Goal line Technology in FIFA

What doi you think of Goal line Technology

• I think it should be used by FIFA

• Leave it as it is

• I don't care at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

future admin

Getting Noticed By Management
Now, during this world cup, there has been alot of controversy due to quite horrid decisions by the referee. Red cards have been given out that shouldn't have. Goals haven't been allowed that should've been. But one thing about Goal line technology is that it costs a heck of alot of money. This leaves some countries to a disadvantage who don't have it. Anyway, what do you think of Goal line technology, do you think FIFA should use it, or do you think FIFA should stay as it is?

There is no real reason why goal-line technology should not be introduced by FIFA, indeed it is something that many people have been clamouring for for a good few years now. The only reservation that I can see FIFA having is about the delay between a team challenging the decision and there being a long wait for a verdict to be reached, thus distracting the ebb and flow of the game. To FIFA, I say bollocks. You can quite easily have someone in the stands watching a reply, and then relaying the information to the referee within a few seconds. It's high time FIFA bought the most popular game in the world into the 21st century. It has worked the games like rugby and cricket, so why not football?

Goal line tech should be used at the highest level, so the World Cup, European games and the top leagues in the continent if the ruling authorisations can afford it. But that is all.

I certainly don't believe it should be used as often as it could be in rugby. And it would be too subjective & inaccurate to be used for offsides.

But it has to be used for goal-lline issues.

I can only see benefits in this. If FIFA implemented this technology goals and overall games would be more justified. off-sides would be easier to judge. As well as any given situation that could create controversy.

I however don't necessarily think it should be only a goal line technology. I think that if FIFA implemented the technology available for the whole field it would also help prevent some of the hand-ball situations that we have seen so many of during this world cup. Some has caused goals. Some has denied goals. The majority of them have been handled the way they should. But there's still situations that goes through.

But I think that the fact that FIFA is considering implementing the goal line technology is a step towards improvement. And I think it's a great thing that FIFA reconsidered it after, what? A half to a whole year ago that they said they wouldn't implement it?

So I definitely think FIFA should use it. Because there can't possibly be anything negative about it. Besides the costs. But FIFA is making tons of money already I could imagine. So the money needed to implement this technology would be something they could easily fund.

I think it should remain to goal line situations only. With all the technology out there in the world, you would have to believe there is a way to make a light go off above the goal or something when the ball goes through. I've heard debates about inserting microchips into the balls to react with a sensor once it breaks the plane of the goal line. As far as instant replay goes, they have to keep to contested goals only. No offsides, no encroachments, no fouls or flopping, just shots on goal. But it opens the Pandora's Box that is if you change the rules for one thing, you must change it for all angle. Something has to give, if FIFA really wants to make "soccer" a global game (i.e United States) they have to evolve their game with the times.

How hard is it to have a camera aligned with the goal that a ref can take a look at to see if the ball crossed or not? It isn't hard at all, considering the broadcasters ALREADY DO IT. The complete lack of any accountability in FIFA makes it hard to believe that games are completely on the up and up. Admit it, there have been times when you have wondered whether the officials were intentionally trying to make one team win over the other, haven't you??? FIFA needs everything it can use to avoid that tarnish. Especially when you have seen the completely bogus calls this year. England's no goal that was 3 feet inside the goal is a great example. The fact that there is no way to correct such a terrible, terrible call is absolutely ridiculous.

Just stick a ref in the broadcast booth, when something like that happens, he sees the same feed the announcers do, and immediately calls it in. Simple.

Yeah it should happen. If the technology is there and it gets the calls right, what difference does it make other than a positive one? Also, how many times in a match does it get anywhere near close to being over the goal line anyway? It's not like it's going to take forever. Also if that complaint comes up about taking too long, we can address that as soon as we address the players being down for 45 seconds after not even getting touched in the last 5 minutes of a game when they're nursing a one goal lead. I have no problem with having technology added in. It can help and it's not a problem. The purists or whatever need to get over themselves. "It takes away from the beauty of the game." I thought the beauty of soccer is about getting credit for goals when you score them rather than having them denied because the referee can't see.

Yeah absolutely. It has been an issue for years. This World Cup i think has taken the debate beyond the point of no return though. The use of technology could have made for a fairly different tournament.

I think it would open the floodgates for technology in other areas such as penalties, fouls, simulation, things such as penalty area tussling etc. But i think that it shouldn't and won't be introduced to the extent that it disrupts the game.

How would it work though? I was thinking who would make the call for the replay if it were to be used. Would it be the referee? Because it would be hard for them to admit their mistake and then say yeah show the replay. Would it be players calling for it the way they do in Tennis? I think it should be introduced but it needs to have all of the fine details ironed out. I suppose thought having waited this long they would surely do it properly.

It should definitely be introduced, if only for goal line incidents. It would prevent terrible injustices like the England "goal that never was" against Germany. Being English I may be biased when I say that if that goal had been allowed and England had got their 2nd goal within a short period of time, then the result COULD have been alot different, but thanks to FIFA, we will never know.

I support Bolton Wanderers in the Premier League and my team were relegated in the 1997-98 season on goal difference. Everton were the team that stayed up and during that season, in a game against Everton that finished 0-0 Bolton had header which bounced well beyond the goal line, but the referee claimed it was not a goal. This one mistake left Bolton 2 points worse off and caused us to be relegated, only returning to the top flight 4 years later and in a much worse financial situation.

If goal line technology can prevent injustices like this occuring, and will not slow down the game too much, then they should be introduced. It works fine in Rugby and Cricket and noone complains about that.

Football needs to move with the times and take advantage of the technology that is available today imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back