• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Sacrifice Discussion

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
sacrifice2009.jpg

24th May 2009

Please give reasons for listing cards

Wow, just fucking wow. TNA directly stole their promotional poster from Gears of War. For those of you who don't know, Gears of War is a video game franchise on Xbox. The main character in the game wears exactly what Styles is wearing in the above picture. That's just sad.

Anyway, Lockdown was apparently half decent, which is a lot more than what can be said for a majority of TNA Pay Per Views. I'm assuming we are going to see AJ Styles in a gimmick match on the card. I'm also expecting a possible Mick Foley vs Jeff Jarrett match for the TNA World Title. The Main Event Mafia vs Frontline angle is taking forever, and the babyfaces still haven't been put over as good as I would like them to be. Expect some more matches between these two stables.

What are your predictions and thoughts for Sacrifice? Please don't list spoilers in this thread and feel free to list cards, as long as you add detail to them.

The poster reflects TNA's approach to the wrestling business - steal gimmicks, talent and ideas.

It's what DOESN'T separate TNA from the WWE. Say what you want about their "upside" or their "potential" or their "bright future", but until they start thinking with the originality part of their creative brains, they'll never be more than a televised Indy wrestling league.

Yes, WCW stole wrestlers & stole gimmicks, but Bischoff and Russo had original, creative ideas (NWO, Goldberg, etc...).

well apparently you didn't watch impact. they already announced that mick foley has to defend in a four way match. participants yet to be named. i'm guessing aj will be in that match. also, on the program you apparently don't bother watching before posting a discussion thread on its ppv, aj styles cut a promo in that get up. look it up. they have a tag team tourney goin on as well. it seems like beer money is in serious mode in route to gettin the titles back. im guessin rematch.

well apparently you didn't watch impact. they already announced that mick foley has to defend in a four way match. participants yet to be named. i'm guessing aj will be in that match. also, on the program you apparently don't bother watching before posting a discussion thread on its ppv, aj styles cut a promo in that get up. look it up. they have a tag team tourney goin on as well. it seems like beer money is in serious mode in route to gettin the titles back. im guessin rematch.

Oh yeah now I remember. TNA doesn't make things stick in my head very well, unlike the WWE. Well, then I'm assuming it would probably be Mick Foley vs Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe. That sounds pretty good to me. I'm not expecting to see Sting on the card. For some reason I have the feeling he's taking a few months off, though I could be wrong about that.

And yes I did watch iMPACT this week. So don't come in and criticize me for no reason. You must be one of those completely... normal fans that TNA shows every week ;)

I'm expecting the finals of the tag team tournament to take place here. Possibly Beer Money vs LAX could be the match that takes place actually. While AJ Styles defends his Legends Title in a gimmick match against either Nash, Steiner or Booker.

I think AJ is going to defend against both Nash and Booker, simply because there's been some bad blood brewing there due to their lady friends who accompany them to the ring. I think they'll try to work together for a while, but when Sharmell and the Survivor bitch start going at it, they'll start arguing with each other and AJ will capitalize.

I don't think Beer Money is en route to a rematch, rather, they're on their way to a break-up. They're not fun anymore, the dude lost his little cooler scooter he rode in all the time, I think TNA is trying to show they're pissed, and pissed people fight with each other, especially after another team, maybe LAX, maybe the Motor City Machine Guns, beats them in the finals to get a shot at the titles.

I also expect the knockout title to be defended between at least Angelina Love and Awesome Kong. Not much to talk about here.

For the Four Way sacrifice match, I'm pretty sure at least one will be Kurt Angle. He doesn't seem to be up to much anyway other than creaming himself at the sight of Bobby Lashley, and he already said he'd sacrifice being the leader of MEM. I also see Samoa Joe getting involved somehow, but he's too creepy and mysterious for me to tell what's up with him and what he's going to sacrifice. I also don't know who the third might be, maybe Lashley will get involved, or maybe Daniels, or maybe Jarret. If it's Jarret, I could see him sacrificing his share of the company if he's pinned, because him and Mick have been arguing about that a lot lately it seems.

i have been humbled and will apologize, as i fucked up and forgot aj already has the legends title as well. lol. im not a tna mark as i like both companies equally. i sincerely hope your wrong about jarrett tho. maybe chris daniels? they seem to be tryin to present him as a main eventer now. my point about the aj promo is that they were sayin its not a video game and was imitating gears. not unlike wm whatever when they went hollywood. not a fair comparison but you know what i mean.

