• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Lucha Underground Spam Thread

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
I know there are plenty of posters who watch, so I'm shocked one of these hasn't been made yet. I only recently got into the product about a month ago but have caught myself up on all their episodes and love it, think it's the best weekly wrestling show on TV hands down and is doing some innovative stuff with their backstage vignettes. So use this thread to discuss all things Lucha Underground my friends.

I'm watching tonight's episode currently, about to start the main event. Very happy to see my dude Willie Mack getting some TV exposure, this guy is gifted in the ring and has just uncanny athleticism for a big man. Also, that opener between Mundo and Angelico was really good, made Angelico look great in the loss as a young up and comer with a bright future.

Did you watch last weeks show? I feel it's been the best one of the series so far.

What'd you think of Aztec Warfare?

Great match, which until this one was the best match the company had yet. It's crazy how much better their version of a Royal Rumble was than the WWE's. Great booking, fun spots, eliminations. Whole thing was a great way to crown a first champion, I wasn't quite as high on it as some people because I think I gave it just ***3/4 on the blog, but then, I'm a jaded old fart. Still though, great match.

When I first heard the concept I thought it was going to be ridiculous. Now I wonder why the Rumble wasn't always Pin/Submission.

Did you watch last weeks show? I feel it's been the best one of the series so far.

I did indeed and it was yet another great episode. The last two matches were just great shit, especially that street fight. I never thought I would ever look at Konnan as a genial old babyface legend character to root for, but shit, I did. Glad to see Brian Cage getting this exposure too, he's awesome. Honestly shocked WWE hasn't come calling for him yet.

When I first heard the concept I thought it was going to be ridiculous. Now I wonder why the Rumble wasn't always Pin/Submission.

It is a great concept. I've seen it done in Japan before but nothing on the level of a Rumble or anything.

I did indeed and it was yet another great episode. The last two matches were just great shit, especially that street fight. I never thought I would ever look at Konnan as a genial old babyface legend character to root for, but shit, I did. Glad to see Brian Cage getting this exposure too, he's awesome. Honestly shocked WWE hasn't come calling for him yet.

Cage is getting an insane level of exposure and training from AAA right now. On top of what he's doing in Lucha Underground he's also feuding with Alberto Del Rio in AAA for the Mega Championship.

I've never seen anything in LU other than Aztec Warfare. Are these shows readily available through nefarious means?

Dude, it's got serious money behind it, it's affiliated with the biggest company in Mexico, it's on television in the US and Mexico, and you've got guys like Alberto Del Rio and Johnny Morrison in it. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but if you can find TNA, ROH, WWE, PWG or NJPW for free, you can definitely find LU.

On a sidenote towards positivity, if you want a place to go to for all these sorts of things, let me know.

Noticed some editing problems on this episode for Sexy Star. She looked way different in the scene with Dario than for her match, which made it look like she came from where Big Ryck and his boys did, then jumping across to the other side to go down the stairs.

They needed someone after Aguayo, I suppose. How do you watch so much AAA stuff anyway, Killjoy?
Weekly. They film a tribute show for Aguayo today with Del Rio vs Cage in a non-title match as the main event. Cuerno and Fenix had a tremendous match on PPV that'll air on Youtube in a few weeks.

AAA just announced that Cage pinned Del Rio. This dude is going places. Also, I've tried several times to get LU seats and the issues range from ordering too late. As in, seats are gone in less than a day. Or whoever I ask is scared shitless of Boyle Heights. I kid you not, this is a thing. The place seems to have a horrible reputation.

Robert Trujillo from Metallica appears this week on the show. Seriously, WWE isn't gonna get guys like that on TV interested in their product.

Also Jack Evans debuts. He's Angelico's tag team partner which is why they dress the same. And how ridiculously tame was he on the show?

Watch this week's episode. This is absolutely fantastic. From the debut of Jack Evans, to the 7 Person match to Fenix backstage and of course the main event. It's not a major match, but my God, they just hook you on for next week. Dario Cueto is the best heel GM since Mr. McMahon in the 90's. And this episode ends on a very Attitude Era-esque ending.

I hate Jack Evans.

Does anyone know if they plan on releasing the first season on DVD when it's done?
I was never really a fan. But the man is completely different here.

It might go on Netflix but I'm not sure. No DVD deal so far.

I'm not sure if anyone else caught this a few weeks ago, but I watched the Trios tag team championship match again just to see Angelico's insane dive from the platform. As awesome as the dive was, look at Vampiro's reaction in the background as Angelico lands. He pulls his headset off, puts both hands on his head, and runs away from the commentator booth screaming. I laughed my ass off when I caught this. If you still have this episode on your DVR, go back and check it out. You'll love it. Vampiro is awesome.

Cage is awesome. I remember someone telling me that he needed others to make himself look good. He's just good and it shows.

Few episodes behind but plan on binge watching them tonight. Left off at the Trios episode.

And I completely agree with you on Cueto Killjoy, he's awesome in his role because he's obviously an actual actor as opposed to some athlete trying to attempt acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back