• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Sports Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand cap room, and over paid salaries are what create issues for Football teams to keep stars, however are there just moments in time you stop to question what the hell selective teams are doing, releasing selective players?

Carolina has released Dan Morgan (MLB) and Mike Wahle. (OL) Now, Morgan isn't a big loss since hes truly spent the previous 3 seasons for the most part on I.R., however Wahle was a truly great OL guy, and losing him (in my opinion) is going to truly hurt us worse. I thought we had a decent line, dispite the issues at QB this past season.. and losing Wahle is definately gonna create a setback.

Now, in other news.. the Bears released Muhsin Muhammad, obviously the reason why is likely because he wasn't producing worth anything. However, I'm hoping Carolina somehow tries to bring him back. Dispite his age, I firmly believe the reason for his lack of success in Chicago wasn't due to his age, or lack of ability.. rather the QB issue they had.. and lack of WRs.

If Carolina can bring Muhsin back, I think we'd once again be a great threat at the WR position. I also think upon doing that, it'd help our running game open up greatly.. which brings me to my final pissed off point.

Carolina is apparently looking to trade (or drop) Deshaun Foster. (who was our starting RB) I understand that we have DeAngelo Williams, and Williams is the future.. however I don't think its wise to cut one half of a double RB duo. If history has proved anything, it proves you need depth at the RB position. Foster may not be "great" but hes good (in my opinion) and if we lose him, the more important situation is.. what would we be left with? Williams starting, and Nick Goings being the 2nd string?!

I see what your saying, one of those moments that made me question the team was when the Falcons released Alge Crumpler. Seriously wtf is wrong with them, the only bright spot on their team and they effin release him. He WAS the Falcons offense, the only receiver that wouldnt drop a pass everytime he was thrown too. Their receivers are crap, Actually their whole offense is crap. Now its even worse when you releasethe best part of your offense.

And if they try to bring it off that their was salary cap issues, plain out bull. Like i said before, there are plenty of horrible guys to be cut/traded to make room to keep Crumpler, when i saw they released him, i was in shock.

I see what your saying, one of those moments that made me question the team was when the Falcons released Alge Crumpler. Seriously wtf is wrong with them, the only bright spot on their team and they effin release him. He WAS the Falcons offense, the only receiver that wouldnt drop a pass everytime he was thrown too. Their receivers are crap, Actually their whole offense is crap. Now its even worse when you releasethe best part of your offense.

And if they try to bring it off that their was salary cap issues, plain out bull. Like i said before, there are plenty of horrible guys to be cut/traded to make room to keep Crumpler, when i saw they released him, i was in shock.

Yeah, everyone was rambling on about Crumpler being older and slower.. but you know what, this was the first season (I think) that he hadn't been the top receiver, or reached like 1,000 yds?! Something like that.. I'm not sure, I'd have to double check the numbers. Anyways, the point I'm getting at is.. I hope Carolina makes a stride to sign Crumpler. :lmao: I don't give a shit that he's old.. we need a vet. TE.

Also, I love how the Falcons are apparently sticking with Harrington, as they've cut Leftwich. Not that it was a huge loss.. but its just ironic. On a side note, I'm still hoping we cut David Carr or trade him for a top quality WR.

One final thing. You do realize Roddy White had a HUGE breakout season. I get that he's not a rookie, or anything. (isn't this his 3rd-4th season) But still, he had an amazing year.. I'm curious if he'll end up having a Colston type next season.

Yea, Roddy White had a breakout season, but thats 1 year, like all receivers i wanna see him do it every year, put up big numbers and show that you are a top receiver. Alge Crumpler isnt that old, 30. Tony Gonzalez is about the same age, i think a year older and he's still putting up numbers, pro bowl seasons. Crumpler had an off year, plenty of top players have off years and come back strong the next.

I think he would be great in Carolina, but Carolina needs to fix up their QB position. Delhomme had elbow surgery, so im hoping that doesnt hamper his throwing, i cant forget if he had surgery on his throwing arm or not. Matt Moore has potential, so maybe he can put up some big numbers in the near future

Yea, Roddy White had a breakout season, but thats 1 year, like all receivers i wanna see him do it every year, put up big numbers and show that you are a top receiver. Alge Crumpler isnt that old, 30. Tony Gonzalez is about the same age, i think a year older and he's still putting up numbers, pro bowl seasons. Crumpler had an off year, plenty of top players have off years and come back strong the next.

