Get Creative: Show Off That Swagger

ZexImmortal

Dark Match Winner
Key Players: Ziggler and Swagger

Ziggler finally the WHC! and who does he thank? Himself and Vickie....but isn't he forgetting someone?

Enter Swagger

Jack Swagger claps his hands and what not and opens up with saying

"WE DID IT!"

Ziggler confused of course questions it

Swagger explains: oh right...you were always all for self weren't you? you see call me what you want but if there is one thing you should include its CHAMPION MATERIAL something you aren't. Dolph you used up all your life lines. you tried at the rumble against Punk and failed...you then decided to use me.

Ziggler would insult Swagger

Swagger: dont you think its funny...when we teamed up why was it that i always ended up the one getting pinned. why is that when we were near defeat, you walked off into the sunset as i had to see it through to the end. I was your stepping stone wasn't I? cause i took all the hits for you...all the things that could have stumped your rise to the top...you put on to me. then you won the money in the bank and rendered me of no more use...you dont need anyone anymore right? that case gives you everything you ever wanted. why feel obligated? you cashed in and became champion and this is the thanks i get?

Dolph takes shot a Swaggers title win

Swagger: hey lets call a spade for spade...i earned everything here...on my own. YOU DOLPH...your out of life lines. no more cases, no more friends, no more excuses...I knew you'd become champion i just needed to wait...

Dolph questions: Wait for what?

Swagger hits his finisher

Swagger: Cause there will be no sweeter victory then showing up the show off.

Dolph explains he has an issue that Swagger has not earned the right to his title. Booker agrees and sets up a match in which Ziggler would ruin. Booker sets up another match the following friday banning both Ziggler and Vickie from ringside. Swagger picks up the win

Swagger vows to show Ziggler who the true champion really is between the two. A Show Off versus a well polished Wrestler. for the WHC!

Fresh feud that should carry both stars in their career.

(Long term Feud)

So Swagger is moved up to WHC contender despite years of booking abuse (and even the commentators making a large point about him being on a dreadful streak) due to the ties he had to Ziggler when Dolph was stuck in the mid-card? Sorry, doesn't work for me. While I'd like Swagger to be used as a contender the logic here that just attacking Ziggler and winning one match (and having one ruined by Ziggler) makes him no.1 contender is mental. It can work with Jericho because he has years of credibility to draw upon but Swagger does not.

This has the potential to work... in the future... not now by any means. They have to completely get Jack Swagger back into someone either the crowd hates or the crowd loves, and they would have to do it the way they want to go with Dolph Ziggler during his title run. Jack Swagger will have to win, get over, have good feuds... because right now.. now one would ever want to watch a WHC feud between Ziggler and Swagger, those two could not hold a feud, especially one so main stage. Neither one of them is proved at that level yet, Ziggler will get there one day and Jack Swagger dropped the ball big time when he was given the chance.

How about the new US champion Cesaro runs down the US. Swagger takes offence, turns face and wins the title. He has several strong matches in a great run with the belt, dropping it to the next up and comer Sandow or whoever and then goes after a heel World Champion. Swagger is a big guy and there is no denying that a US audience will get behind a patriotic character

Nice title. Decent storyline.

While this could obviously happen based on Zig-Swag's history, it ironically has a less chance that it would, since Swagger's been jobbing lately. It could, but it won't. Swagger's almost drifting towards McIntyre's road, almost to the point of no return. While McIntyre's now a lost cause, Swagger still has a slim chance of turning it around - and your idea just might work... if he didn't job so much. The only way I see this happening is if he starts defeating mid-carders again during the feud for Ziggler to actually consider being wary of him.

I posted this after Antonio's US title win. But the win-win story is the Big Swed coming out and announcing he is changing the championship into the European title and Jack Swagger ( being the Patriot he is) takes offense to this.

Just inturrupting Antonio's "eff America" promo would instantly turn him face and give him his most interesting storyline of his career. A legit beef.

Furthering the story, at Night of Champion's you could have William Regal cost Swagger the championship. Have Swagger chase Antonio for the better part of the fall and finally capture the championship in the big blow off- a ladder match at TLC.

The OP's idea would work if they did it tomorrow. Does nobody else remember Chris Jericho becoming a WHC contender the night after a WWE title match at Extreme Rules? Or how about Daniel Bryan and Jerry Lawler in a no. 1 contender's match for the WWE Title the night after Bryan's WHC match? Vince operates on the theory that if he won't remember it, the fans won't. And he has admitted to forgetting things 3 weeks after they happened. They could bury Swagger's losing streak in an instant.

HAving said that, the patriotic face Swagger idea is soo perfect, you can't look at any Swagger thread without it being mentioned. I did a storyline on WWE 12 story designer where Swagger lost to an up and comer and cut a promo saying "I'm sick of being a doormat. I want to retrain to be the best I can be" and then leaving, unsure if he'll return.
He eventually returns to interrupt a mean foreigner as a Hogan-esque patriot (Cesaro, Barrett, there's plenty of contenders). After a match with them, he can move into an angle where he chases Dolph Ziggler as WHC. The return and retooling can establish Swagger as a big deal, and if Ziggler's title run is booked right, he'll finally be looked at as a big deal too. The classic clean cut good guy against the arrogant bad guy would draw for sure, and it doesn't hurt that they have past history to play off (like the OP's idea) and that they're too pretty damn good workers.

I've never liked Swagger. He was one of the worst world champs in history. The only time I found him remotely entertaining was when he had the Swagger soaring eagle. He's good in the ring, but bad on the mic and as far as a face turn, I could never see myself cheering for him, even if he became Mr USA.

I think the wwe messed up with Swagger. He is better on the mic then most of the other talent and he has a lisp. Also he is one of the best wrestlers they have right now. I think between Orton, and Cena and with Sheamus and Punk starting to come up he got lost in the shuffle of things. Then he has this crappy storyline or whatever with Viki and Ziggler. So hopefully they use him again he could have some great matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back