George Selvie and the Dallas Cowboys to be Ringside at Slammiversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Well versed in conquering his foes on the field, Dallas Cowboys defensive end George Selvie will be on hand to witness TNA superstars attempt to conquer their opponents this Sunday at Slammiversary in Dallas!

Selvie and his Dallas Cowboys teammates will be ringside for the event, which will broadcast live on Pay-Per-View, this Sunday at 8/7c.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...las-Cowboys-To-Attend-Slammiversary-on-Sunday

--

Well that should do some good for TNA, especially if they've got [local] radio spots/interviews booked up between now and Sunday's event. The Cowboys are a massive name, which should at least help to draw a few new eyes to the PPV product.

I doubt it will help boost TNA in the long run. As horrible as theCowboys have been, they still maintain relevance. George Selvie really isn't a selling point. I haven't heard much about him since his college days. TNA could benefit from this rub, but how long will it last? Remember when Bart Scott and Brandon Jacobs appeared on Impact? I don't think it drew in too many NFL fans.

wont help tna one bit. what difference does it make who is in the audience? wwe has had a lot of sports guys in the crowd before but it doesnt affect how the good the show is. cowboys in the crowd wont sell tickets

wont help tna one bit. what difference does it make who is in the audience? wwe has had a lot of sports guys in the crowd before but it doesnt affect how the good the show is. cowboys in the crowd wont sell tickets

Does WWE "sell" them ahead of time though? From what I recall, they just show them on screen from time-to-time during the broadcast when they either realize they are there, or just as a time killer between matches/segments like you see during a live sporting event.

Cowboys in the crowd may not sell tickets, but they may still draw some intrigue to the program. Maybe it gets a mention or two by the Cowboys' Twitter, for example, or by other outlets, which in turn reaches a couple new eyeballs here and there?

Does WWE "sell" them ahead of time though? From what I recall, they just show them on screen from time-to-time during the broadcast when they either realize they are there, or just as a time killer between matches/segments like you see during a live sporting event.

Cowboys in the crowd may not sell tickets, but they may still draw some intrigue to the program. Maybe it gets a mention or two by the Cowboys' Twitter, for example, or by other outlets, which in turn reaches a couple new eyeballs here and there?

I get what youre saying, but if it doesn't sell tickets or raise ratings, why not focus on something that will? I'm not a tna hater I really want them to succeed, the thing is we've seen tna focus on these things before to no avail. Theres a reason wwe doesn't waste time talking about who is in the crowd. If the cowboys had just been shown on camera like wwe it'd be one thing, but hyping audience members just reeks of desperation.

I get what youre saying, but if it doesn't sell tickets or raise ratings, why not focus on something that will? I'm not a tna hater I really want them to succeed, the thing is we've seen tna focus on these things before to no avail. Theres a reason wwe doesn't waste time talking about who is in the crowd. If the cowboys had just been shown on camera like wwe it'd be one thing, but hyping audience members just reeks of desperation.

Well sure, but why not both, I'd say? What's the harm in this? Even if it gets the people sitting near them cheering louder or having a better time, that's still a positive, and this company needs all the positives it can get right now to win back the hearts of the fans.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I don't care at all about this, but if TNA isn't paying him to appear then why not? No it probably won't sell a ton of tickets or get a ton of buzz, but this press release took what, five minutes to put together? If the Cowboys are just shown for a few seconds and shout at the camera a bit then what does it hurt? As long as TNA didn't pay them anything to appear (as TNA can apparently barely pay its backstage crew) and they don't take up a PPV segment, I see no problem with this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back