• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Hell in a Cell PPV Discussion

dobieman0488

Dark Match Jobber
For the HIAC ppv, is it fair to assume we're going to see triple h vs orton for the final time? It's really the only feud that warrants a hell in a cell match right now.

I don't think so. I mean before Cena vs Orton it was Triple H vs Orton. I can't see them going back to it yet again. Its not something I would pay to see either. Its just been done to many times already. I think they need to cont. elevating some of these younger, fresher faces up the chain for the next few months and see how that plays out(MVP, Morrison, Christian, etc.) as they work they're way up to the Royal Rumble.

I would like to see that match. Shortly after WrestleMania, when HHH and Orton were having their rivalry, I was hoping that they would have a match in HIAC. Their rivalry was personal, and it would make sense to end the rivalry there. Besides, both men are HIAC veterens- Orton's been in the match once, and Triple H has been it more times than I can remember. Off the top of my head I can think of 7 times, but I may be wrong. Hopefully they will do this, because I can't think of another RAW match that would be exciting for HIAC.

For the HIAC ppv, is it fair to assume we're going to see triple h vs orton for the final time? It's really the only feud that warrants a hell in a cell match right now.

How can you assume this when:

a. Orton and Triple H aren't feuding
b. Triple H is currently in DX again
c. Hell in a Cell is for the Main Events only ie - World Title matches.

If anything it will be Cena and Orton facing off, it's likely due to it being to keeping outside interference from playing a role. The feud with Cena and Orton is FAR from being over despite the "I Quit" Match.

If I have to be honest, I am sick of people saying "Triple H and Orton to face in the Cell" when the feud has been done to death and it has been finished for now, they can't pull out on two feuds just to put Triple H in a Cell, it might have him in a Cell with DX, but it's not going to be with Orton.

While Punk and Taker is confirmed more or less as the feud only just begun, I cannot see Orton/Cena nor DX/Legacy ending so soon come Sunday. Given DX was built for a big return, they won't pull the plug on them when they've barely been around for a month.

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN
HELL IN A CELL A fatal four-way MATCH FOR THE WWE TITLE
john cena vs triple h vs Shaun Michaels vs (c)randy orton
first off this would have alot ppv buys
randy cheats in the i quit match. john gets his rematch at hell in a cell. 2 qualifing matches for a world title shot at hell in a cell.triple h vs big show, shaun michaels vs chris jericho. dx wins the matches. john and randy hype there feud. hbk tells hhh that he is going to do what it takes to win the match cause he thinks he is on his his last run and that this year could be his last wm. then hhh turns heel on michaels.

the chances of this happening are slim to none but it would be great

There will probably be 3 Hell In A Cell Matches and these have about 70% of happening:

1. John Cena vs Randy Orton- WWE Title Match- Winner John Cena.

2. CM Punk vs The Undertaker- World Heavyweight Title Match- Winner Undertaker.

3. DX vs Legacy.

I know it will never happen, but I'd like to see a WarGames match inside Hell in a Cell. DX/Cena (and maybe another one or two wrestlers on Raw that could use a push) vs. Legacy (and a couple other heels). Vince has not and will likely never use War Games, but it would be a nice change of pace for the brand and produce a lot of buys.

I know it will never happen, but I'd like to see a WarGames match inside Hell in a Cell. DX/Cena (and maybe another one or two wrestlers on Raw that could use a push) vs. Legacy (and a couple other heels). Vince has not and will likely never use War Games, but it would be a nice change of pace for the brand and produce a lot of buys.

Well for what it's worth, every Hell In a Cell match in History has involved either the Undertaker or HHH. Even the kane/mankind match had 'taker interfere.

Everyone always talks about how boring the Orton HHH Cena triangle has been....including there matches. Rarely do we see a HIAC match that isnt boring. so maybe a match at HIAC wouldn't be so bad, so i see a HIAC match happening and hopefully we'll get a FINAL match out of this and it will be a good one. Orton vs HHH at HIAC. i see Orton pulling one more out of this before starting something fresh at Bragging Rights or Survivor Series. like maybe a legacy break up.

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN
HELL IN A CELL A fatal four-way MATCH FOR THE WWE TITLE
john cena vs triple h vs Shaun Michaels vs (c)randy orton
first off this would have alot ppv buys
randy cheats in the i quit match. john gets his rematch at hell in a cell. 2 qualifing matches for a world title shot at hell in a cell.triple h vs big show, shaun michaels vs chris jericho. dx wins the matches. john and randy hype there feud. hbk tells hhh that he is going to do what it takes to win the match cause he thinks he is on his his last run and that this year could be his last wm. then hhh turns heel on michaels.

the chances of this happening are slim to none but it would be great

Well hell we've already had a 6-way HIC for the Title (Believe that was billed as the original six-pack challenge) so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch...

But having a 3-on-3 HIC is much more likely than this... and hell we might just see that...

I don't think it will be Orton vs. Triple H. Remember, Batista is returning to RAW next week. If Orton somehow successfully makes Cena say "I Quit", then Orton will face Batista at Hell in a Cell.