The poster is quite like the one WWE did for Survior Series afew years back with Edge with a chainsaw. I do like TNA and think it should be on alot more in the UK (Yes i know its on Bravo 2 on Saturday nights but, i have a life and i'm usualy busy on Saturday nights) and that they really should push the x division ALOT more than they do.

X division was what made it different from WWE, but it is ashame that it has gone slightly downhill since the Joe/Dannels/Styles days and TNA should start to bring up some more guys. It was such a bad move when TNA broke up there working realationship with ROH.

As for Angle, i really can't stand him. This Main Event Mafia is just such a crappy idea from creative because we are not in the 90's anymore and the 'big star' is not Hulk Hogan. Its Angle. The great thing about Hogan when he formed the NWO, was that Hogan was such a huge face, the shock of him turning heel was good enough for a 5 year storyline. TNA really needs a big shake up of its storylines because, if they were more inovative with them they could easily take over WWEs sub standard, same old BS wrestling with pretty good storylines and characters.

TNA really needs to stop taking in WWE cast offs as well (i do know that most left WWE for TNA, but to the casual viewer, it looks like the wrestlers were no good in WWE so they went to WWE). I was not shocked to see Bobby Lashly turn up at Lockdown, but we really need to remember that he really wasn't a big star in WWE and cannot cut a promo to save himself. Bad move by both TNA and Lashly, who should've stuck to MMA.

I really do like TNAs pro wrestling lots but, these things i've bitched about just annoy me as a wrestling fan.

As for Sacrifice, I'm wanting Amazing Red and Suicide to win 3D's tourny just because it is such a pleasure watching those guys work.

Styles will probibly be against Big Poppa Pump for The Legends Title, the 4 way match will probibly be Foly vs Jerret vs Angle vs Lashly and the knockouts division is shaping up for something really good to.

No doubt i'll recieve some messages about my comments about TNA and i'll be looking forward to reading them.

Wow, just fucking wow. TNA directly stole their promotional poster from Gears of War. For those of you who don't know, Gears of War is a video game franchise on Xbox. The main character in the game wears exactly what Styles is wearing in the above picture. That's just sad.

I don't like TNA and think that they do copy most of their stuff but they didn't rip off the GoW thing, they already said on impact that they were promoting the franchise with epic games.

Four Way Ultimate Sacrifice Match for TNA World Heavyweight Championship (Special Referee/Enforcer - Bobby Lashley)
Mick Foley (c) vs. Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting/?Booker T?

TNA Legends Championshp
AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe

Team 3D Invitational Tournament Final (Team 3D on Commentary)
Beer Money vs. Suicide & The Amazing Red

TNA Knockouts Championship
Angelina Love (c) vs. Awesome Kong

LAX (Homicide & Hernandez) vs. Brutus Magnus & Doug Williams

Mick Foley sacrifice whoever pins him becomes New TNA World Champion.
Kurt Angle sacrifice whoever pins him becomes New Leader of MEM.
Jeff Jarrett sacrifice ?
Sting sacrifice?
Booker T sacrifice?

Bobby Lashley will play a role in the Main Event, it will create interest & intrigue as to where his loyalties lie.

As Mick Foley hit Jeff Jarrett with a chair i expect Jarrett to be apart of the Ultimate Sacrifice Match.

The feeling within TNA right now is that Sting character is the freshest that it has been since joining the company, and he was left off this weeks two IMPACT tapings in an effort to keep it that way and protect the character from over saturation. I expect Sting to return & use his rematch clause. However if Sting does ot return i expect Booker T to take his place.

