• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Get on my podcast - What are your 8 least favourite songs?

Барбоса;4603599 said:
This was pretty much #9 on my list, with I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas a close #10. That song ruined a holiday for me.

I think I Gotta Feeling violates the objectively awful. That song is actually objectively awful.

I'm so full of hate, I wanted to list another eight.

1) It Was A Very Good Year- Frank Sinatra
2) Don't Bring Me Down- Electric Light Orchestra
3) Blinded by the Light- Manfed Mann's Earth Band (Bruce's version isn't much better)
4) Billy Joel- Big Shot
5) Hey Jude- The Beatles
6) Pink Houses- John Mellencamp (I'm pretty sure he wrote that song so it could be used in car and beer commercials)
7) It's Getting Hot in Here- Nelly
8) I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing- Aerosmith

Bonus: Almost every Aerosmith song.

:disappointed:

Aerosmith sucks, Billy Joel sucks, ELO sucks, and so does basically all hair metal.

images

Барбоса;4603599 said:
This was pretty much #9 on my list, with I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas a close #10. That song ruined a holiday for me.

I remember being in the Hard Rock Cafe in Sharm El Sheikh (or however you spell it) in Egypt and they were playing non-rock music. I said to my gf at the time if they play Black Eyed Peas we are going home. Needless to say I Got A Feeling came on 15 mins later.

I don't really listen to songs I don't like on multiple occasions but I'll try and remember some I don't like

1. Boom Boom Pow-Black Eyed Peas
From going from a fun rap/R & B group to a pretenious dance act this was the beginning of total suck for the Peas. While Black Eyed Peas lyrics were never something to write home about they were at least fun in a cheesy way (My Humps) but this just showed a complete lack of anything and the music was dull and repetitive.

2. Bring Me The Horizon-Chelsea Smile

I want to like Bring Me The Horizon, the music is actually pretty catchy and the breakdowns are cool. Oli Sykes just sucks as a vocalist. He doesn't seem to have a great sense of rhythm at all. This is strange because I like Killswitch Engage and they're a similar style of music and vocals.

3. Coldplay- Viva La Vida

Chris Martin's vocals suck to me and the pretentious way they carry themselves just adds to that.

That's honestly all I can think of honestly

1) Hollaback girl - Gwen Stefani
2) Sweet Home Alabama - Lynard Skynard
3) Eminem - My Band
4) Anything by Pitbull
5) Hot in Here - Nelly
6) Hotel California - The Eagles (Not to steal from JGlass but the last 2 songs are just brutal)
7) Bad Boy for Life - P.Diddy (when the best song on the CD was a shitty rendition of Sirius by Alan Parsons you're in trouble).
8) Forgot About Dre - Eminem & Dr. Dre (this is one of my favorite albums ever, Dr. Dre is a genius but this song made me want to put my fist through a wall).

I know something between fuck and all about music and have a rotation of about a dozen artists on my iPod, so writing this list was like pulling teeth:

1. Roxanne by The Police
  2. Yellow Submarine by The Beatles
  3. Technologic by Daft Punk
  4. The Game by Motorhead
  5. Viva La Vida by Coldplay
  6. Starlight by Muse
  7. My Doorbell by The White Stripes
  8. I Bet That You Look Good On The Dance Floor by The Arctic Monkeys

Umm, I assume we're discounting random pop crap and picking songs that have some credibility to them? Otherwise, I cannot narrow it down to 10.

Kaiser Cheifs - Every Day I Love You Less and Less
Franz Ferdinand - Michael
Muse - Survival
Amy Winehouse - Rehab
Foals - Cassius
The Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control
Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
Bon Iver - Skinny Love

So, the first four are bad songs that got overplayed to oblivion, and the other four are the worst hipster anthems, which I'm aware is an oxymoron. Those fucking bands that write "riffs" made up of four staccato notes drive me insane.

Also, it's not actually a song, but coming in at number 9 is Morrissey's face. I really hate his fucking face.

Edit: I've already had to change my list after realising some that I missed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back