See, you want for Roddy White, what "I" want for Drew Carter. Carter has the breakaway speed that allows him to be a deep threat, but unfortunately he has major problems with not coming down with the much needed catches. Colbert is the exact same way. Which, it really amazes me how easy both WRs truly have it.. since all of the DBs on any Defense should really mainly all be focused on where Steve Smith is all the time, anyways.

I think he would be great in Carolina, but Carolina needs to fix up their QB position. Delhomme had elbow surgery, so im hoping that doesnt hamper his throwing, i cant forget if he had surgery on his throwing arm or not. Matt Moore has potential, so maybe he can put up some big numbers in the near future

I'm worried about Delhomme because of his injury as well. And its gonna sound horrible, but "I" don't even know if his injury was to his throwing arm, but I honestly think it was, because if it wasn't.. then I don't see why he wouldn't of finished the season. Kurt Warner had a similar injury, yet finished the season. The thing I'm worried about, is this is the second year in a row, that Delhomme has ended the season with an injury of some kind to his arm/hand.

Also, Matt Moore really showed me a lot during the end of the season. Its the type of playing quality I wish we would've went with him toward the middle of the season, then maybe we could've had a shot at the playoffs. (I'll always think that if we simply beat the Falcons the second time around, that we would've ended up in the playoffs)

I definately think Matt Moore has a potential future with Carolina, especially because David Carr bombed big time. And really, there shouldn't of been any excuse for that. Carr had NO O-Line in Houston, he had something in Carolina. Carr had one solid WR in Houston, with a lot of iffy WRs under that.. same in Carolina. No reason why Carr shouldn't of improved and played better, even if it was his first year with the team.

*sigh* :disappointed: Its like each year Carolina does something in the off-season that in their minds they feel is a good move, but ultimately is just completely ******ed.

The Carolina Panthers cut DeShaun Foster, clearing up about 4.75 Million in cap space.

Honestly, I get the need to have money for big moves. But last year, the only "big move" we made, was signing a dumbass back-up Quarterback, that upon getting put into the game when our starter actually went out for the season.. he did so little, that we resorted to signing a 40 plus year old man to play for us. I want Vintage back, sell the used Carr already. And cut cutting valuable members of the team, that actually provide useful in selective parts.

Seriously, Foster upon carrying for 15 or more times, lead Carolina to like a 20-1 record. Foster, upon rushing for over 100 yds., lead Carolina to something similar. So obviously, dispite him having several injuries and being iffy at best, its showing through statistical numbers that he was at least valuable to the team.

Now what are we left with? DeAngelo Williams, going into his 3rd year.. and hes been injured somewhat in each of his first two. He will likely NOT be capable of carrying the full load at RB. Thus, we need another talented star. So who's in FA thats a possible choice? Julius Jones I've heard. But I'm not sold on him.

Corey Dillon is still out there. Old, yes, but effective. Dillon and Williams could do for Carolina, what Dillon and Maroney did for New England?!

Also, the Cleveland Browns were smart. They signed Jamal Lewis to a nice 3 yr. contract. I think Lewis is a good fit for the Browns, but until they fix their Defensive issues, I doubt they'll do much.

So the NFL combine is going on right now, and with the beauty of Dish Network i got the NFL Network to watch it all! It's pretty interesting, and i know that some of the workouts on there are "over rated" such as the bench press and the 40 because those 2 can make or break you during the draft time, even though you can be an excellent football player.

One example of this so far at the combine is Michigans WR Mario Manningham. Everyone was expecting for him to run in the 4.3 - 4.4 range, but he ends up running a 4.59. They were criticizing how he's such a speed player and ran that time it was disappointing. Fact of the matter is in reality is that he is a great football player. Correct me if im mistaken but didn't Jerry Rice run a 4.6 in his 40? Now he's the greatest receiver and perhaps even the greatest player in the history of the NFL. In no way am i saying Manningham will be the next rice, but Rice showed that sometimes the 40 yard dash is just a spectacle and means nothing. During his WR drills, he was catching everything thrown to him. Isn't that what WR's are supposed to do? Catch the ball?

Now onto Darren McFadden. If the 40 is a spectacle, the put on a great show. 4.33 which is an insane time. During his running back drills, he showed great change of direction, great reaction time, and great bursts of speed. He had somewhere in the range of a 33 inch vertical.

DeSean Jackson, the speedy receiver from California ran i think a 4.35, people were expecting him to run in a 4.29 but anyone who has seen him play college knows he is one of the fastest players in this draft, 4.29 or not. He's more polished that Tedd Ginn was last year. I didnt see him do the receiver drills, so i don't know if he participated in them or not.