AJ Style vs. Samoa Joe is on mark my words, you can see the tension.

I Rekon the TNA Tag Team Titles Match for the winners of the Team 3D Invitational Tournament will be held at Slammiversary therefore the Finals of the Tournament will be held at Sacrifice between Beer Money (Who are kept Strong by reaching the finals) & the new team of Suicide & The Amazing Red will be the challengers in my opinion.

It's co-promotion my friend.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1291/84/

gears2.jpg

gears3.jpg

- TNA Wrestling is teaming up with Epic Games, creators of the popular "Gears of War" series, for something very special to promote an upcoming TNA Pay-Per-View event. More details to follow in the coming weeks...

I really hope they don't do some stupid gimmick match with AJ Styles and gears of war, but it's TNA, so they will.

I saw it on the website ''I am not a character in a video game'', but A.J., you're dressed like one.

It amuses me how TNA promotes something buy they actually get their wrestlers to do it as an angle or they work it into a promotional video.

If only WWE did something Skittles related, or better yet, UFC has a fighter called Xyience. I'm optimistic he'd have Xyience written all over him like Hakushi.

AJ vs Nash vs Booker (Legends title)

Foley vs Angle vs jarrett vs Sting (World)

Team 3D vs MCMG (I hope) (Tag team)

Love vs Kong

...that's all i got so far

The only announced match up thus far is the four way, so let's fill in the gaps there first.

Ultimate Sacrifice Four-Way for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship Mick Foley (c) vs Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett vs AJ Styles

Bit of a convoluted match, but so be it. Foley and Angle are confirmed for thsi, their respective sacrifices being the WHC and Leadership of the Mafia. I figure Jarrett will build his feud with Foley over the next couple weeks, get extremely fed up, and stake his claim in TNA. Styles, at some point, will probably stake the Legends title and get into things. I considered Bobby Lashley, but I thought, what the hell does he have to sacrifice?

Onto some ideas...

Sting vs Bobby Lashley

I don't rightly know, but this is the best I can think of. Sting looks like he's turned on the Mafia, with the closing moments of Impact featuring him with a chair standing over Angle. Alright. If I'm right in assuming Bobby Lashley is soon to join the Main Event Mafia, then it makes sense for Angle to sick his new best buddy onto Sting, and boom, there you have it. I think it'd be a solid match and a hell of a way for Lashley to make his way into TNA, hopefully picking up a victory over the Icon.

Team 3D (c) vs The British Invasion for the TNA World Tag Team Championship

I think Suicide will be doing something else, so that takes out his team. Young & Murdoch is a horrible idea. Beer Money has been done, very well, but one more time is a bit much. I had to think to remember the other team and finally recalled it was Brutus Magnus, who's a steaming pile of disappointment, and Doug Williams, whose indy work I adore but who will probably be ruined by TNA. Anyway. The British Invasion is the only other way for this to go, and it's not very promising, but there it is. I think they're serious about pushing these guys, and winning the tourney and going for a tag title match is a great way for that to happen. Either they win the titles or it ends in a DQ. I hope it's a dirty finish and we can extend it out to another PPV where the Brits can have the titles if TNA likes. It's a good way to get them over as a team, but the two that compose the Invasion are going to need a lot of work to be any good.

Suicide (c) vs Chris Sabin vs Alex Shelley vs Christopher Daniels for the X Division Championship

It seems the logical way to go. The Guns hate Suicide, Daniels will probably be pissed that Suicide is besmirching his name. So, let's fight about it. This could be either a good way to get Suicide over more or get the title on Daniels in a much more deserving fit. I could say it's a way to get the Guns over, but that ship has sailed, hasn't it? I'd hope Daniels walks out with the title, but it'd probably stay on Suicide. Either way, some X Division goodness.

