Gelgarin

Con T.

Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
Because let's face it, I trust his insight most on this

So I went on the Lou Thesz and Jack Brisco forum you posted on last year's tournament; for the record, really interesting that Lou used to post there, given his advanced age. I was mulling purchasing Hooker, but let's face it, that will set me back, and funds being what they are, I'd frankly rather not. But, I would buy a book called National Wrestling Alliance: The Untold Story of the Monopoly that Strangled Pro Wrestling.

Is this a worthy read?

Pretty sure you can still get Hooker for next to nothing thanks to the kind folks at Crowbar press.

As for the other book; I've never read it. People I know who have regard it as well written and wholly inoffensive but essentially unremarkable. Probably good for an overview of the era, but you're not going to get the kind of depth of conjecture that you'll get from diving into primary sources.

Yes. It was ok. It's not really much of an attack as the title would suggest, more of a collated history. It's quite good though, I learned a lot more from it than I have looking at the Internet. It's just gathering dust on my shelf, so it was a genuine offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back