• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Sports Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
This thread is for general Sports talk ranging from all sports, but let me make this clear NO SPAM is allowed as your discussion must be kept reasonable where you make a point but can be argued and what not.

Not Allowed: Soccer sucks!

Allowed: Soccer sucks because its boring as all they do is run up and down a field and in American football they may have stops, but its all strategy as the offense and defense tries to counter the other. Much more fun to watch.

you also forgot to mention that they get hurt for any little thing, some of the injuries are pretty bad, but sometimes i see them trip and they act like they are having a heart attack

Now what i saw in the other thread, the big 10 does suck. Their representative in the National championship game got blown out by an SEC team showing just how great the SEC is and how bad the big 10 is. This is the second year ohio st embarassed themselves in the big game, so the big 10 is once again embarassed. I heard on ESPN someone mentioned that the Big 10 should be classified just as the WAC is. If someone in the Big 10 loses one game they're national championship dreams are done, and that every team in there should be treated like hawaii. Made me crack up

you also forgot to mention that they get hurt for any little thing, some of the injuries are pretty bad, but sometimes i see them trip and they act like they are having a heart attack

Now what i saw in the other thread, the big 10 does suck. Their representative in the National championship game got blown out by an SEC team showing just how great the SEC is and how bad the big 10 is. This is the second year ohio st embarassed themselves in the big game, so the big 10 is once again embarassed. I heard on ESPN someone mentioned that the Big 10 should be classified just as the WAC is. If someone in the Big 10 loses one game they're national championship dreams are done, and that every team in there should be treated like hawaii. Made me crack up

I just dont get those big time conferences or schools, they got Michigan and Ohio State, they both have a storied history as a school and against each other. They are the biggest schools in their respective states, i dont see how they cant recruit big time players, unless Carr, and Tressel are incapable of recruiting out of state.

Western PA has always been full of good or even great players, Marino, Dorsett, and so forth, thats what has made the big east competitive over the years, the school to win western Pa usually is successful. That is why i am glad, Rodriguez left WVU even though he will still come back because he knows this area. But most kids usually stay in school around the starts surrounding PA. It leaves an open gap for Pitt to be successful while Louisville and WVU are on the downfall.

its crazy, just like you said you have ohio st. and michigan to name the big schools. I mean there are plenty of kids around the world that tell themselves that they want to be a buckeye one day or a wolverine one day, but its like you said they arent even trying to go outta state to recruit. I also forgot to mention Penn St. Joe Paterno's name is enough to get some people to want to play there, but in the last couple of years, ive seen penn state have ONE very good season and that was when michael robinson was their QB, since then they have had mediocre years. Maybe its the conference as a whole thats afraid to go outta state and recruit. The school that i KNOW that goes out and recruit is illinois because Zook is a genious at recruiting, it looks like he's turing illinois around real quick

Wow...what a great fucking game, What'd you think of it Wes, I wonder if Romo had spent more time preparing for the biggest game of his life, instead of chillin with Jessica Simpson, he'd be better prepared for the game....who knows maybe he would have actually won, LOL:lmao:

ah it wasnt becuase of jessica simpson..unless the entire offensive line, and the recievers of the cowboys were with jessica simpson in mexico too lol

ah it wasnt becuase of jessica simpson..unless the entire offensive line, and the recievers of the cowboys were with jessica simpson in mexico too lol

Yeah I realize that, but seriously, if you were about to play the biggest game of your career would you be going on vacation with one of the stupidest people on the fucking planet for a week?....Stupidity can be contagious you know, LOL

Besides I wouldn't doubt that Jessica Simpson were "with" the rest of the team as well, if you know what I mean;)

Yeah I realize that, but seriously, if you were about to play the biggest game of your career would you be going on vacation with one of the stupidest people on the fucking planet for a week?....Stupidity can be contagious you know, LOL

Besides I wouldn't doubt that Jessica Simpson were "with" the rest of the team as well, if you know what I mean;)

yea I see your point, but Romo didnt really have a bad game so I dont think it could be blamed on that. The offensive line, the recievers, and Wade Phillips, lost them this game...