Angelina Love (c) vs SoJo Bolt for the TNA Knockouts Championship

I'm reasonably sure Bolt won a ladder match or something for a title shot. I can't say for sure. Anyway, she won't win, and she'll be as horrible in the ring as usual, but at least she'll be hot, which is all we can really ask for, isn't it? Angelina Love will be her usual gorgeously ****ty self, so all around, the hotness factor is turned on. It can almost make me ignore the fact that the match will be piss poor. Aren't TNA supposed to have great female wrestling? But I ramble. There might be another woman in the match. Wilde, maybe. Kong or ODB, perhaps. Wilde I'd be alright with, but Kong and ODB will seriously kill the hotness factor. Let's keep them out of it.

Booker T vs Kevin Nash

The Mafia exploded once with much bigger implications and has stuck around, so why not twice? These two are angry at each other because Kevin Nash has a hot reality show bitch. Or something as perfectly logical as that. Sharmell is being mean about it as well. I'm praying, hoping, they keep this a singles match, but it'll probably be a mixed tag and just horrible. Still, I can dream.

Samoa Joe vs Anybody

I don't know, but I don't see Joe left off the PPV card. He hates everyone, so what does it matter. Probably Shark Boy or something. I don't know. Maybe it'll be Samoa Joe in a handicap match against Weight Watchers. No, I kid, I kid. I'm going to look at the roster and figure something out. Okay, now I have a real idea. Matt Morgan is probably going to join the MEM, so he's a good match up for Joe. There you have it. Joe will probably murder him, because I seriously doubt Morgan can lift him for that Hellevator, and his magical face paint will deflect the Carbon Footprint. Win.

Hopefully TNA surprises me with a good card, but the above is what I see it looking like. Not bad, but average.

Sacrifice Card Predictions:

World Heavyweight Championship: Mick Foley (c) v. Kurt Angle v. Jeff Jarrett v. Sting:

Mick Foley and Kurt Angle are confirmed. Angle is risking his leadership role of the Mafia, while Foley (obviously) is risking his Heavyweight Championship. I'm definitely believing Jeff Jarrett, and after iMPACT!, Sting will be the final two individuals involved.

Jarrett will risk giving Mick Foley full ownership/leadership over T.N.A, while Sting only realistically has his Career to risk. But all would be high risks, minus of course the leadership of a second-rate faction that's coming to an end, anyways.

In the end, I foresee Jeff Jarrett, or Kurt Angle walking out of this match-up the Heavyweight Champion, after pinning Mick Foley. Thus, noone will lose anything, outside of having a new Champion crowned. The alternative could very well be Sting pinning Angle, taking leadership of the Mafia, or Foley retaining by pinning Jarrett, taking full control of T.N.A

All of those outcomes would be enjoyable to see for future events, but only Foley being pinned and simply losing the title seems likely to happen.

Legend's Championship: A.J Styles (c) v. Samoa Joe:

After iMPACT! with Joe and Styles not seeing eye-to-eye, and with both needing a match-up, and everyone (Tenay/West) claiming the Originals are falling apart.. this is the most logical match-up I foresee happening.

Joe will likely win with some type of Tazmission (assuming Taz is the guy leading him) and thus allowing Joe to become the only other Grandslam winner in T.N.A, to match Styles. (ironically, the two major Originals, as they're deemed, would be in a lone spot for history, if Joe wins the title)

I still doubt whoever is leading Joe, debuts here. Save it for Slammiversary.

Knockout's Championship: Angelina Love (c) v. Awesome Kong:

SoJo Bolt won a #1 Contender's ladder match, yes. But somehow several #1 Contender matches have been won and those winners have never really gotten Pay per view title matches. So I foresee SoJo's title shot being on iMPACT! with the winner facing Kong.

All I can hope is Kong doesn't re-capture the Knockout's Championship. What'd be the point of giving it to the Beautiful People, if you aren't going to slowly build to an uneasy alliance between Sky & Love?!

X-Division Championship: Suicide (c) v. Chris Saban v. Alex Shelley v. Chris Daniels:

Will Kaz finally be revealed? And I called him "Chris" because he isn't calling himself "Christopher" anymore. Stupid, yes. Infact, he isn't even "The Fallen Angel" anymore. He's just "That guy who returned, with a stupid new facial mustache".

