General TNA Lockdown 2008 Thread

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
lockdown08.gif

Dont just write what you think the matches are going to be. Give reasons.

Only match confirmed so far is​

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Kurt Angle(c) vs Samoa Joe​
Samoa Joe used his contract clause to get a title shot against the World Champion (who ever that will be) at Lockdown

I have to think that this could very well be the time that Joe gets the championship as with this damn contract storyline it only seems fitting. Thought you never know TNA could throw us a screwball and have Angle retain, but I just dont see that happening. Instead I see Joe winning, but not lasting long as champion as I think he will lose it as soon like at the annual KOTM in June. But Joe should win in a good match but we have seen it many times

I hate the Lockdown concept. For the past 3 years the Lethal Lockdown match has been the best on the whole card. Problem is that you've had to sit through about 7 other cage matches. It's overkill. Only TNA management, Disco Inferno and 10 year olds think this PPV idea is good. It's bullshit. They could keep the Lockdown name by just having Lethal Lockdown as the main event. If they did that the PPV would be something to look forward to.

I expect another electrified steel cage match. Because last years worked so well. People were shouting ''Fire Russo'' Which in TNA's eyes is great heat.

I'm hoping for Christian having a grudge match with Tomko and/or AJ(if they have a tag match). They either wont be able to help Angle, or wont want to if the alliance is disbanded. I doubt VKM is going to challenge for the title and other tag teams would have to be thrown in if they want to defend the title. I think the best option would be Christian and Nash stripping Tomko and Aj of their championship in a steel cage.

Okay, is that the actual poster they're using for the Lockdown p.p.v.? If it is, does anyone else get the feel that Ken Shamrock might take part in something? Possibly a guest Enforcer for the World Heavyweight Championship match, maybe?

Okay, is that the actual poster they're using for the Lockdown p.p.v.? If it is, does anyone else get the feel that Ken Shamrock might take part in something? Possibly a guest Enforcer for the World Heavyweight Championship match, maybe?

Lockdown is being held in Boston, I think that's where the little shamrock thing comes in, you know with them having a large Irish American population and all, I doubt Ken Shamrock is going to be involved, and don't really see what purpose having a guest enforcer would do anyway, there can't be any outside interference anyhow with the matches being held inside cages, so that would be pointless, then again we are talking about TNA here, they're all about the pointless shit anymore, especially if it involves bringing in a celebrity or athlete from a different sport to be involved in the match

Lockdown is being held in Boston, I think that's where the little shamrock thing comes in, you know with them having a large Irish American population and all, I doubt Ken Shamrock is going to be involved, and don't really see what purpose having a guest enforcer would do anyway, there can't be any outside interference anyhow with the matches being held inside cages, so that would be pointless, then again we are talking about TNA here, they're all about the pointless shit anymore, especially if it involves bringing in a celebrity or athlete from a different sport to be involved in the match

I agree that it seems stupid to have a Special Guest Enforcer in a Steel Cage match. However, A.) Ken Shamrock was their unofficial "first" N.W.A.-T.N.A. World Heavyweight Champion. So that part could make some type of sense. And it'd be the iconic value of the shamrock to have him be apart of it.

I wasn't thinking where the event was actually being held though. I always assume Florida. :lmao: I see T.N.A. as the "new version" of E.C.W. for the old. hahahaha (You know, they only stay in one area, but instead of a hardcore type setting, its a retirement area. lol)

I have always enjoyed the Lockdown PPV. When I first heard about it, I was like Jake, thinking to myself "damn, that's overkill. An entire PPV with cage matches?"

However, TNA hardly drops the ball at this PPV. They always have a great X-Division bout or two, a good grudge match, and of course the Lethal Lockdown is always an intriguing match. Thankfully, this year they are bringing back the World Title bout, it always seems to mean more when inside a cage.
And then, of course, you have the one guy who takes a sick fall / bump / dive from the top of the cage. Wonder who it'll be this year?

Anyway, besides the World Title bout, I expect to see continuations of the Storm / Rhino and Booker T / Roode feuds. Hopefully, they won't drop the ball in the World Title match, because they've held off on Samoa Joe winning it for too long. Win it already, and do it in memorable fashion. Jeez...

From what the reports are saying it looks like this ppv could be the one for Samoa Joe, getting his first Heavyweight Title in TNA.

I really like Lockdown too, last year we had some very good matches (even with the elecrified cage), we also saw the first signs of MCMG with that fantastic 6 way x division match.

Im sure there will be some good matches and some big changes coming.

TheOneBigWill's (early) Lockdown 2008 Predictions:

T.N.A. World Heavyweight Championship: Kurt Angle v. Samoa Joe: So apparently this is the only "known" match of the night, and chances are it'll replace the "Lethal Lockdown" match, since it'll be (most likely) Samoa Joe finally winning the T.N.A. Championship.

The storyline is that Joe isn't going to sign a contract, until he wins? the Championship. My question is, why (if you're a company playing this as real) would you give someone not under contract, a shot at your "best" title? This has the design to be an n.W.o. sighting in T.N.A. all over it.