Jauque Reeves too...lol

next week, Eli Manning is going to show Favre, what a Real QB does on the field...

This coming from the same guy who says Ben Rottenburger is better than Dan Marino

this is also the same guy who wanted to hear "my excuses" for why the Pack was down not even halfway through the 1st quarter of the Pack/Hawks game yesterday...the same Pack/Hawks game that the Packers won 42-20:disappointed:

This coming from the same guy who says Ben Rottenburger is better than Dan Marino

this is also the same guy who wanted to hear "my excuses" for why the Pack was down not even halfway through the 1st quarter of the Pack/Hawks game yesterday...the same Pack/Hawks game that the Packers won 42-20:disappointed:

I never said Ben was better than Marino. I said Ben has something Marino wishes he had. You know, the ring. The thing you play for. That and money. Ben has as many rings as Favre and this was Ben's fourth year...

One Manning is destined to greatness....

Peytons son...

They blitzed early & often, hoping to likely scare the Giants into benching their starters so they could do the same. New England has been more of an offensive dominate team this year, than their previous Superbowl years of being a defensive minded team.
What does this have to do with Eli Manning and the G-Men?

They didn't throw caution to the wind, & if Moss, Welker, Maroney, Stallworth, or especially Brady would've gotten slightly hurt.. EVERYONE would've came off. Unlike a game where they "had" to win, where they would've played starters regardless of anything. This game had risks, & if one guy got hurt.. they would've quit trying for a 16-0 record, to push for a chance at whats most important.. a Superbowl trophy.
But Belicheck benched no one, he kept his starters in the entire game, Welker was cutting across the middle, which is a no no when you are tying to preserve your health. They kept their running game in, they ran and passed, yes the SB is the most important thing, but they were on the verge of making history.

Are you blowing him now, or did you agree to do it after you kiss his ass on the forum? What on earth is so great about him? *yawn* He's big, he can run.. its what he's paid to do.. he needs to improve & do it better. Bettis was a great big man runner.. Jacobs is average, at best.
Some Fun Jacob numbers, Started 9 games, played in 11, had over 1000 yds. Jacobs averaged, nearly 92 yds a game. Which is up their with the league high. He averaged five yds attempt, which is half way to a first down every run.

Point exactly.. Burress was so great, that even without anyone opposite of him, he still made tons of plays.. even with the QB he has throwing to him. And Shockey is a great TE, he has his games where he's sucked, but everyone does.
Shockey holds his players down. Burress doesnt. Burress is a play maker, and always was, he has had great chemistry with all his QB's, Stewart, Maddux, and his one year with Ben.

Oh, I don't know.. perhaps believing your team can actually win might mean more than the money you make. I suppose I love thinking they play for the game, not the paycheck.. I guess you're all about the money huh. I suppose if I made as much as they did, I would be to though.
Yeah, you dont play for free in the NFL, you need to support a family, and more than likely you shorten your life because of all the beatings. they play for the game, but the money is very important

Weren't YOU the one defending Eli? He's had good games, but isn't great. He's talented, yes.. not great though. And you keep yammering on about Romo, when the only thing he's done is make one slip up with holding a ball. Watch the Carolina/New York Wildcard game from two years ago, & then get back to me about why Eli could possibly be so much better.
No I am defending Eli because he gets crap that he shouldn't get. Yes he makes bad decisions, but who hasn't? No offense to any Romo supporter but all he did the whole fourth qtr was whine about his O-line, confronting his o-lineman, and if his center wanted to he could get Romo smacked so hard. You dont confront your lineman and lose trust because Gurode(sp) could make one slip up and hteir goes Romo's career. Manning is young, and so is Romo, it took Peyton six years to win his first playoff game. People need to lay off the Eli.. He has now had 3 consecutive good games.

