Girls Just Want To Have Fun?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog Lionheart

Best Sig In The World......
What is your opinion of the Diva's division?
What would you want to see from them?
Do you want a athletic Diva who is great in the ring, one with great mic skills, or just a pretty face?

Let me feel what you feel........

This will be one of the few times you hear me say anything good about TNA, but I would like to see the division go in the same route TNA started their Knockouts division in. You had athletic women, some attractive some not, put on good matches. Not botchamanias or awful gymnastics exhibitions but good matches. Taylor Wilde, Awesome Kong (Kharma), Gail Kim, Traci Brooks, Roxxi, Angelina Love, ODB and Tara just to name a few actually put on good matches. I think WWE does not have that roster of women's talent right now but I think Natalya, A.J., Naomi and Eve sare ome names capable of it. I think with the product WWE is trying to put out appealing to young girls with empowering, athletic women's characters as opposed to good looking bimbos (see current TNA women's roster) would bring in even more revenue from a business stand point.

I actually liked the Divas division when Mickie James and Trish Stratus were feuding. It held my interest had a good storyline and decent wrestling. I liked old school Chyna and thought she brought something new and different to the division and was looking forward to Kharma. I hate the division in general, stupid storylines, no real wrestling.
I want to see some actual feuds with decent matches and then I'd be interested in it. I dont want to see lingerie models I want to see wrestlers.

The biggest mistake WWE ever made in their women's division was listening to fans whose brains are located in their pants and focusing purely on women with looks and sex appeal, regardless of whether or not they could actually wrestle. They wanted an entire company of Trish Stratuses and to get it, they thought all they had to do was hire models and train them.

They were very wrong. The difference between Trish and most of the eye candy divas is that Trish had the desire to learn to work in the ring and constantly improve herself. The majority of the women who got hired by way of the Diva Search (Michelle McCool being a noteworthy exception) were aspiring models and actresses who had no interest in being anything but being a hottie. Instead of finding "the next Trish", they found a bunch of Stacy Keiblers, women who are more interested in using WWE as a steppingstone to other things.

What is your opinion of the Diva's division?

Poor, the divas with actual in-ring ability are rarely in the ring.

What would you want to see from them?

Gail Kim, Natalya and Beth featured in as many matches as possible. At least if Maryse, the Bellas, Kelly Kelly etc are across the ring from accomplished workers: a) the match has an increased chance of being watchable, and b) working with quality should help improve their ability.

Do you want a athletic Diva who is great in the ring, one with great mic skills, or just a pretty face?

I think mic skills is a non starter at the moment, too many fans regard the divas 'match' as a time out without the added indignity of a promo. As far as looks or ability? Ability every time; Alissa Flash, Roxxi, Kong, ODB, Hamada, Taylor Wilde all let go by TNA for not meeting creative's looks model:wtf: Give me a match between any two of these over Kelly Kelly versus Maryse anytime.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: i said it once and i'll say it again and again, since when talent is important in WWE especially for the divas? Sorry this might sound harsh, but the divas in WWE are only eye candy nothing more nothing less. Talent should count for something, but in WWE the divas are there to make the men salivate and have boners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back