Remember, it was Orton who took out Batista and made him relinquish the World Wrestling Entertainment Championship. Batista will undoubtedly want revenge.

I see this pay-per-view playing out fairly simple. From what I understand It is only title matches that will be in a cell.

Orton or Cena vs Whoever...It feels like Batista will be in on this, he isn't really know for putting on exciting matches and he has gotten worse over the few years. My choice for main event would be.
-HHH and HBK had a moment when Dusty hosted where they were talking about wanting the title. That would be great to make literal. Give them 3 weeks and have a best out of 3 falls. Those would be 3 awesome matches and the outcome really could go either way. But, if this is Shawn's last year then they will probably wanna save that for WM.
-Orton vs Cena seems the most likely with Orton regaining the title after losing this Sunday (I see them giving it to Cena on Sunday...Vince can't let his favorite tap out to the Viper).

CM Punk vs The Undertaker. Regardless of where we are at with who holds the title, this is gonna happen. They better put on a good match Sunday or i'm gonna be pissed.

The Jericho Show vs Legacy or DX...possible Harts, but doubtful.
-DX has never held the titles and they want DX in a cell, that is a main selling point, so why not have DX vs Jerishow, would be a really good match.
-Legacy, if they have any interest in keeping Legacy together then they will probably go for the titles, but I see a break down coming.
-Hart Trilogy, not sure why I even brought it up...not gonna happen, too early.
-Best Scenario, DX vs Legacy vs Jerishow...what a mess, might be fun

Morrison vs Ziggler....Match of the fucking year, who has not wanted to see Morrison in a cell, be honest.

Kofi...? They have started no build up...did they just give up? If they want Kofi to get deep enough into a feud where a cell match would matter then they should have already gotten farther into it. My guess will be no US title match or a thrown together one will like 6 guys, maybe a pointless one vs the Miz....rivalries need build up.

ECW...probably Christian vs Regal, makes the most sense right now.

I hate this Hell in the Cell PPV concept and the rumored TLC PPV. First of all it takes away the surprise of said gimmick matches. Also if these gimmick matches are used multiple times on the same PPV it will take away from the novelty of the gimmicks. Plus you ruin the ability to market a surprise Hell in the Cell match as a big deal for another PPV. The same thing with this submission match PPV. Albeit submission matches are not as iconic and there hasn't been many in recent memory I still feel gimmick matches should be used sparingly in order to preserve the mystique of gimmick matches. They should be used to entice a viewer to buy a PPV because they are rare and fans know it will be a spectacle, something they may not see for a while. Plus I just love a good old fashioned wrestling match between two people telling a compelling story in the ring.

Chances are that CM Punk vs Undertaker will be in the cell which IMO would be horrible at this point. The cell is meant to be an end to a feud. I can't see Punk retaining in the cell one on one so my thought would be make it a six pack challenge between

Undertaker
CM Punk
Matt Hardy
Rey Mysterio
Kane
Batista

It would give a mainevent focus on Smackdowns six maineventers (let Ziggler vs Morrison on the undercard this ppv for the IC title)

Have Punk retain over a cheap finish possibly wait until Kane, Taker, Matt and Batista are on the outside and have Dynasty lock Rey and Punk in the Cage by themselves so Punk can decimate Rey with a chair and retain the title. The BOD could reunite to take out Dynasty after this giving them the Legacy/ DX rub Punk could feud with Rey over the steroids/ straight edge issue.

but back to my card

Hell in a Cell Cena vs Orton - Cena retains

Six Pack Challenge Punk, Taker, Kane, Batista, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio - Punk retains

IC Title Morrison vs Ziggler - Morrison Retains

Hell in a Cell DX vs Legacy - Legacy wins

Four way tag title MVP/Henry, Jerishow, Masters of Awesome (Miz & Masters), Cryme Tyme - Miz & Masters win Jericho feuds with Batista

U.S Title Swagger vs Kofi Kingston - Swagger wins

Throw in a pointless diva match and we have a pretty solid card

I thought this was interesting, from the main site:

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the WWE creative team is not happy with how the Hell in a Cell PPV concept is fleshing out. Creative is reportedly not in favor of there being three Hell in a Cell matches at the PPV, and since blood is not allowed in any of the matches, officials are having a difficult time laying out how the matches will play out.

Additionally, it's being said that the talent is not happy with the concept either, with certain veteran talents upset that there are too many cell matches on the show which will steal focus from one another.

I just thought that was interesting considering everyone whom I've read, for the most part, on the forum feels that way. What are everyone's thoughts?

There have been 16 HIAC matches in WWE History ... now we're pretty much going to increase that by 1/5... and that's why this is a really shitty idea. As countless others have said, part of HIAC's draw is the fact that we very rarely see it. What's the expectation going to be from one match to the next, there's only so much creative can give us. Plus now with the PG stupidity there can't even be blood in these matches, even less options for creative. Well so much from Orton rubbing Cena's face into the cage.

So we're using an already limited amount of creative options for three matches, great idea.