I'm not defending Romo to be anything great, I'm merely debating Eli's not.
He is good enough to be making like 54 million dollars a year off of a signing bonus. How many players can say that? Largest Rookie signing bonus ever.

I think the Giants are just happy for once they didn't "fall" into the playoffs. And what does Dallas have to play for toward the end of the season? They wrapped up homefield throughout, they already lost once so perfection wasn't possible.. so why don't you explain where the point of worthless momentum means anything?
Momentum? Here goes, the Colts won last year by winning their last game, the Steelers in 05, and the Pats in 04. 3 consecutive SB champs won their final game. Yes, I know the Giants lost, but their confidence is riding high after going toe to toe with the best offensive team in football. Look at 05. Regular season means nothing. The Steelers were far from great in 05, but they win six consecutive games, riding Ben, Parker, and the Bus, go on, win 3 road playoff games, and a SB. Apparently momentum means something.

You know what Dallas is key on right now.. defeating New York for the 3rd time this year. I'm not saying it'll happen, & I'm not saying it won't.. but that momentum NY Giants have from the NE game, & the TB game won't mean shit if they lose.
The playoffs and the regular season are two different things, ask the Colts in 05, and the Steelers in 04.

QUOTE]So did the Ravens & Eagles.. whats your point? You bad mouthed Wes earlier by saying "Well, the Giants are in the playoffs & the Ravens/Eagles aren't." So whats your point.. so what, they got lucky going head to head with NE.. other teams did the same thing this year..[/QUOTE]
I didnt bad mouth Wes. I just said the Giants are in the playoffs, and the Eagles, and Ravens are at home. Same with the Steelers, and now 28 other teams.

Again.. point being what? Do me a favor, look at the "F" & the score under it. Who won again? I can't read that clearly.. :lmao:
Who just won the game? Apparently momentum means something

Wut sad games... Pat's r going to steam roll over the Chargers. I know they beat the Colts, but face it they were no where near as good as they were last year. Packers vs Giants has potential to be a good game... That is if the Giants actually had a not destroyed defensive line...So in other words... Packers will probably win...

horrible because the cowboys lost
disgusting because dallas' line couldnt block worth a crap, receivers couldnt catch a cold, and romo choked again
and if you can beat a team 2 times before in the same season, how the hell cant you beat them a 3rd time. It's kinda weird, and then you dont utilize T.O. into the game plan, he had what, like 4 catches, what the hell

horrible because the cowboys lost
disgusting because dallas' line couldnt block worth a crap, receivers couldnt catch a cold, and romo choked again
and if you can beat a team 2 times before in the same season, how the hell cant you beat them a 3rd time

the playoffs are a whole new Story. The G-mens defense had 2 other games to look at the Offense of the Boys. They stopped em, and Eli played turnover free.

Eli, and the G-Men need some respect.

They stopped em, and Eli played turnover free.

Eli, and the G-Men need some respect.
Not arguing that at all. Props are definatly up for the Giants QB as well as they're, wut now 3rd string defense. Besides Barber running through everyone as he does with every team, the defense had an alright game, certainly not the best, and they'll need to step it up against Green Bay. Also I think Dallas really hurt themselves with the penalties, which normally the Giants do.

Not arguing that at all. Props are definatly up for the Giants QB as well as they're, wut now 3rd string defense. Besides Barber running through everyone as he does with every team, the defense had an alright game, certainly not the best, and they'll need to step it up against Green Bay. Also I think Dallas really hurt themselves with the penalties, which normally the Giants do.

I wont dispute that. But the Giants didnt give up the large play. They kept everything in front of them... When they pressured Romo, he buckled. He made nice passes, and his team dropped the ball. The Giants outplayed them in crunch time. They won with a depleted secondary. The Giants played well, and i have yet to hear an analyst admit that.

next week, Eli Manning is going to show Favre, what a Real QB does on the field...

Wait, wait, wait, Brian. Did you really just make this statement?

