FunKay's College Project. Warning: Images Will Probably All Be Massive!

FunKay the Inevitable

People Like Me, We Don't Play
Recently I had been given a task in one of my classes at college. This project involved the creation of three pieces of media to promote a fictional film. Each piece is to be done of Photoshop.

For my project, I've chosen to create a new feature film that focuses on the rise and fall of a young, talented, handsome millionaire as he suffers a horrifying, scarring accident that renders him; DISFIGURED! The film's lead star is none other than Mr. Cody Rhodes and it is my proud honour to present to you the first piece in this project;

16m6k2d.jpg

This is a nearly finished version of my poster. There are some slight glitches I need to work out, but otherwise it's turned out magnificently (in my humble opinion). This was hard work, but not because it's particularly difficult to make, but because it's a lot of different layers and some slight, basic colour distortion.

Obviously I turned the photo of Rhodes black and white, but prior to this I fiddled with the hue and saturation to make the photo seem like it was taken from a paparazzi camera, and you can still see that the image is slightly brighter than the original render. I also decreased the opacity to give the effect that it was a part of the paper and not a separate layer.

The thumbprints were a simple case of using a light brush and going over it, with a low opacity, in red. I then rubbed the majority of the image out, leaving a smear. Subsequently, I decreased the opacity and mixed the colour down to give it a rusted effect.

Everything else was simply typing, drawing lines, image pasting and rotation. I think it's come out well thus far and hope I can produce two more pieces of work that are as good (possibly even better) than this.

So, any thoughts from the regulars of this section on this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back