I can get sick from picturing it now. Kevin Nash helps Joe win, the following iMPACT! they announce their own faction in T.N.A. along with likely Christian Cage, and possibly another couple of midcarders to follow. Bam.. World Champion - NOT "with T.N.A."

#1. Contender's Match: Christian Cage v. A.J. Styles: I'd love to see Christian get back into the mix of being a World Heavyweight Champion, however if Joe wins the title and they go with some alliance angle with Cage and Joe on the same side.. its likely that Styles will return to form of being a possile contender, only to be fed to Joe as his first feud/opponent.

Either way, the possibility of Cage v. Styles gives me goosebumps and I'm highly excited to see it happen. Its been building for sometime, and naturally it should happen here, since it'd be inside a cage where both guys can be locked away from showing ANY type of athletic ability to go outside the ring. :rolleyes:

T.N.A. Women's Championship: Awesome Kong v. Gail Kim: I think this would be Kong's worst match to have, since she doesn't technically have to be pinned, to lose. I don't think Kim would be the type to try and escape the cage to win.. however it could be something along the lines of Kong not understanding..

Which would lead to Kim on the top, outside portion of the cage, only to have Kong knock her off to the floor. Kim will's, Kong's confused, feud continues.

I like this element for both of them, because to be truthful, Kim doesn't have the size to match up against Kong, therefore she'll have to hit and run, and can use the cage to her advantage. However, if Kong gets ahold of her, she'll turn her into mence-meat.

Retirement Match: Team 3D v. Motor City Machineguns: Its not exactly what you think. When I say "retirement match" I mean more or less, if Team 3D loses, they leave the company. The stipulation on the end of 3D would be, if they win, they can drop that stupid weigh-in rule.

This would be the best likely way for 3D to either leave, or end their feud with MCMGs and move on to something else. I think it'd be absurd for Team 3D to in the end, go over the Guns, however anything is possible.

To be honest, I'm blatantly sick of this feud, its gone way too long and I hope that its actually already over. Unfortunately, I don't know how else they'd end the weigh-in storyline.

James War: Kip James v. B.G. James: The natural way for these two to end their feud before it drags on boringly, is to simply meet inside the cage. To be perfectly honest, I'd love to see these two fight, because when they split up originally in W.W.F., I loved their p.p.v. match they had on the card. (the same night Owen Hart passed away)

Booker T. v. Robert Roode: I have NO idea why this feud would progress this much longer, but its only natural that feuds end inside cages. So I somehow see either Roode winning at Destination X, or the match being a draw of some kind.

In being honest, I truly do enjoy watching these two fight. The only issue I have is, T.N.A. takes two people that their audience may love watching, then runs it into the ground by having them go at each other for 4 straight monthes.

Possible Matches:

Lethal Lockdown: Well, to be honest, if you want one, then make it for a #1. Contender's Match. Then place the individuals who're feuding inside. Christian Cage, Kevin Nash and Booker T. v. A.J. Styles, Tomko and Robert Roode.

You and I BOTH know this match seems HIGHLY possible. AND, it allows the Booker T/Robert Roode feud to continue/end within the mess of a 6 man match.

Predictions:

Title vs. Retirement Match:
- TNA Champion Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe

When was the retirement stipulation added? I hate how TNA isn't one live. Angle is still going to lose. I for one will be glad. I enjoy him. But I don't want to see anymore Joe & Angle for months. His selling of his ''firing'' will be awesome as well.

Lethal Lockdown (Wargames)
- Team Cage (Christian Cage, Sting, Kevin Nash, Rhino & Matt Morgan) vs. Team Tomko (Tomko, AJ Styles, Team 3D, "Cowboy" James Storm)

Sting isn't going to make his PPV return and lose. It's that simple. The teams are very odd. Thank fuck for A.J.

- TNA Women's Champion Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed vs. Gail Kim & ODB

Kim & Kong again? Jesus. It'll be intresting. But it's the same as every month. Kim and ODB win.

Xscape Match
*TNA X-Division champ Jay Lethal vs. Curry Man vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Johnny Devine vs. Shark Boy vs. Consequences Creed

Like most TNA matches it'll be entertaining. It's also not as stupid as in previous years. That honor goes to the multiple tag or women's match. Lethal wins.

Queen of the Cage
- Angelina Love vs. Velvet Sky vs. Salinas vs. Rhaka Khan vs. Traci vs. Christy Hemme vs. Jacqueline vs. Roxxi Laveaux

I couldn't give a shit. Just when I thought the women's division was going to be credible.

- Booker T & Sharmell vs. Robert Roode & Payton Banks

Been there done that. For six months now isn't it? Booker wins, but I really don't care.

- BG James vs. Kip James

It's astounding, time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely, not for very much longer
I've got to keep control

I remember doing the TIme Warp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling
Let's do the time warp again...
Let's do the time warp again!

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
Let's do the Time Warp again!