I mean, I've seen you get owned before, but to actually sell yourself so cheap? Did you really say tht ELI MANNING, a man whose team occasionally wins DESPITE him, is going to show BRETT FAVRE what a real QB does? What, whine like a baby? Not lead his team? What could ELI MANNING possibly teach BRETT FAVRE!?

Watching your Steeler get bounced from a playoff year they should not have even been a part of must have knocked something loose, my old friend. If the Giants somehow manage to pull off the upset of the century by defeating the Packers at LAMBEAU FIELD next week, it will not be due to ELI! The Giants defense is the ONLY hope they have in HELL of going to the Superbowl!

IC25 OUT! (never been so fired up)

Wait, wait, wait, Brian. Did you really just make this statement?
Yeah you saw it, didnt ya?

I mean, I've seen you get owned before, but to actually sell yourself so cheap?
How because Manning has been consistent for 3 weeks in a row? They went score to score with the best team in football, they held the prolific Cowboys offense to 17 points. Saying Eli is gonna show Favre what a real QB does on the field is not a bold statement. We all know how reliable Favre has been his last several years in the post season especially the last 3.
Did you really say tht ELI MANNING, a man whose team occasionally wins DESPITE him, is going to show BRETT FAVRE what a real QB does? What, whine like a baby?
Yeha, I said that. Well I typed that.
Not lead his team? What could ELI MANNING possibly teach BRETT FAVRE!?
yeah because the Pack have never won games despite Favre. Eli and the G-Men were able to do something Favre hasnt been able to do his whole entire career. Win in Dallas.

Watching your Steeler get bounced from a playoff year they should not have even been a part of must have knocked something loose, my old friend. If the Giants somehow manage to pull off the upset of the century by defeating the Packers at LAMBEAU FIELD next week, it will not be due to ELI! The Giants defense is the ONLY hope they have in HELL of going to the Superbowl!
Yeah, the only way. Eli and the G-Men went toe to toe with the Pats, scored more than the Cowboys, played well against teams with statistically a better defense, and he played t/o free. I guess you are one of the people who still wont give Manning any credit for what he has done the last three weeks? If the Weather is cold, the G-Men have a good shot... Good running game, and they can control the ball. Their rushing defense is solid, and we know how pass happy Favre can get, when teams go out to big leads.

IC25 OUT! (never been so fired up)
So they can go to the SB and lose to the AFC team that is participating in the Game?

How because Manning has been consistent for 3 weeks in a row? They went score to score with the best team in football, they held the prolific Cowboys offense to 17 points. Saying Eli is gonna show Favre what a real QB does on the field is not a bold statement. We all know how reliable Favre has been his last several years in the post season especially the last 3.

What about the first 10, Brian? 1995 NFC Title game, narrowly lost. 1996 SB Champs. 1997 NFC Champs. 1998 again in the NFC title game. Favre can lead a team. What Vick did that one year was an abboration, and the Eagles getting that 4th and 26th conversion was McNabb's dumb luck. Otherwise, Green Bay has been a force in the playoffs most years Brett has been in there. Eli has two wins in the playoffs TOTAL against an over rated Tampa Bay team and a distracted Dallas team with one of the worst playoff coaches of all time in Wade Phillips and an 0-2 playoff QB in Tony Romo! I suppose they want a cookie!?

Yeha, I said that. Well I typed that.

yeah because the Pack have never won games despite Favre. Eli and the G-Men were able to do something Favre hasnt been able to do his whole entire career. Win in Dallas.

They've won more BECAUSE of Favre than won DESPITE of him, especially in the Playoffs. Can't say that about Eli Manning.

Yeah, the only way. Eli and the G-Men went toe to toe with the Pats.

And lost. Couldn't close the deal.

I guess you are one of the people who still wont give Manning any credit for what he has done the last three weeks?