Jake Long, OT from Michigan did awesome. He put up 225 around 35 times, maybe a little more not sure. They said his 40 disappointed, but wtf i didnt know offensive lineman were gonna be 40 yards downfield during a play anyway. During his blocking drills however he did great. Quick feet, great reaction time, great workout.

and on a side note, Chris Johnson, running back from East Carolina, also put on a show in the 40, he ran a 4.24. Crazy

So the NFL combine is going on right now, and with the beauty of Dish Network i got the NFL Network to watch it all! It's pretty interesting, and i know that some of the workouts on there are "over rated" such as the bench press and the 40 because those 2 can make or break you during the draft time, even though you can be an excellent football player.

Yeah, ever since having NFL Network from my satelite provider, its like my primary channel. Its either that, or ESPN-news. I wasn't really ever into watching the Combine however. I dispise this time of the year, because I wanna get deep into the thick of free agency signings. And its less than a week away from the start. (29th I believe)

In no way am i saying Manningham will be the next rice, but Rice showed that sometimes the 40 yard dash is just a spectacle and means nothing. During his WR drills, he was catching everything thrown to him. Isn't that what WR's are supposed to do? Catch the ball?

How overrated are those drills though? Hes running proper routes and catching balls without anyone covering him. Yes, WRs are suppose to catch passes, but the definate answer is.. they're suppose to be capable of catching everything thrown to them, while being drilled from all sides as well. And thats something (to my knowledge) you won't see in the combine. :lmao:

Now onto Darren McFadden. If the 40 is a spectacle, the put on a great show. 4.33 which is an insane time. During his running back drills, he showed great change of direction, great reaction time, and great bursts of speed. He had somewhere in the range of a 33 inch vertical.

Where do you really think he'll end up? I haven't followed this year's draft as closely as I have the previous two, but if I were to look at the list of the draft picks.. the first two picks belong to the Dolphins, who have Ronnie Brown.. and the Rams, who have Steven Jackson. So I doubt he'll go to either of those teams.

I could see the Rams trading down, but if the list stays the way it is, I could definately see McFadden going at the #3. spot to the Atlanta Falcons. Simply because Warrick Dunn isn't producing greatly anymore, and Jerious Norwood (doubtfully) isn't likely their future. If not the Falcons, then the next teams in line would be..

4. Raiders 5. Chiefs 6. Jets. And with that, I could see the Jets picking him up. Possibly the Raiders, although I'm not sure if they feel they could have something with their current group of backs. I doubt the Chiefs will screw over Larry Johnson.

And if for WHATEVER reason he drops below the 6th spot.. the next likely choice, (wishful thinking, anyways) would be Carolina at the #13. spot. Although I'm pretty sure we'll go MLB or DE.

I am officially the happiest Carolina Panther fan, in the world!

As reported on nfl.com
Former Carolina Panther receiver Muhsin Muhammad, a free agent after being released by the Chicago Bears, would prefer to return to Charlotte, his agent said Sunday evening.

"Carolina, that's where he wants to be," said agent Joel Segal. "They're one of a few teams I'm talking to, but I would say that's correct, he would prefer to play there."

I'm going on record right now. As long as Steve Smith, and Jake Delhomme stay healthy, and we somehow form a running game out of DeAngelo Williams (alone) then with the addition and return (hopefully!!) of Muhsin Muhammad, Carolina could very likely return to the playoffs, and make a definate run to the Superbowl!

Muhammad is what we need (back) to help take the complete cover off of Steve Smith. When Muhsin was with us before, him and Smith were a great duo, and definately hard to cover. I don't give a crap about age, Muhammad is still a great athlete and I'm hoping more than anything, Carolina does something right this off-season and picks him up!

How overrated are those drills though? Hes running proper routes and catching balls without anyone covering him. Yes, WRs are suppose to catch passes, but the definate answer is.. they're suppose to be capable of catching everything thrown to them, while being drilled from all sides as well. And thats something (to my knowledge) you won't see in the combine.
the drills aren't overrated, they are to show how good someone runs a route, or how much someone can bench press. Jeez sometimes they show how high you jump. The 40 yd dash is huge, it can make or break you. Jerry Rice wasn't quick but he had good knowledge of where to go. Basically he was an exceptional route runner. He had great hands, and he could catch anything. Thats why he was a first rounder. IMO most drills are dumb, but some can make or break you.

Now onto the draft

IMO Mcfadden should be a top 3 pick, along with Chris Long, and possibly Jake Long. Or even Dorsey.

Here goes my top five for the upcoming draft.

