titans are being slain, Chronos and Zeus band together as father and son to destroy the greater evil, the son of Zeus.

Of course, Kratos would win this battle slaying both God and Titan, and with his revenge finally gained, Kratos only has the horrors of his past, his greatest nightmares to live with. I would conclude the game as the original started, on the highest peak of Athens as Kratos ends his life, to escape this world and finally gain peace from his past, onto the now unknown realm of death.

I feel like the only gamer who doesn't care about this game. The first 2 games didn't intrigue me at all, and it's the same with this game. I think it was because it seems like it's graphics over gameplay. I mean those boss battles where you just need to tap the right button at the right time that went on to influence other games to do the same thing really annoyed me.

So all I have to say is, Wow. This game is amazing, and I'm pretty sure it's going to win Game of the Year. Beware the Final Fantasy and Mass Effect fanboys that are sure to come in here and dispute this, but those games get too bogged down with side shit that you can't enjoy the game as much as you can enjoy God of War 3.

I just beat this game, and can simpy say, I can't wait to play it again. Graphically, it's amazing, and that's not giving it enough credit. They changed the gameplay and fighting technique again, but it simply works as well as it ever has. The Boss fights are beyond epic in this game.

Simply put, everything in God of War 3 is bigger, better and more amazing.

I won't get into specifics, but yes, the story of Kratos and the Greek Gods is certainly over at the end of this game, hopefully Sony doesn't ****e out the series when it ended the only way it possibly could have.

Reactions: Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back