What the hell do you want me to do? He doesn't deserve a ticker tape parade for going 2-1 in three games, Brian! He's supposed to be an elite QB and a #1 overall draft pick. Just because he's played well against 1 marginal team (Tampa) 1 decent team (Dallas) and 1 superb team (New England) while incidentally being backed up by a great defense doesn't excuse a statement as ridiculous and fantastical as "Eli will Show Favre what a REAL QB does."

If the Weather is cold, the G-Men have a good shot... Good running game, and they can control the ball. Their rushing defense is solid, and we know how pass happy Favre can get, when teams go out to big leads.

You'd make more sense if you WATCHED the games, Brian. Grant fumbles twice in the cold against the Seahawks. Then the snowcame down. And Grant ran for 201-yards!!! You claim the Giants "have a good shot" if the weather is cold. Do you know where Green Bay is, Brian? Who do you think that favors!? In fact, Marion Barber ran all over New York today to the tune of 129 yards and a TD. Penalties cost Dallas the game today, not New York's rushing defense or running game!

Here, Brian, let me simplify this:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

That's a defense on a roll. Don't lecture me about team defense.

Let me make this clear - I am not promising a Green Bay victory. ANd I won't say that peopl backing the Giants are wrong. But anytime somebody makes such collossally off-base statements, I will take them to task like I always do.

So they can go to the SB and lose to the AFC team that is participating in the Game?[/QUOTE]

What about the first 10, Brian? 1995 NFC Title game, narrowly lost. 1996 SB Champs. 1997 NFC Champs. 1998 again in the NFC title game. Favre can lead a team. What Vick did that one year was an abboration, and the Eagles getting that 4th and 26th conversion was McNabb's dumb luck. Otherwise, Green Bay has been a force in the playoffs most years Brett has been in there. Eli has two wins in the playoffs TOTAL against an over rated Tampa Bay team and a distracted Dallas team with one of the worst playoff coaches of all time in Wade Phillips and an 0-2 playoff QB in Tony Romo! I suppose they want a cookie!?
Who cares. making up excuses, the outplayed the Cowboys, and outplayed the Bucs, which isn;t saying much but still. They won. Favre was good when he was younger, but as age hit him, he became pretty ineffective in the playoffs. Favre has only won 57% of his playoff games. Big deal.

They've won more BECAUSE of Favre than won DESPITE of him, especially in the Playoffs. Can't say that about Eli Manning.
Eli Manning has been in the leagues for four years. Favre 17( I believe) I would home his team has won more because of Favre.

And lost. Couldn't close the deal.
Whoopie, they made plays offensively, it was their defense that blew it. Where was Favre when playing the Cowboys? Sitting on the bench because he was injured, and he got a little pass happy, on a team with an overrated secondary.

What the hell do you want me to do? He doesn't deserve a ticker tape parade for going 2-1 in three games, Brian! He's supposed to be an elite QB and a #1 overall draft pick. Just because he's played well against 1 marginal team (Tampa) 1 decent team (Dallas) and 1 superb team (New England) while incidentally being backed up by a great defense doesn't excuse a statement as ridiculous and fantastical as "Eli will Show Favre what a REAL QB does."
Alright, Eli has been in the league for four years, and has two playoff wins, it took his brother six years to win one. Elite QB status means absolutely nothing when you have a solid supporting cast. Favre is supposedly the greatest QB in NFL history, but only has one SB. So i could easily argue that. Apparently Favre isnt superior in the playoffs. That same decent team Dallas, beat the Packers.

You'd make more sense if you WATCHED the games, Brian. Grant fumbles twice in the cold against the Seahawks. Then the snowcame down. And Grant ran for 201-yards!!! You claim the Giants "have a good shot" if the weather is cold. Do you know where Green Bay is, Brian? Who do you think that favors!? In fact, Marion Barber ran all over New York today to the tune of 129 yards and a TD. Penalties cost Dallas the game today, not New York's rushing defense or running game!
Correction, Barber ran all over them in the first half. Football is sixty minutes, or two halves, whichever way you wanna look at it. Yes I know where GB is. It is not like the East Coast never sees snow. No, you know what cost the Cowboys the game? Over confidence, saying they beat em twice, having T.O making a scene by saying get your popcorn ready. The Giants took the lead, and made stops when needed, even with a depleted secondary.