It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me
So you can't see me, no not at all
In another dimension, with voyeuristic intention
Well-secluded, I see all
With a bit of a mind flip
You're there in the time slip
And nothing can ever be the same
You're spaced out on sensation, like you're under sedation

Well I was walking down the street just a-having a think
When a snake of a guy gave me an evil wink
He shook me up, he took me by surprise
He had a pickup truck and the devil's eyes.
He stared at me and I felt a change
Time meant nothing, never would again

1998. Great year.

"Cuffed In the Cage" Match
- The Motor City Machineguns vs. The Latin American Xchange vs. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and Petey Williams vs. The Rock N' Rave Infection vs. Eric Young & Kaz vs. Black Reign & Rellik

I have to see this. Judy Bagwell On A Pole match has nothing on this. The outcome couldn't be less important.

This will be one of the most intresting shows of all time. Stupid, but intresting.

TheOneBigWill's T.N.A. Lockdown Predictions:

Title v. Retirement Match: TNA Champion Kurt Angle v. Samoa Joe: For the weeks building up to Lockdown, I suddenly think back to not remembering Samoa Joe having one iMPACT! match in between, meanwhile Kurt Angle has had a world of issues to deal with ranging from A.J. Styles & Tomko with their own Lockdown match, to Karen Angle leaving him, to Styles weird relationship with Karen, to Scott Steiner making it known he'll face the winner.

To add on top of everything, the odds are "stacked" against Samoa Joe as his career is on the line. Which in retrospect means the odds are stacked against Kurt Angle, because its rare if ever a person loses when their career is on the line.

This match is (hopefully) going to finish their going on two year rivalry. Personally I'm sick of watching them over and over, and a be it inside a cage, or with a career being on the line.. neither suddenly make me care to see it one more time. I see Samoa Joe winning to end their feud. I see Kurt Angle winning to continue to drag it out, with Joe returning as an M.M.A. fighter instead of a wrestler.

Lethal Lockdown: Team Cage (Christian Cage, Sting, Kevin Nash, Rhino & Matt Morgan) v. Team Tomko (Tomko, AJ Styles, Team 3D, "Cowboy" James Storm): I've said it before, I'll say it again. 10 guys is about 4 too many in one ring. Lethal Lockdown has worked with 8, but adding Matt Morgan and James Storm is just filling big names into no other place.

Personally, I don't see Team Cage winning because I see Matt Morgan making a statement against either Kevin Nash, or Sting, as being the true "big man/name" in T.N.A. It'll be interesting to see how far Morgan has come from his horrible days in the W.W.E.

Christian's rivalry with Styles and Tomko likely will fade to an end in this match, which is truly sad because I've wanted a Cage v. Styles match to happen for a while now. Team 3D, Rhino & James Storm have no purpose in this match other than to fill in names. I see Team Tomko winning IF Morgan turns. Otherwise, clean victory by Sting over Storm.

Women's Grudge Match: Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed v. Gail Kim & O.D.B.: On iMPACT! they mentioned ending Kong's undefeated reign of terror. Seeing as Kong isn't technically undefeated, I assume they mean since becoming Women's Champion. At any rate, I see Saeed being a bigger factor in this match than people wanna think.

I think Kim & O.D.B. will work average together, without any blow-ups or miscommunication, however I still see Kong winning in the end. The only way Kong drops this match, is if Saeed takes the loss.

X-Division Championship: Xscape Match: Jay Lethal v. Curry Man v. Sonjay Dutt v. Johnny Devine v. Shark Boy v. Consequences Creed: The main thing I hate the most is quite possibly the biggest talent in this match is Christopher Daniels (Curry Man) and he'll never even be used to the height of his ability. I can't see Shark Boy or Devine being a factor and will likely be eliminated 2nd and 3rd, after Shark Boy eliminates Curry Man.

The 3 big question marks are.. 1. Will Jay Lethal retain? 2. Will Sonjay become the Hogan, to Lethal's Savage? 3. Will Creed be a factor after his redebut on iMPACT!?

I think it'll come down to Lethal and Dutt, with Val playing an accidental role in costing Lethal the Championship. I don't see Creed being a factor, but I do see him lasting until the very end with Lethal & Dutt working together to take him out. Dutt wins if Val becomes a factor, otherwise Lethal retains.

Queen of the Cage: Angelina Love v. Velvet Sky v. Salinas v. Rhaka Khan v. Traci v. Christy Hemme v. Jacqueline v. Roxxi Laveaux v. Payton Banks: I have no fricken clue. All of them will brawl outside the ring until the first two enter the ring in which a match will be had.

I really can't see the two Knockouts having the final match to be the lesser ones. I see it coming down to Payton Banks & Traci Brooks. (If Banks is even in, which on iMPACT! they claimed she was) If not, then I say Jacqueline & Khan. I have no clue for a winner. Traci over Banks. Khan over Jackie. Salinas over Hemme. Roxxi over either Sky or Love.