Miami should take Chris Long. Great pass rusher, could play OLB or DE. Still think Bill will trade down

STL- If STL stays at number two, i think they should take Glenn Dorsey, He is a monster to say the least. This works out because Carriker can now move back to his normal position.

ATL- this is rough, they need a QB plus every other position. There are not many standout QB's in this draft but Ryan has it all.. So IMO they either take Matt Ryan, McFadden, or even OL Jake Long.

OAK- Gosh they need a lot, they either take Jake Long or McFadden. McFadden is considered the best player in this years draft, so if he falls here it would be hard to pass up.

KC- Jake Long. Easy pick IMO, he is considered the best Offensive Lineman in this years draft, and he is considered the second best player in this draft.

I am going to do the Steelers anyway. Jeff Otah would be great but his forty time wasn't too good. It was like 5.55. So Albert(UVA) would be an easy choice, because he can play both Tackle and Guard. I still think they should draft a receiver in the first run because the Tackle position in this years draft is really deep.

How overrated are those drills though? Hes running proper routes and catching balls without anyone covering him. Yes, WRs are suppose to catch passes, but the definate answer is.. they're suppose to be capable of catching everything thrown to them, while being drilled from all sides as well. And thats something (to my knowledge) you won't see in the combine. :lmao:

They may be overrated like you said, but some of those receivers there couldn't catch a ball worth a crap. I've seen enough from him in college to know that he can take a hit and still hold onto the ball with ease. The players in the NFL are bigger sure, but like all other rookies give him time to grow and if he performs like he did in college, he'll be fine.

Where do you really think he'll end up? I haven't followed this year's draft as closely as I have the previous two, but if I were to look at the list of the draft picks.. the first two picks belong to the Dolphins, who have Ronnie Brown.. and the Rams, who have Steven Jackson. So I doubt he'll go to either of those teams.

I could see the Rams trading down, but if the list stays the way it is, I could definately see McFadden going at the #3. spot to the Atlanta Falcons. Simply because Warrick Dunn isn't producing greatly anymore, and Jerious Norwood (doubtfully) isn't likely their future. If not the Falcons, then the next teams in line would be...

4. Raiders 5. Chiefs 6. Jets. And with that, I could see the Jets picking him up. Possibly the Raiders, although I'm not sure if they feel they could have something with their current group of backs. I doubt the Chiefs will screw over Larry Johnson.

And if for WHATEVER reason he drops below the 6th spot.. the next likely choice, (wishful thinking, anyways) would be Carolina at the #13. spot. Although I'm pretty sure we'll go MLB or DE.

I dunno, McFadden is being talking about being all over the board. Some have him top 5, some have him lasting until 20. The Cowboys are contemplating of trading up to get him, but to do that, they would have to trade Marion Barber. No freakin way should they do that, Barber is a beast. About 99% of the time, he breaks away from first contact with ease and picks up yards. He has proved himself that he is an awesome RB, so to trade him to get McFadden would be stupid IMO. Sure McFadden is fast, quick and everything, but one of the downsides everyone is talking about is that when he is hit with first contact, his legs stop moving, and he isn't going to outrun everyone in the NFL like he did in college, so he needs to keep those legs going. Now if somehow some way they could keep Barber AND get McFadden.....whoa talk about Thunder and Lightning.

ESPN.com said:
The Pittsburgh Steelers and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger have agreed to a new eight-year, $102 million contract.

The contract, which includes more than $36 million in guarantees and is easily the largest in team history, places Big Ben among the game's highest-paid players. In comparison, Peyton Manning received a $34.5 million signing bonus in his big deal and Michael Vick received $37 million in guarantees from the Falcons in his mega deal. Both Manning's and Vick's deals were signed in 2004.

Roethlisberger now joins Manning, Brett Favre, Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb and the suspended Vick in the $100 million quarterback club.

"This is about being a Pittsburgh Steeler for as long as I can be. I love Pittsburgh," Roethlisberger said. He said he "wanted to be like the Dan Marinos, like the John Elways, guys who played with one team their whole career."

Roethlisberger's agents, Ryan and Bruce Tollner of REP 1 Sports, traveled to Pittsburgh and finalized the deal with the Steelers late Sunday night.

"Ben has been an outstanding leader on the field for the Steelers since his rookie year and we are very happy to know that he will be our quarterback for many years to come," Steelers president Art Rooney II said in a statement.

Roethlisberger, who turned 26 on Sunday, is coming off a Pro Bowl season in which he completed more than 65 percent of his passes with a tean-record 32 touchdowns and an efficiency rating of 104.1, leading the Steelers to an AFC North title and the playoffs for the third time in his four seasons.