Here, Brian, let me simplify this:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

That's a defense on a roll. Don't lecture me about team defense.

Let me make this clear - I am not promising a Green Bay victory. ANd I won't say that peopl backing the Giants are wrong. But anytime somebody makes such collossally off-base statements, I will take them to task like I always do.

A defense on a roll? Gimme a break,they played an overrated Seahawks team, with an overrated coach. an ineffective QB, a gimpy Shawn Alexander, who hasnt been Alexander since 05. and you expect GB to be the second coming of the 85 bears defense? Gimme a break, they played one game, against a crappy Seahawks.

Because there are too many silly statements for me to keep copying and pasting quotes (and I don't want a 3-page quotefest post) I'll list the rebuttles to your pourous arguments.

1. Thank you for agreeing with me that wins over Tampa and Dallas don't mean much. Actually, they mean quite a bit, but not enough for you to be making claims and comparing Eli to Brett.

2. Brett's age has caught up with him? He's 14-3, heading to the same NFC Title game Eli is going to. He was the only player not named Brady to get an MVP vote. Did you actually SEE the Green Bay vs Seattle game. He was a wizard on the field. Age is NOT a factor at all!

3. Where was Favre when playing the Cowboys? He was hurt! So was Woodson. SO was Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila. And yet it was STILL a close game that Green Bay lost because of 142 penalty yards!

4. Just because you realize that your points hold no water, don't try to run away by comparing Eli to Payton. We're not dicussing Payton. He's out of the playoffs anyway. It doesn't matter how long it took Payton to win a playoff game as compared to Eli. FOCUS, BRIAN, FOCUS!!!

5. I don't call Brett Favre the greatest of all time. But he rates the top 5. Dan Marino won 0 and he also rates the top 5. Your boy Big Ben already has one, and I feel by the time he's done he'll rate top 15 or even top 10. But the statement you made that started this all was comparing Manning to Favre. Eli doesn't belong in the same class yet. Hell, he doesn't belong in the same SCHOOL!

6. Overconfidence? Are you serious, dude? This isn't high school! Do you ever listen to former pro players? Once the whistle blows and the game starts it is ALL BUSINESS. There was NO overconfidence in Dallas tonight! They were underprepared because their 0-4 in the playoffs coach gave then carte blanche to do whatever in the bye week. A Parcells coached team would have been ready and focused. But it wasn't overconfidence.

7. The Seahawks are not over rated. They were a quiet 3 seed. Hasselbeck and Alexander are playmakers. But take away the two Green Bay turnovers and the Green Bay Defense allowed Seattle 6 points. Even if Seattle was over rated, that is impressive! And Mike Holmgren over rated? Are you kidding me? He's a fantastic coach. Has a Super Bowl ring, very consistent with Seattle. Wade Phillips is an over rated coach. At least Holmgren wins in the playoffs - when he doesn't play Green Bay.

8. And the most flawed point of all. I do not expect the Packers "D" to be the '85 Bears, there, champ. Nor the '00 Ravens. But they are a good enough D to get the job done. And the way you shoot your mouth off you'd think they'd given up 35 points per game hitherto the Seattle game! They shut out the Vikings and Adrian Peterson, held the Giants to 13 in week 2, and has given up 13 points per game in the last 4 games.

Brian, PLEASE, I beg you. Do some research before you debate me. I like you, I really do, but you can't come to my table with guesses and outlandish comparisons. Just admit that the statement "ELi will show Favre what a REAL NFL QB does" was ridiculous, and you're off the hook.