Depending on the order I could see it (hypothetically, again order based) going as such:

DX vs Legacy: Match stays in the cell, maybe they bash each others heads into the cell or something, but nothing really special (Legacy wins or maybe a squash match where they dominate and DX steals it). This way they keep the expectations up and put Legacy over some more.

Orton vs Cena: This time they get on top of the cage Orton, being the psychotic Viper, throws Cena off the roof (onto the Spanish announce table).

Taker vs Punk: Last match, Taker wins, either choke slams Punk or gives him the last ride, on top of the cell, putting him through the roof.

To me that's the only way this PPV has a chance of living up to expectations and keeping some of the mystique around the HIAC concept. Anything short of this will just kill it. I know what I said in the WWE/WHC Title matches has happened before, but seriously, what kind of options do we have? That's right, none, great gimmick, shitty concept for a PPV.

So tonight....we have 3 matches in the most demonic structure ever constructed, in the devils playground there will be violence, brutality and destruction......but no blood as thats no PG!

My question to you guys is, can a hell in a cell match succeed without anyone being beaten to a bloody pulp????

my opinion is this....i am of the belief that WWE has already ruined the image of hell in a cell due to there being 3 in a night and none of them looking like they will end any feuds, but with no blood could it be the total burial of one of the most devastating matches ever made??????

The mystique of the match is most certainly lost when you have three of them on the card.

As to blood...yeah, it's the PG era. Orton basically tortured Cena at BP, though. I don't think that anyone will INTENTIONALLY be busted open, but it's more than likely that someone involved in a Cell match will bleed before the end of the night. It's hard to imagine how to completely avoid blood in such an environment, no matter how careful the guys are to avoid situation that could lead to blood...

The Hell In a Cell match has been one of the most devastating matches to be in...its shorten careers and cause injuries... Now with the PG rating its just going to be a regular match thats just a little rougher...Look at one of the most recent HIAC matches.. Edge vs The Undertaker.. It was basically a TLC match in the cell. Now are they going to follow that and just make it a hardcore match or are they going to make it where they leave they cell this time?

Any thoughts??

Hell in a Cell used to be associated as something utterly brutal. Lots of bleeding, lots of holy shit moments, lots of non-stop action.

Remember Shawn vs Undertaker? First Hell in a Cell ever? The match was build AROUND the cell and it played a major role. Now its only role is to just...be there so the kiddies would "Ooh" and "Aah" at how shiny the metal on it is.

Remember when 'Taker hanged Bossman?

Most of the HIAC matches would end on top of the freakin' cell, and if we were lucky somebody would go -through- it.

However, the talent these days, apparently, doesn't have the cohonies to step up and bring some real HIAC attitude to the match. Sure, Vinnie told them not to, but honestly, if they go out there and murder eachother or at least have a typical HIAC match, and the crowd loves it, it brings ratings, would Vinnie be THAT mad? I don't think so.

Basically, it might be bold to say, but today's wrestlers are *****es. Back in the day, and FYI I'm not one of the people that cry their asses off about how good the Attitude Era was and how the PG era sucks, I like both, but back to topic. Back in the day you could get to the WWF the HARD way. Honestly, most of the guys if not all of them had at least 5-10 years of experience under their belts BEFORE they got to WWF.

Now? Now they come out straight out of training camp, their legendary daddy's villa and some of them straight out of their momma's womb. It's ridiculious.

So expect this PPV to suck major balls. Expect no blood, and expect a normal match inside a cell. Period.

Yeah, hard to call this "Hell" In A Cell anymore or an "Unforgiving" structure. I think having 3 HIAC's in one PPV seriously takes the life out of the match and makes it seem more like a normal type of match. On top of not having blood, I don't see the point really.

this ppv is going to suck because of the stupid PG era i mean come on, how in the hell can you have a match called hell in a cell with no blood thats like the old ECW having no weapons involed in any matches. a dumb choice by wwe the only hell in a cell match was mankind vs. the undertaker after that match no other hell in a cell match ever came close

Yeah, I agree. Nowadays, a fresh and original Hell in a Cell match is pretty tough to pull off, let alone 3 times in one night. The mystique of this kind of match is that we hardly ever see it, and it's reserved for the most brutal feuds, kind of like a "last resort" to finish a really brutal and personal feud. To have 3 in one night is a classic case of over-exposure. The 3rd cell match of the night will have a tough time thinking of fresh ideas that weren't done earlier in the night. I would imagine there was extensive meetings before hand of what the 2 first cell matches CANNOT do, to not take away from the 3rd.

But maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised...AND OMG I'm watching the PPV now and the Ninja Turtles are dancing. This PG era sucks.

Oh, and by the way, IMO, the Elimination Chamber is a much more demonic structure.

Yeah Triple H is going to DOMINATE the HELL in a CELL ppv as he will not sell to younger talent. This PPV is too predictable and is going to suck. I'd like to see somthing completely NEW in Hell in a Cell instead of Triple H, Orton, Cena, HBK and the boring list goes on and on and on... Since people like lesnar , rock, austin, RVD and Kurt Angle left what is left ? Except undertaker and mysterio I don't see anyone who stands out very well. Same old same old. What a suprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back