• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

G-Mods - Regular Mods Evaluation time

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
G-Mods, please evaluate the regular mods, particularly the ones you think are doing their job well, and the ones you think need a little "encouragement".

Thanks.

It seems real life has kept Tastycles away from the boards quite a lot these past few months. As you sort of mentioned Sly, Old School and General Wrestling Discussion are the least moderated places right now.

GuyCompton also I know has a new job and started school, so that's been limiting his time on the boards, but he still manages the MMA Section with the official show threads and predictions contests, so I think he's still doing a fine job considering the circumstances.

And Ferbs, Dave, IDR, and Tdigs have all done a fantastic job since becoming mods, in my opinion.

So, yeah... I hate to say it because I really like the guy, but Tastycles is the only person I'd say who I think you might need to have a chat with, Sly and KB. Just see if he really wants to remain mod.

Ill be honest, I had to look at the forum leaders list to even know what the fuck Guycompton modded. Jus sayin. If JMT says he does a good job, then I trust he does a good job.

There seems to be a lot of duplicate shit / weak garbage / stuff in the wrong places in WWE. Not that I think Ferb and Dave dont handle their biz, just maybe they could use a third.

And obviously Tasty, but I dont think he needs a "pep talk" per se, it just seems like real life is keeping him busy, and im not one to penalize him for it. He doesnt strike me as the kind of guy who will stick around for too long if he cant be what he needs to be, so give it some time.

Phoenix
Doing a great job with not only WZCW but in the Debater's League. Nothing to complain about here.

Dave/Ferbs
I think they're really doing a good job in the WWE section. I've found a ton of posts that they miss while infracting but that's par for the course when you're moderating such a busy section. However, I don't feel they're working together as a team to cover the section during ALL hours of the day. It seems to me that both of them are moderating at the same time which leaves the AM hours (EST) for posters to come in and spam up the threads like crazy. I find myself playing major cleanup in the sections when I first come into work. But that's my only complaint which isn't really much.

Doctor
I think he's doing an ok job. But I feel he's getting too involved in things that need not concern him. Every time I warn/infract he seems to question it, add in his two cents, or try to stick his neck in. At times he's helpful but most of the time it's just plain annoying.

IDR
Fucking awesome in every way. Probably the best thing we could've done for the TNA section. He starts threads, keeps the section clean, is heavily involved in discussion, and just OWNS his section. Great work here.

Tasycles
Who?? I agree with jmt225 completely here. As much as we love Tasty, I think he's better as just a regular poster. He just doesn't have the time to moderate his sections.

IC25
This guy sucks. Fire him.

GuyCompton
Every time I check out the MMA section he's got something new up. Even though he's been busy with school and such, he's still found the time to give the section enough attention to keep it flowing in the right direction.

Did I miss anyone?

I think we need another in the WWE section and we need to replace the Old School/GWD mod. No need for additional in OS/GWD... just someone that can do the job.

So, according to some of you, maybe add another mod to WWE and Old School/General?

Yeah, I think Doc should be considered giving a wrestling section to work with. He's on a lot, and you know he'll constantly keep an eye on whatever section(s) you give him.

I'd agree with the consensus of potentially a replacement school/general mod and perhaps an additional WWE one, if nothing else for the workload. It's the biggest section here so it's understandable to give it some extra help.

As for Guy, MMA is the niche forum here. There aren't a ton of regular posters in there so I treat it like the e-fed, as in I hardly ever touch it or pay much attention to it.

That just makes the decision easier then. It's time for new blood in the WWE section.

As usual, I nominate Jack Hammer with every power in my being. No one, and I repeat NO ONE, is more deserving than he is when it comes to the WWE sections.

Yeah, I think Doc should be considered giving a wrestling section to work with. He's on a lot, and you know he'll constantly keep an eye on whatever section(s) you give him.

You know, I love Doc as a person. But he's the type of guy that if you give him an inch he'll take 20 miles. A responsibility like taking care of the WWE sections is quite the task but it should be handled by someone that's mature enough to take on the job. I just don't think he fits that mold.

Also he already has 2 sections. Giving him or anyone 3 sections is a bit of a stretch, especially with him just starting college.

Dave - No complaints, seems to do well with WZCW, can't say I've particularly noticed his presence in the WWE section though.

Ferbian - Bit daft but a very nice, well-meaning kid who works very hard in his section, can't ask for more than that, handles the WWE section very well.

Guy - The pillar of the MMA section, along with JMT of course. Couldn't ask for a better MMA mod.

IC25 - Who? This bum needs to GO! ;)

IDR - Gets on my nerves sometimes, but he does well with the TNA section, constantly starting discussions and driving debate, very good mod.

Phoenix - What does he mod again? WZCW? Can't really comment on it.

Tasty - Like others said, could probably use a PM just to see if he even still wants to continue being a mod.

TDigs - Does great with the Movies/TV section, no complaints at all.

Doc - Has done a bang-up job from day one, always helpful and is online frequently to help with any members problems, if anything he should get a shot at moderating a wrestling section sometime soon, he watches every WWE show just about and is always driving discussion in that section anyways.

Ty - Another WZCW dude so I can't really comment on how he's done there, but he's my homie so no complaints at all.

I think that's everyone, right?

You know, I love Doc as a person. But he's the type of guy that if you give him an inch he'll take 20 miles. A responsibility like taking care of the WWE sections is quite the task but it should be handled by someone that's mature enough to take on the job. I just don't think he fits that mold.

I'm curious as to how Doc isn't mature enough to handle the WWE sections D-Man? He's certainly mature, just as much as you or I. If fucking Ferbian is mature enough to moderate the WWE section, Doc most CERTAINLY is.

I'm curious as to how Doc isn't mature enough to handle the WWE sections D-Man? He's incredibly mature. If fucking Ferbian is mature enough to moderate the WWE section, Doc most CERTAINLY is.

I question Ferbian at times and questioned him when he was first nominated.

Doc sometimes gets too involved in things... especially things that don't concern him. And he jumps the gun on decisions at times which causes him to have bad judgment.

Just one man's opinion. It doesn't take away from the fact that I think he's a good guy.

I would like to start my JCK-HMMRZ 4 MODZ campaign now.

I would just like to reiterate that I feel no one is better suited to become an additional WWE mod more than Jack-Hammer.

So, then D Man, do you like, feel like Jack Hammer should be a mod and shit? I am confused as to what your opinion is on that....

Pretty much agree with what has been said. I can't comment on Guy as I don't even read MMA.

Ferbs is annoying as fuck but a great Mod.

Tasty's a weird one he seems to do a clear up about once a week, but for those sections do we require more?

Which backs up that I think he's fine for that section.

Also Doc has very much surprised me as a mod though he can get to big for his boots at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back