Grudge Match: Booker T & Sharmell v. Robert Roode & Payton Banks: The final chapter (I assume) in their multiple month long history. Since debuting in T.N.A. Roode has been the only main guy Booker has worked with. I don't know if this is because they wanna push Roode as hard as possible over Booker, or if its because they wanna get Booker used to working with a T.N.A. regular, in a T.N.A. ring.

Either way, adding the females in the final chapter is a mistake as it'll destroy most of the fire within the match. I get the purpose, especially with Sharmell likely picking up the final victory over pinning Roode. However, the entire match will likely be Booker trying to keep her out of danger. Booker T. & Sharmell win the finale.

Former Partners Collide: BG James vs. Kip James: I've waited for this match to (re)happen for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing it, and I hope it isn't complete crap. The only thing I'm disappointed in, is the entire build to this match has been in "Rough Cut" video diary clips.

That to me says mainly one thing. T.N.A. feels neither guy can carry this feud in telling it through in-ring action. I sadly hope that something big happens at Lockdown for both of them in this match, otherwise win or lose, neither guy will go anywhere from the outcome. I think if this feud dies in this match, Kip James will go over since the last time B.G. went over.

"Cuffed In the Cage" Match: The Motor City Machineguns v. The Latin American Xchange v. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and Petey Williams v. The Rock N' Rave Infection v. Eric Young & Kaz v. Black Reign & Rellik: 10 guys, 12 guys, 20 guys. When will T.N.A. learn that the more you pack into the ring, doesn't mean the higher the quality?

I don't see the purpose of this match. The winner wouldn't likely get a Tag Team Championship match as L.A.X. still haven't received their match that they earned last month. You have multiple feuds within this match, none of which are apparently big enough to build on their own.

Eric Young against the Monsters. Super Eric isn't involved in this match, which means Young & Kaz will lose. The Monsters aren't big enough to go over those that don't believe in them, so they'll lose too.

Rock n' Rave Infection & L.A.X. have been feuding for monthes without it truly going anywhere. I see Hoyt & Rave dropping fairly quickly in this match, meanwhile L.A.X. might make it to the very end. If not win the whole thing.

The Guns have been dropping matches left and right to everyone, if anything I see them picking up the victory just to get back to a solid level that isn't considered jobbing. However Petey Williams recent hair cut makes me think that he & Steiner will go over here, otherwise Williams hair loss may be for nothing.

Overall: I love the Pay Per View because while they oversell the Cage with every match, its still a unique p.p.v. that sadly W.W.E. probably is wishing they tried themselves. I'm excited to see the Former Partner's match, as well as the Lethal Lockdown match. Outside of that, the Main Event is nothing to me, as its too predictable short of them dragging the feud on.

So I'm doomed either way. I either accept Joe becoming the next World Heavyweight Champion here, or I bare witness to 5 more monthes of total non-stop crap between these two continuing. I can't agree with having 2 solid diva/knockout matches, then half of one with the inter-gender match. I wish Booker & Roode could've simply had a final single's match.. I doubt it'll kill either guy anymore than the drawn out feud already has.

I'm curious to see where they'll go with Lethal & Val, and if Lethal might take a heel turn into a "King" version of Savage. That'd be awesome, in my opinion. Outside of that, I have no true opinion of whether this will be worth remembering in a month's time.

Overall: I love the Pay Per View because while they oversell the Cage with every match, its still a unique p.p.v. that sadly W.W.E. probably is wishing they tried themselves.

Dusty Rhodes came up with the idea. He's always been a fan of gimmicks. This PPV is stupid. I suspect that there are plenty of other shitty ideas that have been suggest to WWE but Vince & Co aren't as easily persuaded as some of the staff at TNA appear to be.

Dusty Rhodes came up with the idea. He's always been a fan of gimmicks. This PPV is stupid. I suspect that there are plenty of other shitty ideas that have been suggest to WWE but Vince & Co aren't as easily persuaded as some of the staff at TNA appear to be.

W.W.E.'s answer to Lockdown, is actually One Night Stand's night o' gimmicks. And personally, I'd choice O.N.S. over Lockdown anyday, because I love me some gimmicks.

I knew Dusty actually came up with the concept. Back then, it was still during the opening stages of T.N.A. hosting a Pay Per View every month.. they pretty much didn't have a choice, as they wanted something that wasn't "plan" as seen as just another monthly event.

Well, I personally love the concept of Lockdown. One Night Stand was cool in 2005 and 2006. But, when they had Vince win the ECW title it made the show a complete bomb. I mean think about Lockdown, every match inside a steel cage and you have two or three concepts in the cage, that is fuckin awesome, fuck WWE and TNA I fuckin love you

So far I feel like asking the cable company for a refund. Every match in a cage and the most blood to this point (all 10 in cage) has been a couple of scratches during the 6 team event earlier?

Some great spots...but overall this has been a waste.

Wait...D-Von just juiced....