Because there are too many silly statements for me to keep copying and pasting quotes (and I don't want a 3-page quotefest post) I'll list the rebuttles to your pourous arguments.
Poor? Lawlz

Thank you for agreeing with me that wins over Tampa and Dallas don't mean much. Actually, they mean quite a bit, but not enough for you to be making claims and comparing Eli to Brett.
It was a joke, the statement I lead off of was a post in another thread that was moved into hear. I thought you would have been able to realize that

Brett's age has caught up with him? He's 14-3, heading to the same NFC Title game Eli is going to. He was the only player not named Brady to get an MVP vote. Did you actually SEE the Green Bay vs Seattle game. He was a wizard on the field. Age is NOT a factor at all!
Ok, Favre and age, lets see this.

Favre last made the playoffs in 04. He was 0-1. 1 td to 4 interceptions. Terrible TD/INT ratio... He played like crap.

03. 1-1 loss. 3/1 td to int ratio but still lost. Now lets go back to 02 and 01.

02...0-1 1 and done... 1 td/2 ints...
01... this is really good play by Favre...
1-1... 4td's/7 interception... Stellar play by Favre. :rolleyes:

3. Where was Favre when playing the Cowboys? He was hurt! So was Woodson. SO was Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila. And yet it was STILL a close game that Green Bay lost because of 142 penalty yards!
meh, they do have a 53 man roster. favre played like crap when he was in the game. threw 2 ints on 14 passes, and barley completed 1/3 of his passes. They played better when Rodgers was in the game, because he doesnt go pass happy.

Just because you realize that your points hold no water, don't try to run away by comparing Eli to Payton. We're not dicussing Payton. He's out of the playoffs anyway. It doesn't matter how long it took Payton to win a playoff game as compared to Eli. FOCUS, BRIAN, FOCUS!!!
How? Favre doesnt have a miraculous win/ loss percentage in the playoffs, he has had some pretty crappy games. People think Eli should be coming out winning SB's, people like Ben who had good first few seasons and Marino. People like that dont come around very often. Not comparing Ben/Marino, but many QB's dont have instant success like them two. I am saying it takes years to develop, like Peyton Manning for instance who took six seasons. Bradshaw never had instant success either. It doesnt happen over one night.

I don't call Brett Favre the greatest of all time. But he rates the top 5. Dan Marino won 0 and he also rates the top 5. Your boy Big Ben already has one, and I feel by the time he's done he'll rate top 15 or even top 10. But the statement you made that started this all was comparing Manning to Favre. Eli doesn't belong in the same class yet. Hell, he doesn't belong in the same SCHOOL!
We had an argument about this where you considered him the greatest QB of all time, and i was calling it ridiculous because people like Montana have more rings.

Overconfidence? Are you serious, dude? This isn't high school! Do you ever listen to former pro players? Once the whistle blows and the game starts it is ALL BUSINESS. There was NO overconfidence in Dallas tonight! They were underprepared because their 0-4 in the playoffs coach gave then carte blanche to do whatever in the bye week. A Parcells coached team would have been ready and focused. But it wasn't overconfidence.
Overconfidence? Yeah having TO talk smack telling the Giants to bring their popcorn. That isnt over confidence? they beat em twice, and made bone head mistakes, Romo was caught in the light going to Mexico, it looked like an ver confident team that believed they could come out and run all over them. Because TO was so good against the last two games. Guess what he was pretty ineffective, and then the G-Men, took advantage of crucial mistakes.

