• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Genesis: *Spoiler* Mick Foley's TNA In Ring Debut

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
**Spoiler** If you do not want to be spoiled for the upcoming TNA iMPACT, please do not read on.

Mick Foley, AJ Styles & Brother Devon vs Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner & Booker T​

Well, this is a rather interesting match. It sells alone because of Foley's debut. But why waste his first match for TNA in a 6 man tag team match? I think it would be much more successful if he debuted in a one on one match. The guy is way past his prime, but he's not terrible in the ring. But if AJ Styles wasn't in this match, I wouldn't be interested in it at all.

This instantly leads me to believe that Samoa Joe will challenge Sting for the TNA Heavyweight Championship while Brother Ray will be out of action for a few weeks. The 6 man tag match itself should be fairly decent, but I'm not expecting anything special.

The result will certainly be interesting, but as the Main Event Mafia has been dominating pay per views as of late, this leads me to believe that the Frontline will finally get a win here as I think Foley will get the pinfal victory for his team. It should be a decent and lengthy six man tag match.

So instead of trying to promote his in ring return as something major, they're putting him in a 6-Man tag? Presumably they're doing this because he's grossly overweight and TNA don't expect him to pull much off.

TNA PPV's don't draw anyway, so they don't have anything to lose by promoting him in a singles match. Him vs. Sting could possibly draw for the company. Instead they'll do that down the line instead of doing it now. A bit like not promoting Booker before he became just another roster member.

Does anyone else find it strange how TNA is turning into what it said it wasn't. They love to brag how they are all about wrestling, and all about bringing in young indy talents, yet Sting is champion, they reley ridcolously on the star power of Angle, the fact that guys like Nash and Stiener are still in these sort of matches shows that TNA is full of rubbish. They have resorted to using name power over good booking and matches to get limited ratings, it's good for impact but like Y2Jake said bad for PPV's because there are never any good matches to make you want to buy but no-one buys anyway so it doesnt matter.

Well, at least the reason Foley's debut was involved in a 6-man tag match was revealed. He still sucks, and needs to stick to promos.

And Cute Kip? Seriously? How many people in the back were laughing on the inside at this? Not to mention, this makes adding Eric Young and Kaz to previous Main Event matches look like pure genius. I'd straight up FIRE who's ever idea it was to add Kip. Bad call.. very bad. And what's worse.. how many people believe Scott Steiner is completely pissed off about having Kip involved in the match, yet STEINER still had to be the guy taking the pin?! :lmao:

Darkshot mentioned it in his review, and I flat-out forgot it.. but it was the best part of the match..

Mick Foley has got so much ring-rust, he couldn't even hit someone with a chair properly. LOL Are you kidding me. And Booker sold it like a pro. Someone give that man the World title as well as the Legend's belt.

In the end, not even A.J. Styles could save this match with his high-risk. And Devon's top rope slip pretty much summed up the entire match.. "Oh shit, this feels so bad, better hold on til the end."

I didn't watch the match but I read the review. All I can say is WOW. Did we really just have a main event with Devon Dudley and Billy Gunn in it? And you thought Taker vs. the Dudleyz was bad. Making it a hardcore match was the only attempt to save this that they had and it still failed. Why in god's name was this the main event? You have the world title match with a decent little angle thrown in about not being able to find Rhyno for awhile. Do you have that little faith in Sting that you really think this was your best choice? What, was Rico not available? In the review it said that Gunn said the Cute Kip thing was an act. I don't know if he really said that , but if he did that has to be the worst excuse I've ever heard. "Oh I went from this allegedly bad ass guy to a flaming fashion expert on the off chance that a monster stable might form and hoping I could swerve you all." TNA, you may have hit a new level of stupidity. ANYONE would ahve been better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back