Roethlisberger, who two years ago became the youngest quarterback ever to win a Super Bowl, grew as a team leader last season and bounced back from a disappointing 2006 where his offseason was marred by a serious motorcycle accident and an appendectomy.

I love it, he got what he deserved, and people still don't appreciate it. He has done so much in 4 years as a starter its ridiculous. The man has grown as a man, and has grown as a football player.

He rebounded from a bad 2005-6 season. He now has a probowl which he truly deserved, and now he is one of the highest paid QB's in the league, and he is now the highest paid player in Steelers history.

Do you know what Ben did with his brand new contract? You guessed it, he bought a brand new Hayabusa.

espn.com said:
The Steelers, who locked up franchise quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Monday with an eight-year, $102 million contract extension, added depth to their offense by reaching a three-year, $4.95 million deal with Vikings halfback Mewelde Moore.

Moore, 25, is an elusive back who was signed to back up Willie Parker and work with big back Najeh Davenport. He was a fourth-round pick of the Vikings in 2004. In his second season, he started eight games and rushed for 662 yards and caught 37 passes for the Vikings in 2005. Moore will received $1.35 million to sign.

Because he has good speed, Moore has a 4.9 yard per carry average and is considered to be a good pass-catcher out of the backfield.

Mewelde Moore doesn't seem like a big addition, but hear this out, the Steelers always lack something, outside of a good CB, and OL. Moore is quick, and is a good pass catcher out of the backfield. Parker can't catch, so this is a good addition, and he can help out on Kick Returns because Allen Rossum was pretty bad.

The Steelers need some work, but at least they are heading in somewhat of the right direction.

Played great. Proved himself to be a big time player and the Cowboys franchise QB for the future. Statistically a top 5 NFL QB. Now is the best in the NFC, led his team to 2 playoff apperances, fucked Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood. He's done plenty.
played great? if meaning two first round exits, then yes he played terrific. :p

He didn't choke. The team choked. You failed to see my point about the whole botched snap. He scored (one yard short) it would mean nothing.
its still one yd short. hey if Dan Marino had a running game, they would have destroyed the 1980's

I can't help that. You have a terrible front offices and ignorant owners who won't take risks.
Why take risks? they have been doing pretty good. one of the more successful franchises in all of professional football.

True I guess. My memory is shady but I remember two misthrown fades. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's his job to put it up for Hines or whoever and he completley botched the 2nd one I know for sure.
the first one too ward was pretty good. it was excellent feetwork by Ward and it was right where he could catch it. the second one was a rather stupid playcall. They knew it was coming when Washington lined up outside. That was a mess up. but i will get to this in a second.

And one yard short of a TD for the win...:rolleyes:
coulda, woulda, shoulda, but never happened.

Did you see that line? Did you see Phillips showing why he is a terrible coach to have in the playoffs? He looked clueless.

Fuck me, Why didn't Jerry just take the headset and call the plays.

Romo has been putting up Aikman numbers and top 5 QB numbers. He's top 5 in just about every major category.
meh, could be. you said Jones likes a risk/

This paragraph and the other = One big meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

this is basically the ending of the fourth qtr.

see Mike Tomlins brilliant coaching.

scores 28-23. He goes for the two, its caught, but wait holding.

So they go back to the same play but ten yds further out. incomplete.

score 28-23. five point lead.

So a couple minutes later, David throws an INT. Steelers get the ball back with roughly 9 minutes to go.

they score.

score is now 29-28. They miss the two point conversion.

this is where tomlins coaching kicks in.

a one point lead.

hmm. kicks the extra points it would have been a 3 point lead instead of a one point lead.

Jags do nothing after they get the ball back...

Tomlin must've gotten some Shottenheimer in him.

3 straight designed runs when they know you were trying to eat some clock.

Jags get ball back, run right down field. kick 25 yd field goal after defense, especially those so called tenacious linebackers played out of place.

It was brilliant. its trying to say now we need to score, not taking into the factor that you are still going to need to score to win the game. That was his dumb coaching.