I'd like to say Shelley reclaims his Championship, but why bother? They failed to push him as Champion the first time. Daniels likely wins here, Kaz is revealed. MCMG v. Kaz feud is pushed one direction.. while Daniels could feud with Homicide on the other end.

Mafia Catfight: Sharmell v. Survivor Chic:

They'll end up fighting at some point, you know they will. Booker & Nash will end up getting at each other's throats because of it too. So if Nash v. Booker, or some intergender tag match isn't happening here.. then the final straw of both girls fighting will.

Tag Team Championships: Team 3D (c) v. British InVasion v. Beer Money:

Beer Money won't be held out, but they're being played off as "tweeners". So a rematch between both Beer Money & Team 3D doesn't seem plausable, unless you add in the Ultra-heel British Invasion team. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'd be shocked if the British team wins the straps. But Team 3D won't hold onto them. Then again, a team-on-team match is more likely, since the winning team (not plural; teams) will gain a trophy and all this other crap by 3D. If it's the Brits, they'll just break all the stuff over Team 3D's heads.

Scott Steiner v. Bobby Lashley:

Why not? Lashley needs a solid debut match, and Steiner is the muscle guy being fed to every "known" name coming in/returning. Makes sense to me.​

ULTIMATE SACRIFICE FOR THE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion Mick Foley vs. Sting vs. Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett

If Mick Foley gets pinned, he loses the TNA Heavyweight Title
If Kurt Angle gets pinned, he gives up leadership of The Main Event Mafia
If Sting gets pinned, he has vowed to never wrestle again
If Jeff Jarrett gets pinned, he gives up his power in TNA

Should be a good match. Kurt Angle is active enough to compensate for Sting, Jeff Jarrett is toned enough to compensate for Foley and his belly.

I think I speak for everybody when I say it's great how TNA is pushing newer stars. Cross the line? TNA, I already did.

I-QUIT MATCH FOR THE TNA LEGENDS CHAMPIONSHIP
Booker T vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

Well, WWE is having a submission match. As this is TNA, Styles has to lose. Only by making him look weak can he truly become strong again.

I learn this as an apprentice under Disco Inferno.

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Champion Suicide vs. Daniels

Oh yeah, I get it. But won't this fuck with this years Feast Or Fired when Suicide is fired, removes his mask and is Chris Daniels? Yeah, I heard somebody write that on this very forum and I think it'll happen.

Also, the hype around this PPV revolves around Styles dressed up as a video game character from a game I don't play saying ''We are not characters in a video game''. Well, not all of you A.J. but.......

TNA KNOCKOUT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion Angelina Love vs. Awesome Kong

Probably the reason I won't watch this show....or is it!

MAIN EVENT MAFIA VS. TNA FRONTLINE
Kevin Nash vs. Samoa Joe

I like Nash more than Joe now. It's probably the weight thing. If we're honest, we prefer to look at slender tall guys over fat Samoans. Am I right or am I right?

THE FIRST-EVER KNOCKOUTS MONSTER'S BALL
Taylor Wilde vs. Daffney

You know there's something wrong when a female in a major wrestling company takes a bump into some thumb tacs (''Thumb tacs, Jake?'', Yeah, for the Americans.).

THE FINALS OF THE TEAM 3D TOURNAMENT
Beer Money, Inc vs. The British Invasion

Gladiators got cancelled, that measn Brutus might be around for a while. Good job he can only fuck up a quarter of the match. Statistically speaking that is.

