• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Four" Symbol

WCW_Sting

The ONLY Franchise
Hopefully someone can help me on this. It's something I've always been curious about. Years ago when I started watching Monday Nitro, I always noticed that Chris Benoit had this weird symbol that resembled a "4" on his tights. I always figured it was his unique symbol for the Four Horsemen. Most of you will probably know what I'm talking about. Sorry I couldn't find better pictures than these.

005.jpg

030.jpg

A few years back, I stumbled upon footage of Brian Pillman in ECW on YouTube...wearing a shirt with the exact same symbol. My first thought was, "That's cool. He still considered himself a Horseman and was proud to be one." That thought may have been completely wrong, but I don't know.

256ctc4.png

Does anyone know what this symbol means? I quit watching wrestling from 1995 until Hogan turned heel, so were Pillman and Benoit using the symbol before Pillman left WCW? Did Pillman start wearing it in ECW, and did Benoit start wearing it to pay tribute after Pillman's death? If the answer is common knowledge, forgive my ignorance. Any answers or guesses will be appreciated.

Get over yourselves and enjoy some wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back