Then you know jackshit about football and should never run a franchise.
Mr. Collins is on to something. See, when people classify Dan Marino, they call him the best pure passer, I hardly ever see best QB.

rofl, I was walking downtown the other day after the Pitt loss to MSU, and i ran into a high school friend of mine who currently attends Pitt, and we were talking about the loss, and he brought up Jamie Dixon, and he said he's been talking to other schools for the longest time, and was in previous years, and he brought up Indiana as a team/ school that wanted him. A relative of his works with the Panthers hoops program and he said they wanted to bring in Sean Miller, for those who dont follow college hoops, he is the Xavier coach, and was a former Pitt hoops player. He is one helluva coach who can get so much out of so little, and he knows the area well so hopefully he could recruit better than Dixon. Dixon was one solid coach, but i was never a fan, he did one helluva job coaching Pitt through all the injuries but he could never win a decent game in the NCAA tournament. He wasnt a coach that made adjustments, and i never agreed with his offense philosophy, nor his defense philosophy. When Howland was their, he was all defense, and when Dixon arrived that left. Pitt is too streaky of a shooting team, so defense is a must. If Dixon leaves and Miller enters i will be a happy Pittsburgh hoops fan.

Now i am onto Steeler football, There has been some serious talks about moving up to number 18 so the have a chance to draft Oklahoma standout Malcolm Kelly. He's 6'4 and exactly what Roethlisberger requested. This could be terrific news, because it could Make Ward, a slot receiver, and could open up so much for this offense. They've worked on their line a little bit with the addition of Harwig (Hartwig), it isnt much of an upgrade, but you cant be worse than Mahan, if so, leave the NFL please.

Now onto baseball, the Pirates suck, plain and simple, they have no idea what they are doing, they should be giving the young guns a shot, like McCutchen, and Walker, who look to be very very good. But No, they take a contract of one Matt Morris, and offer a decent one to B. Kim. Someone please help the Pirates front office. I beg ya.

I agree w/ you on those comments b/c jamie dixon has these guys playing so soft and inconsistent its hard to watch them. You never know what team is showing up for the game. I go to Baldwin idk if you know where that is but your from Pittsburgh so you should and Wanndstedt went here. Well he comes here to talk to my football coach all the time and I heard them talking about Dixon. Apparently the guy is hated so much at Pitt. Mainly for the reasons that I just said, but also b/c hes an arrogant asshole. Recruiting has been down and things arent looking good in the next 2-4 years...

Pirates basesball is what it is... PNC Park is pretty damn fly though... How about that 30 dollar all you can eat deal??? Thats amazing

Steelers football... We need to get an offensive lineman in the draft and bring in a respected vet lineman that can start anchoring this line other than Marvel... And he is by no means Faneca but he is a good player... We also need that vertical receiver that Plex was for us... Why we wouldnt anty up for a player like that still blows my mind. And for all Ben haters that is exactly what you are... The guy is a man among boys on the field and he is a huge moneymaker for the league... Mewelde Moore could be that player that was all hyped up coming out of college (I think Oregon?) and never got the job done... Weve had a few comeback players of the year, but he wont do what Parker can...

Pens hockey... See you guys in the finals............

I agree w/ you on those comments b/c jamie dixon has these guys playing so soft and inconsistent its hard to watch them. You never know what team is showing up for the game. I go to Baldwin idk if you know where that is but your from Pittsburgh so you should and Wanndstedt went here. Well he comes here to talk to my football coach all the time and I heard them talking about Dixon. Apparently the guy is hated so much at Pitt. Mainly for the reasons that I just said, but also b/c hes an arrogant asshole. Recruiting has been down and things arent looking good in the next 2-4 years...
Wait, you go to Baldwin Middle School? :lmao: I so live around that area.
Pitt could have a good team this upcoming season because they return Fields, Young, and they still have Blair. Plus Brown should improve, and their freshman class isnt that bad. So they could be good for like 2 more years but after that it looks pretty bad.

Pirates basesball is what it is... PNC Park is pretty damn fly though... How about that 30 dollar all you can eat deal??? Thats amazing
I love baseball, but thats all the distractions to look away from the winning. They havent had a good team in years, and they wont put one out their because people still go to the games, and they make millions every year and pocket it. their drafting is abysmal, they passed up on Matt Wieters, and drafted Moskos.. O know :(

Steelers football... We need to get an offensive lineman in the draft and bring in a respected vet lineman that can start anchoring this line other than Marvel... And he is by no means Faneca but he is a good player... We also need that vertical receiver that Plex was for us... Why we wouldnt anty up for a player like that still blows my mind. And for all Ben haters that is exactly what you are... The guy is a man among boys on the field and he is a huge moneymaker for the league... Mewelde Moore could be that player that was all hyped up coming out of college (I think Oregon?) and never got the job done... Weve had a few comeback players of the year, but he wont do what Parker can...
football should be decent. their schedule is so tough though. They filled a lot of their needs though with a decent returner in Moore, they got a respectable lineman in harwig. So now Manhandled can go back to his position. They need to draft lineman htough, but if Kelly falls they should pick him up, or they should try and get that dude from Kansas State ( i think KSU, or Kansas.) Dude looks like a beast and would be a steal that round.