TheOneBigWill's 'take' on T.N.A. Lockdown: April 13th, 2008:

1.X-Division Championship: X-scape match: Jay Lethal (c.) v. Sonjay Dutt v. Curry Man v. Shark Boy v. Johnny Devine v. Consequences Creed: So for storyline purposes the match didn't go exactly how I figured it would. In fact, I went downstairs to get a drink and when I came back Sonjay Dutt had already been eliminated by a roll-up via Johnny Devine. So thats where I came in.

Shark Boy was the next to go, dispite T.N.A. claiming hes over huge everywhere they go, apparently his talent isn't because they didn't push him worth a crap in this match. Devine really showed a lot to me in this match, that included a shooting star press. A lot of high risk, high reward payoffs in this match that seen Curry Man with a flip splash onto Devine & Creed.

The ending came down to Curry Man, Devine & Lethal until Devine hits his finish on Curry to send him home for the night. (anyone who says Triple H. does the best pedigree apparently hasn't seen Devine's better version - piledriver/pedigree mix, ala Kid Kash's old finish)

Devine uses the tap on his wrists to tap Lethal to the ropes, allowing Devine the early opening to exit from the cage. Sonjay remained at ringside with So Cal Val the entire match and when Devine went to leave the cage, Dutt refused to let him through the door. Devine began climbing the cage, at which point Dutt gave scissors to Lethal, to free him. It became a race to get out, as Devine was over the top, only for Lethal to sprint toward the door, sacrificing his body as he suicide dives through the ropes to the floor winning the match and retaining his Championship.

2.Queen of the Cage: Christy Hemme v. Salinas v. Jacqueline v. Traci Brooks v. Angelina Love v. Velvet Sky v. Rhaka Khan v. Roxxi Laveaux: Dispite this being a horrible match, its still sadly better than anything the W.W.E. can put on.. and that says a ton.

Angelina Love climbs up the cage as all the others are fighting and noone decides to stop her. Love is the first to enter and awaits her opponent. Velvet Sky looked to be a solid shoe in to be the opponent (which as they're partners, would've been rather interesting) however Sky was stopped short and Roxxi ended up making it up and over before, so the match was set. Roxxi v. Love:

The overall match between Roxxi & Love wasn't horrible, but not really something too great. Overall pretty average, at best. The only part I loved was Roxxi picking up the victory with that sick finisher she has. Apparently she used it on iMPACT! and somehow I failed to see it. Anyone who hasn't seen this, its a version of a sit-out powerbomb, but she pretty much armlocks the opponents arm behind them, lifts them up in a version of a gulliotine choke, only to lay them out in a power-bomb.

3. Former Partners Collide: B.G. James v. Kip James: One of the matches I was looking forward to all night, and it didn't disappoint except for the ending. Kip had total control of this match throughout and was pretty dominate. He screwed up when going for what looked to be a Fameasser from the top rope, and B.G. moved. From that point on, B.G. took control and ended up winning the match with a roll-up. :disappointed:

The ending is what was far more interesting, as B.G. offers his hand, picking Kip up and shaking his hand in the end. I was about to get pissed that this was gonna end with them suddenly putting aside their differences and going in their own directions, until Kip raised B.G.'s arm, only to lay him out with a clothesline. While this isn't a feud I welcome for the next 6 monthes, I am glad Kip got the final blow in.. I suppose this works for both of them, as B.G. wins the war, but Kip made a lasting statement.

4. Cuffed in the Cage: L.A.X. v. Rock n' Rave Infection v. Black Reign & Rellik v. Eric Young & Kaz v. Motor City Machineguns v. Scott Steiner & Petey Williams: The first thing I'm going to say is.. 12 guys + 1 ring = cluster-f*ck. And Petey Williams shaved his head, for nothing.

This match was horrible to say the very least. Eric Young was attacked right before the match and didn't make it out with Kaz. During the match, Young comes out, only to get scared away by the 'monsters.' Scott Steiner was dominate early on in the match, which proved to be his downfall after every other guy in the ring (minus Petey, of course) jumped him and handcuffed him first.

The Machineguns were eliminated pretty early in the match, which continues to make me think they pissed off someone high up in creative. Nothing too massive happened, except when the final two teams came down to Rock n' Rave Infection & Blackdust & Rellik. Until, tragedy struck and Super tard's music ques up. Young comes out, dives off the top of the cage and ends up ultimately winning the match.

The only remotely funny things were.. A.) He played a magic trick in which I swear he got handcuffed, only for Rellik to be the guy getting cuffed. Then B.) After he won, he broke Kaz's cuffed from the ropes, and they stood posing in the ring, while all the other faces applauded them. (How low did this set back their Tag Team division, for all the more talented teams to applaud a guy who's a few screws loose?)

Overall, Kaz was awesome in this match and the guy needs to be repushed in single's matches for either the X-Division Championship, or at least a nice Main Event push against Robert Roode, James Storm, and others like that.