The Seahawks are not over rated. They were a quiet 3 seed. Hasselbeck and Alexander are playmakers. But take away the two Green Bay turnovers and the Green Bay Defense allowed Seattle 6 points. Even if Seattle was over rated, that is impressive! And Mike Holmgren over rated? Are you kidding me? He's a fantastic coach. Has a Super Bowl ring, very consistent with Seattle. Wade Phillips is an over rated coach. At least Holmgren wins in the playoffs - when he doesn't play Green Bay.
Gimme me a break, Hasselbeck is overrated, and is the biggest whiner i ever seen take the field. Alexander has been pretty ineffective, and it showed that he was an overrated RB this year, and last. Holmgren is like Bill Cowher, a solid coach but usually came unprepared in the playoffs. 1 NFC championship in his time in Seattle, just couldn't get his team over the hump. Gimme a break the Hwks played in a bad division. 8-8 Arizona. a pathetic team in both 49'ers and the Rams.. Way to go, you lost too all your tough challengers Seattle... Lets look at their biggest win.. I believe the 9-7 bucs. Gimme one good win outside of TB and I will quit? Their biggest competition, Lost too the Steelers. Lost to Ariz. Lost to N.O. Lost to Clev, lost to Car, and Atl. I believe they have had one win against a playoff team..

8. And the most flawed point of all. I do not expect the Packers "D" to be the '85 Bears, there, champ. Nor the '00 Ravens. But they are a good enough D to get the job done. And the way you shoot your mouth off you'd think they'd given up 35 points per game hitherto the Seattle game! They shut out the Vikings and Adrian Peterson, held the Giants to 13 in week 2, and has given up 13 points per game in the last 4 games.
Yep that same defense who gave up 35 points too the Bears who were 27 in total offense. they are vulnerable, and it showed against an offense who was basically inefficient all year.

Brian, PLEASE, I beg you. Do some research before you debate me. I like you, I really do, but you can't come to my table with guesses and outlandish comparisons. Just admit that the statement "ELi will show Favre what a REAL NFL QB does" was ridiculous, and you're off the hook.
Well it was a joke that lead off to a post that was made earlier, that was moved from one thread to this. Everyone thinks Favre is some kind of walking legend, meanwhile he has been basically pathetic in his last 4 playoff experiences.

From ESPN.com

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California freshman standout O.J. Mayo might have violated an NCAA rule by accepting free tickets to Monday night's NBA game between Denver and the Los Angeles Lakers from Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony.

Mayo told reporters Tuesday he had received the tickets, which were located behind courtside seats near mid-court at Staples Center and had a face value of $230 each.

"We don't know the specifics of the situation and won't be able to comment," NCAA spokesman Erik Christianson said Wednesday in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

USC sports information director Tim Tessalone declined comment on behalf of the university.

NCAA bylaw 16.11.2.2.3 states that student-athletes may not receive "free or reduced-cost admission to professional athletics contests from professional sports organizations, unless such services also are available to the student body in general."

The NCAA could consider Anthony a friend who gave Mayo the tickets rather than a representative of the Nuggets, perhaps making the matter legal by NCAA standards.

Mayo, averaging a team-leading 19.7 points and 4.6 rebounds, said Anthony made the offer of tickets at a party he hosted Sunday night.

"I was talking to him like, `Man, you're out pretty late. You've got a game tomorrow night against Kobe [Bryant],"' Mayo said. "He said, `Nah, it will be all right.' And then he asked, `You want to come to the game?' And I was like, 'Sure.' "

So now I ask you does the NCAA need to not worry about this or go after this to take away OJ Mayo's amateurs status. I think you can look at it as he was getting the tickets from a friend so who gives a damn that the ticket came from Melo. Ok they were courtside, but damn some of these players can not take anything free without risk of losing amateur status. I say the NCAA needs to re-do their rules a wee bit as some of these bylaws are bullshit. I really doubt that they will do anything as we all know OJ is just at USC for this year only.

No way should O.J. Mayo lose his amatuer status because he took some tickets. Like you said a friend gave it to him. It just so happens his friend was Carmelo Anthony. It's the same exact thing as his non-famous friend giving him something, so if that were the case, he shoulda lost his amatuer status a long time ago because he prolly took gifts on his birthday, its the same thing. And besides Tim Floyd gave him permission to take the tickets. I see no harm in receiving gifts from your friend to go out and have a great time. NCAA rules sometimes can be so insane its not even funny. Sooner or later they are gonna say you cant receive a scholarship anymore because someone gave you that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back