Ben Roethlisberger has all the tools to be "great". he's accurate, good awareness, good arm, and all the other fun stuff. He earned every penny of his 102+ million dollar contract. Good QB's are hard to come by nowadays, thank goodness we have him locked up until he's like 35.

Pitt will be really good this year, but the whole Big East is going to be amazing. I expect them to get 8-9 teams for sure, maybe 9 depending on what Alexander does, if he goes to the draft, WVU will suck.

Syracuse is going to be vastly improved next year, with or without Green. Rautins and Dem. coming back is huge, and they have two good freshman coming in. They should be 10 deep next year, which is way better than the seven man rotation they had last year. I expect Syracuse to be a top 15 team next year, Pitt to be a top 5, ND and UCONN to be top 10, with teams like Nova, Louisville, G'Town and Marquette to be Top 25, the Big East is going to be sick next year.

AH going to review the first round of the NFL draft.

1 Miami Jake Long - OT- I like this pick because it solidifies their offensive line, and he could make an immediate impact opening up holes for their runningback.

2 St. Louis Chris Long - DE- I like this pick, he could step right in, and their defensive line was already solid, and Long is basically the icing on the cake.

3 Atlanta Matt Ryan - QB - Meh, dont like this pick, I always thought he was overrated. 19 interceptions in the senior season should be a "franchise" Quarterback. I think they should have went with Glenn Dorsey because that defense needs a lot of help. Ryan has no one around him so its going to be a rough first couple of years

4 Oakland Darren McFadden - RB- Dont like this pick whatsoever. His past is troublesome, and their backfield is loaded. Sedrick Ellis would have been a good fit because defense is the key to success. Dorsey could have been a good fit, but i had him going to Atlanta just one pick earlier.

5 Kansas City Glenn Dorsey - DT- I love this pick. Lose Allen, and gain a defensive stud.

6 NY Jets Vernon Gholston - DE- I like this pick because he is capable of playing in the 3-

4. McFadden would have been a better fit because that Offense lacks explosiveness.

7 New Orleans Sedrick Ellis - DT- I like this pick because they are trying their hardest to fix their defensive problems

8 Jacksonville Derrick Harvey - DE- Traded up and gave a lot for an unproven player. Second round pick for Taylor would have been better.

9 Cincinnati Keith Rivers - OLB- I liked it, but doesnt he have off the field issues?

10 New England Jerod Mayo - OLB- Best linebacker left on the board. Will make an immeidate impact playing alongside that veteran defense.

11 Buffalo Leodis McKelvin - CB- I like it, trying to solidify their defensive secondary. Taking a receiver their would have been way to early, so they got something else they needed.

12 Denver Ryan Clady - OT- Thought Otah was going here because i thought he was the best lineman in the draft outside of Long

13 Carolina Jonathan Stewart - RB - Liked it a lot, could help that offense. two runningback league. Could have went after Otah, buck luckily for them, they traded up for the Stud Green Lineman from PITT.

14 Chicago Chris Williams - OT - I liked this pick. Read that he was durable. Could play everywhere on the line.

15 Kansas City Branden Albert - OG- I love this pick. They needed lineman to block. They solidified all their needs basically in a span of ten picks.

16 Arizona Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB- Loved it, helped solidify that defense. Another CB, because Rolle never really panned out.

17 Detroit Gosder Cherilus - OT- Otah anyone? They have to start him now, and wasted a pick when Rashard Mendenhall was still on the board. Otah is also capable of stepping in now.Detroit is on the brink of making the playoffs, and Cherilus isnt going to help them get over the stump.

18 Baltimore Joe Flacco - QB- No problem. Man has great arm, needs to work on technique becayse he played at a small college. Shouldnt have started now. They should have went after another defensive player like Talib because their secondary is getting old.

19 Carolina Jeff Otah - OT- Loved it. Enough said

20 Tampa Bay Aqib Talib - CB- Loved it. Needed to help that secondary.

21 Atlanta Sam Baker - OT- That was a reach. should have helped that defense by taking Jackson, or even Balmer.

22 Dallas Felix Jones - RB- Not a problem with it. Would have went after Jenkins, but they got him anyway.

23 Pittsburgh Rashard Mendenhall - RB- perfect compliment to fast Willie. Will help the offense because Parker isnt built to carry the ball 30 times a game.