5. O.D.B. & Gail Kim v. Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed: By far, in my opinion, this match far surpassed anything Women's wrestling could ever do in the W.W.E. Cheerleader Melissa aka Raisha Saeed is my new favorite Knockout in T.N.A., holy crap did she amaze in this match. I was a bit upset that she didn't do a couple regular moves of hers, and I was pissed that Gail Kim & O.D.B. picked up the victory over pinning her.. which resulted in us not seeing what finisher she'll use..

However, the best part of the match by far had to be when she took her foot and repeatedly rammed it into Kim's head, against the cage, from the top rope. Kong barely seen any action, as Saeed carried this whole match and did NOT disappoint. Holy crap did this match amaze the shit out of me! Match of the Night!

6. Booker T. & Sharmell v. Robert Roode & Payton Banks: The entire first portion of this match was Robert Roode beating the complete crap out of Booker T., and constantly trying to get Sharmell to tag in. When Booker finally got the advantage, the first thing he decides to do instead of catch some wind.. is a fricken spinaroonie :wtf: I mean seriously.. if you've just taken an ass whipping for 5-10 minutes, why when you get the advantage on your side, would the first thing you do, be entertaining the fans. (Apparently hes taken a page outta Sly's book)

So, the ending came on Sharmell finally making the tag and unloading with slaps of fury on Roode, who then discovered that hes a male and they don't hurt. This turns into him grabbing Sharmell, showing off his manly power in dominating her to the ground, then Piggy Banks decides to forcefully tag in. (the hell?) Upon doing so, Roode at first questioned it.. then held Sharmell and told Banks to take the shot.

Banks instead turned to bitch at Booker T. and Sharmell took this chance to low blow Roode, then move. Banks (who had no clue) turns and delivers the knockout slap.. to Roode. Sharmell quickly rolls up Banks, for the 1-2-3 and Booker's feud with Roode is apparently ended like that.

The ending saw Banks receive the same treatment Ms. Brooks did, with being called an idiot, blamed for everything, and left crying in the ring. Something tells me the end result of all of this will be Roode against Awesome Kong. :confused: Don't know why exactly, but Roode seems to be building himself up as a Woman hater/beater. By the way, whenever hes done with teaching them about the kitchen.. I think he deserves a World Championship push.. no wonder he has the gimmick he does, the guy is solid money, in my opinion! :lmao:

7. Team Cage v. Team Tomko: Not nearly as awful as I thought it was going to be. Well, until all 10 men were in the ring.. then it turned to shit. I highly enjoyed the 5 minute beginning in which we seen Christian Cage v. A.J. Styles. I'm hoping that a single's match between these two is still had at some point, very, very soon.

Matt Morgan impressed me overall as a lot better than what he was in his W.W.E. stints. Sting was barely rememberable throughout this match. And poor Tomko wasn't remembered any more either, especially for being a team captain.

Cage and Storm went to the top of the cage, at which Storm's foot went through it. I'm assuming it was planned, but if it wasn't then their sudden fear of jumping and moving on the top showed through. They sat up a ladder and a table, Styles found his way up, and somehow Cage and Styles went through the table, off the ladder. Storm found his way back down into the ring, only to be GORED TO HELL! by Rhino for the victory.

T.N.A World Heavyweight Championship: Championship v. Career: Kurt Angle (c.) v. Samoa Joe: I have two opinions on this match. Professional and Personal. Personally, it sucked. Professionally, they did the only thing they truly could've to keep this from being just another rematch. They made it innovative by having Angle and Joe fight M.M.A. style.

Now going back to personal, I felt it sucked because if I wanted to watch U.F.C. or M.M.A. crap.. I wouldn't of ordered T.N.A. WRESTLING. Furthermore, Angle looked like a dork (nothing new I suppose) in trying to pull off being a bad ass in M.M.A. shorts/gear. He didn't wrestle in boots, he taped up his feet. He didn't have on a wrestling singlet, he wore shorts.

Half way through the beginning of the shoot fight, or whatever you wanna call it, when they realized the fans were bored.. they turned to what they were hired for. WRESTLING! Which in itself was nothing too special, a couple great spots here and there, but in the end, Joe hits a muscle buster for a 1-2-3, and Angle didn't even fight to keep the match going. Joe wins, no big surprise, new World Champion. yay.

Overall Thoughts: Most likely one of the best Lockdown's to date. The Xscape match could've been better with a Dutt/Lethal ending, instead of Devine/Lethal, which I don't think anyone felt Devine had a real shot to begin with.

The Queen of the Cage was crap, especially since I've never liked the idea of fighting to get IN the ring.. when they should've just had them fight to escape the cage. Would've been much better. Overall, if you look at it I suppose the match wasn't horrible, and Roxxi's finisher is deadly.

Cuffed in the Cage was about like its female counterpart.. horrible. Seeing 11 guys cuffed around the ring when the whole thing was finished was the dumbest scene possible. Just assuming all 11 guys stood there thinking to themselves.. "Yeah, this sells." is pretty outrageous. Meanwhile Young and this Super Eric crap is getting more annoying than anything. I'd almost rather cheer Shark Boy.. ALMOST.