Tastycles' late Sacrifice Review

Eric Young and Lethal Consequences vs Motor City Machineguns and Sheik Abdul Bashir

Not a bad starting match, but it perhaps epitomises TNA's insistance on shoe horning every wrestler onto their cards. Young and Bashir really had no business in this match at all, but it wasn't a problem really. Anyway, some pretty good work, and I like that Young didn't do anything, I just hope it actually goes somewhere. Consequences Creed has the potential to be a big deal in pro wrestling.
Man of the match: Consequence Creed, Chump of the match: Nobody really, maybe Young for inactivity. 7.3 out of 10

Taylor Wilde vs Daffney Monster's Ball

Hmmmmnnn... not too sure about this one. It was essentially a bit rubbish, and call me sexist, but there is just something a little unsettling about a woman being threatened with drawing pins by a giant man. I don't know, it was alright I suppose, but I don't really understand the association between Daffney and Dr. Stevie. One minute she's an abused patient, the next she's some sort of pseudo lover. Very bizarre. I like Taylor Wilde though, probably my favourite Knockout. Man of the match: Taylor Wilde, Chump of the match: Daffney 4.1 out of 10

TNA X Division Title Daniels vs. Suicide

This was quite a good match throughout, but the ending didn't really make much sense. I get that it makes Daniels look better, but why only continue for 5 minutes? Also, why would the Guns, who have made it clear they don't like Daniels, want him to hold the title? It's quite a strange one, but then so is the whole Suicide angle, to be honest.
Man of the match: Daniles, chump of the match: The bookers 7.6 out of 10

TNA Knockouts Championship: Angelina Love vs. Awesome Kong

This match was abysmal. Angelina Love can't wrestle and isn't attractive enough for it not to matter. Awesome Kong is stale, and I think she's reached the end of the road here. Very little else to be said really, poor match. Man of the match: Awesome Kong, Chump of the match: Angelina Love 2.9 out of 10

Samoa Joe vs. Kevin Nash

Allegedly Samoa Joe used to be entertaining, but I really can't see it to be honest. I've watched some of his older matches and he was better, but hardly the second coming. Here was one of the worst performances I've seen him give. It wasn't dreadful, but it wasn't exactly good, Nash is gash, and everyone knows it, but this could ave been so much worse than it was to be honest. Man of the match: Beligirently saying Joe, Chump of the match: Nash 5.7 out of 10

Beer Money vs British Invasion

Brutus Magnus is nowhere near as shit as he was a few months ago, but that's not really saying very much. This match was alright at best, but Beer money are capable of much better. The most frustrating thing about this is that it's set up yet another Beer Money vs 3D match, which is really quite unecessary. Man of the match: Doug Williams, chump of the match: Brutus Magnus 5.7 out of 10

AJ Styles vs Booker T (I quit match)

I'm not a big fan of this sort of I quit match really. I find submission wrestling boring, and when carried out by two non submission wrestlers, it's made worse. I get the ending for the purpose of extending the angle, but I don't believe stating a match is only over when someone says "I quit" and then having it end differently is a good idea. Similarly, why wasshe allowed to throw the towel in, she just walked down to the ring and did it, she wasn't Booker's manager. Next time I watch a match, I may just toss in a towel for one of the guys, just because apparently it's allowed. Man of the match: AJ Styles, Chump of the match: the bokers. Again. 7.1 out of 10

Ultimate Sacrifice Match: Mick Foley vs. Sting vs. Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett

This was a good match and was played out perfectly. Kurt Angle and Jarrett carried the match, and they should have done, largely because they are the best two by quite some margin. The result was good because it meant that the least important change was made and it was one that makes sense. This match was the only one on the card that surpassed my expectations. Man of the match: Jeff Jarrett, chump of the match: Foley 8.0 out of 10

Production and extras

TNA are getting better and better with the production and there wasnt any spelling mistakes or typos this month, so well done on that front. Don West is tolerable these days, and Mike Tenay is probably a better play by play than anyone on WWE television right now. There are a few gripes though: the lengthy intros to the story behind each match while good for the main events, is unecessary for the undercard, if we've been watching impact, as all PPV viewers will have been, we know the score. Secondly, the X-factor/tale of the tape type screens are really quite 80s, they need to go, and for the love of God TNA, run your PPVs somewhere other than the Impact Zone6.5 out of 10

Overall

This PPV lacked a certain something and came off very mediocre. There wasn't a great match on the card, and there was certainly a few let downs. TNA, your audience doesn't want to see two knockouts matches, so don't put it on. 53.9 out of 90 (60%)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back