24 Tennessee Chris Johnson - RB- Weapon for Youbg anyone?

25 Dallas Mike Jenkins - CB- Already addressed this. Luckily he was still their.

26 Houston Duane Brown - OT- reach, even though they have problems protecting the QB.

27 San Diego Antoine Cason - CB- loved it. Helps the defense, and will make an immediate impact. their defense is rather young, except from the second CB on.

28 Seattle Lawrence Jackson - DE - I loved it. thought he was going to PGH, but should help that defense now.

29 San Francisco Kentwan Balmer - DT- liked it. big body, could be a risk because he only became known over this last year.

30 NY Jets Dustin Keller - TE - roflcopter. that is all. Could have taken a Sweed or a Kelly or someone.

31 NY Giants Kenny Phillips - S- Lost a safety over the offseason. SO they solidified it with the Miami Safety. Keeping the canes streak alive.

Winners- Cowboys, Steelers, Chiefs, and Panthers.

Losers. Atlanta and Oakland.

Haha the Cavs will get blown out in Game 7 in the second half. But I dunno if Boston can whoop on the Pistons as they can win a game in Boston.

You should hear those LeBrick fans, I don't even think some of them even know anything about basketball. I really think they believe he is still a Point Guard and not a Small Forward, or atleast don't know the difference between the postions. The pretty much rely on stats and then get pissed and flame you when it gets brushed off, their favorite it assists.

You should hear those LeBrick fans, I don't even think some of them even know anything about basketball. I really think they believe he is still a Point Guard and not a Small Forward, or atleast don't know the difference between the postions. The pretty much rely on stats and then get pissed and flame you when it gets brushed off, their favorite it assists.

The funny thing is when Coach Brown has LeBron play the point, The Cavs offense is so anemic that everything just stalls and LeBron plays 5 on 1 basically. I think Cavs fans need to understand that LeBron can create shots for his teammates as he draws so much attention, but he is a finisher. Now granted he still needs to work on his game as all he has in going to the basket. He has no outside shot and when he does hit'em its luck most of the time, as he needs to develop a mid range jumper and get better at shooting the 3 along with the free throws. Are you kidding me? He should be shooting from 85-90% from the line and he dont as he is just a 70% shooter. such a joke.

The funny thing is when Coach Brown has LeBron play the point, The Cavs offense is so anemic that everything just stalls and LeBron plays 5 on 1 basically. I think Cavs fans need to understand that LeBron can create shots for his teammates as he draws so much attention, but he is a finisher. Now granted he still needs to work on his game as all he has in going to the basket. He has no outside shot and when he does hit'em its luck most of the time, as he needs to develop a mid range jumper and get better at shooting the 3 along with the free throws. Are you kidding me? He should be shooting from 85-90% from the line and he dont as he is just a 70% shooter. such a joke.

They tend to think he has a great jumper when he bricks them most of the time. What you said is what Kobe does so well, he draws attention to himself and is able to get the ball to open players for easy baskets. Denver learned this the hard way, they played him when he shoots the ball leaving people like Gasol open, Kobe then passes the ball off to them mid shot for easy 2's. Thats where LeBron fails, he doesn't know how to do that, he has some talent like Delonte around him so it's not like he is the only player who can shoot the ball.

Lebron misses too many jumpers, including easy hooks 4 feet from the basket. He has talent, he just hasn't reached his full potential yet and is nowhere near what Kobe was when he was 23.

They tend to think he has a great jumper when he bricks them most of the time. What you said is what Kobe does so well, he draws attention to himself and is able to get the ball to open players for easy baskets. Denver learned this the hard way, they played him when he shoots the ball leaving people like Gasol open, Kobe then passes the ball off to them mid shot for easy 2's. Thats where LeBron fails, he doesn't know how to do that, he has some talent like Delonte around him so it's not like he is the only player who can shoot the ball.

Lebron misses too many jumpers, including easy hooks 4 feet from the basket. He has talent, he just hasn't reached his full potential yet and is nowhere near what Kobe was when he was 23.

See great points about Kobe, but you also have to remember this is something Kobe is finally learning to do well. Great evidence of that was yesterday in Game against Utah. Kobe gave up the ball when he needed to, and when it came timet o be the man he did just that.

I think with LeBron he carries so much hype, that I feel he tries to live up to it. Last year against the Pistons in Game 5 of the ECF, set him up to be this all time great that so many Prince James fans love, but really he was in a groove and some nights you are. That game to me set him up too much in peoples eyes. But like Kobe, Lebron needs help and until he gets good help he will try be the Cleveland LeBrons against whoever they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back