The worst part is, do you think L.A.X. remained cuffed thinking that #1. contender spot they hold now means more or less shit, seeing as to how they jobbed in a pointless match.

B.G. & Kip could've been better, could've been a lot worse. I think they'll have a rematch at Sacrifice, but with a built-in gimmick of some kind. Likely a street fight.

I'm honestly not impressed with Booker T, and dispite losing tonight proved to me yet again how over Roode is as a jackass. The people truly love to hate the guy, and hes more or less becoming T.N.A.'s Randy Orton, or even Edge. The announcers even stated if he would've hit Sharmell or Banks, it would've caused a riot. I would've LOVED to seen a riot. Roode deserves a push.. a big one.

Raisha Saeed!!! I can't get the heck over her. I love her. LOVE! I hope she wrestles on iMPACT! it'll give me something to wanna tune in to see. Kong can piss off, Saeed can take over. O.D.B. can just go away.

From the Cage/Tomko mess the only big thing I see happening is Cage & Nash/Sting/Rhino against Tomko & Styles next month. Morgan will likely fade for a bit, but he has improved.

Angle in M.M.A. form works for me as much as Big Show in sumo form. Just take a moment to factor that in. Overall, great Pay Per View. Definately not their absolute best.. but way above their recent monthes.

1: XScape match - It wasent the best match ever thats all I can say
2: Booker,Sharmel,Roode,Banks match - pretty boring if you ask me
3: Kong,Sheed,ODB,Kim match - I say around a okay match no best
4: BG and Kip James match - Its up there as one of the best matches I've seen
5: Queen of Cage match - What the hell was that it didnt even make any since
6: Cuffed in Cage match - I liked this specially Eric Young
7: Lethal Lockdown match - best ever ladder and table above the structure yeah!!!!
8: Angle Joe match - not as good as WWE but very nice match for JOE!!!!!!

Overall i think that Lockdown was a solid pay per view, it had some good moments but not all of it was great. so for anyone who cares heres my opinion of all the matches

Xscape match
a really solid match and a good way to open the pay per view. I was surprised that dutt got eliminated so quickly as i thought this may have been the time that dutt turns on lethal. But anyway this match had all the great action you would expect from an x-division match, including an amazing senton from the top of the cage by curry man (which don west called a moonsault, what an idiot!). so it went down to devine and lethal after devine hit his awesome finisher on curryman. and then lethal got the win when devine needlessly hesitated on the top of the cage. but still this was a good match and i enjoyed it

Queen of the Cage match
didnt really like this, the stipulation of climbing into the caged seem pointless as the outside part only lasted 2 minutes, and the match inside the cage between roxxi and angelina love was average.

B.G. James vs. Kip James
pretty good match, iv never been that interested in this feud but thats just my opinion.

Cuffed in the Cage
This match had potential but there were to many people in the cage and it was difficult to keep up with the action. and there was some good action, especially the crackerjack into the cage and the flux capacitor on jimmy rave (i enjoy seeing jimmy rave get hurt). super eric got the win, and then broke kaz's handcuffs which looked pretty stupid but overall it was o.k.

Gail kim and ODB vs Awesome kong and Raisha Saeed
Another good match. Raisha Saeed looks awesome in the ring, i don't watch indies so iv never seen her wrestle before but i was impressed. Gail kim and ODB won and i thought all four participants did a good job, and i was suprised to see the cage used so much in a womens match.

Booker T and Sharmell vs. Robert Roode and Peyton Banks
Good match but a stupid finish. everything was going great until sharmell tagged in and started unleashing the windmill slaps on roode lol. and the fact that sharmell pinned banks may suggest that this feud isnt over, which it should be by now.

Lethal Lockdown
Started off great with A.J, a Christian doing a lot of counters and some good back and forth action, continued good and team cage got the win. not much to say, good match IMO. the stop on top of the cage looked really dangerous.

Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe
Finally the main event. They really did try to make this like MMA it started with samoa joe walking through the corridors backstage just like a fighter would in the UFC, then the same with kurt angle who was wearing shorts and had taped feet, just like an MMA fighter. then kurt got security to force karen out of the arena, it kinda shocked me to hear karen say the F word lol. so the match begins and the two begin circling each other and throwing some punches and kicks that all miss, then there were a few takedowns, frank trigg called samoa joe fat lol, few more takedowns and then finally a belly to belly suplex by angle, yay a wrestling move. after that the match started to heat up a bit and i started to enjoy it more. there were a lot of sumbissions which i think lasted too long but in the end samoa joe won with the muscle buster. and seeing joe with the belt was a good way to end a good pay per view.

i think tat kurt angle shouldvve sucked joes balls and cumed out into a poolof cum 4 booker 2 jump in

I think there saving this for sacrifice lol

1: XScape match - It wasent the best match ever thats all I can say

What are you basing "best match ever" status off of? It was an above average X-Division match compared to a lot of what we've seen lately. No, it wasn't their best "ever." However it was their best within recent monthes.

2: Booker,Sharmel,Roode,Banks match - pretty boring if you ask me

Agreed. I think people simply got bored with this feud, and the end result was fans not getting too overly emotional until Roode got his hands on Sharmell.. which then turned into nothing. The greatest part of the match would be the ending, when Roode almost decked Banks for losing.

I still think he should've, then on iMPACT! she should've apologized to him, and made him look like even more of a dick for basically giving him a free pass for hitting her. Roode for World Champion, all I gotta say.

3: Kong,Sheed,ODB,Kim match - I say around a okay match no best

:wtf: What in the hell is wrong with you? "Around an okay match" -- Did you even watch the match? Saeed is a Goddess. She single handedly carried this entire match and was dominate in her "unknown" debut. She made Kong look weak as a Champion, as Saeed was the one who did everything, while the few things Kong did do.. resulted in her being double teamed and looked over-comeable.

Go watch this match again, and until you can praise Saeed the way she deserves to be praised, do not speak of her as "okay." :disappointed:

4: BG and Kip James match - Its up there as one of the best matches I've seen

:eek3: So.. the Women's match was "okay" but this match was "up there as one of the best?" This, this is what you base "best" off of? No wonder the x-division & women's tag team matches were average and okay to you. Apparently best to you, means talentless shit.

This match was above par for what Kip & B.G. are capable of. Best in their terms, absolutely. Best in wrestling match terms.. hahaha hahahahahahaha Not even hardly.

5: Queen of Cage match - What the hell was that it didnt even make any since

Two women climbed inside a cage to have a match, how'd it not make sense? Roxxi got pushed as the winner, got revenge on one half of the "Beautiful People" and will likely get the other one on iMPACT! How does revenge and feuds not make sense to you?

6: Cuffed in Cage match - I liked this specially Eric Young

:headscratch: You are a warped T.N.A. fan. I bet you mark out like crazy for Shark Boy too, don't ya? This match had no purpose other than to showcase Eric Young as the best talent in the entire match..

A match, I might add, that held both Motor City Machineguns, Kaz, L.A.X., Petey Williams & the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Champion, Scott Steiner.

Yeah.. Eric Young had EVERY right to be the main guy going over in this match. (note the sarcasm)

7: Lethal Lockdown match - best ever ladder and table above the structure yeah!!!!

By leaps and bounds, this Lethal Lockdown was.. not.. better than all the rest. However it was definately more heated than some of the others. The roof/top of the cage spot looked bad simply because Storm & Cage looked scared to be up there.

Nothing note-worthy happened between any of the big names, and Sting more or less was just a guy in the cage, who faded into a blur. He had no big moment, other than being the last guy out.

Great match, absolutely. But I wouldn't consider this to be the best ever.

8: Angle Joe match - not as good as WWE but very nice match for JOE!!!!!!

Well.. considering the W.W.E. hasn't really done a lot with M.M.A. fighting and matches of that nature, short of Ken Shamrock's lion's den.. (flop) I'd say T.N.A. out-shined W.W.E. with this style of match.

Sadly, as I said in my review.. if I wanted to watch M.M.A./U.F.C. crap, I'd of ordered one of those Pay Per Views instead of the one with "wrestling" in the title.

Samoa Joe going over wasn't honestly a shock to anyone. "I" had hopes that T.N.A. would pull a swerve, but they weren't creatively smart enough to wanna do that. They went with the easy, logical, and simply choice of merely giving Joe the Championship about a year too late.

I can only he drops it in June, during their Slammiversary 5 man King of the Mountain ladder match.

The Joe vs. Angle match was a prime example of why neither man is that good of a worker.

Instead of building to an incredibly climatic finish, the ending was more anti-climatic than the rest of the match. They built the match up well, and then bombed the finish. Instead of doing the last ten minutes of the match with multiple submission holds that sucked the life out of the crowd, they should have done that first, and then built steam for the finale, ending with a huge pop inducing Muscle Buster for the win.

That match right there is a prime example of why both men are terribly overrated in the ring.

First half of match: **** Ending of the match: ** Overall rating ***

I have not seen the Angle v Joe match as TNA or WWE dont interest me one bit. I want to see this match as I want to see how good it is. I have seen Meltzer and Alverez talk as if it was out of this world but I am sceptical. I have no probem with 'shoot style' as nobody says u cant do 'shoot style' wrestling. 'Shoot' style does not mean MMA. What do u think Pro-wrestling is in its purest form? 'Shoot' style has been around for decades. Before MMA became popular in Japan u had UWF, UWFI, RINGS, Pancrase, Pro-wrestling Kingdom, Battlearts and others which promoted Pro-wrestling but it was l'shoot' style. I love watching this style just as I love watching MMA. There is a difference. It seems to me Vince Mcmahon has brainswashed everyone for decades so people think Pro-wrestling must be done a certain way. Anyway thats my rant over. I am interested to see how this match compares to a UWFI or the 'shoot' style stuff from Japan. That stuff was amazing. really fantastic stuff and I doubt whether Angle and Joe could do it at that level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back