Fotunate sons

ZLT-truth316

Dark Match Winner
I remember a while back that the WWE wanted to make a stable called "The fortunate sons" featuring Ted Dibiase Jr. the leader but due to injuries to the members the WWE wanted to include in the group plans went through.
So I have an idea and wonder if you all would agree with me.
Since the Hart Dynasty has been broken up do you think maybe DH smith can join Dibiase? I think that can make a great team along with possibly Chave Guerrero and Primo? Think about it they are both fast and quick and maybe even the son of Mr. Perfect after the Nexus angle is over or he's kicked out. He can possibly be the mid-carder of the stable. What do you think?

LOL primo chavo dibase and DH? how are any of those not mid carders? most arent even!

this would be pointless and nobody would care.

Yeah, but sorry. Those are all jobbers.
The idea of the Fortunate Sons was awesome. Ted, Brett Dibiase and Joe Hennig (Michael Mcgillicutty).
Right now Ted is going nowhere. And I believed that would have helped Ted. A midcard version of Legacy. He's not able to go on his own and its holding him back. When Maryse turns on you for being shitty, then you're really in trouble.

It's just a thought I really feel that they all the potential in the world but they just aren't being used right

As good of an idea a stable which is based around second and third generation superstars sounds on paper, or here, text, with those superstars, it would just fail from the start. As said before it sounded good aswell with the original members mentioned for it originally but the list of guys OP mentioned, ehh..

DiBiase, yeah ok fair enough but Chavo and Primo? Lol I don't think a group that is 3/4 serious jobbers would get over. I am impartial to DH Smith, I don't like him but I don't hate him.

Not to mention, The Fortunate Sons sounds like Fourtune. They should have done this after Legacy broke up with Ted saying that he felt overshadowed by Orton and he could lead his own group or something like that but I think that Ted's gonna have to go on a bit of a winning streak and have a bit of a push before he gets a group.

Edit: Oh, and plus wasn't Legacy already the stable built around second and third generation superstars anyway? If they had done it again with TFS, it would have looked silly to try it again.

If they do it ...and its a big if they have to do it right. Play off the Million Dollar Heritage
Get Ted's Brother Bret maybe even reconcile with Dad and if they have to bring in muscle like Henry Godwin's Kid
But The focus should be the Dibiase Kids and have them use the money smart maybe have them even buying off a ref

I like your idea thread creator.Although like the other guys i dont like Chavo and Primos involvement in your plan but what about 5 guys and a diva as the fortunate siblings stable.

My idea would be,

Ted DiBiase
Brett DiBiase
Joe Hennig
Bo Rotundo
Husky Harris
Tamina

Anyone agree or disagree with this lineup ?

thats a pretty good line up.
you got your leader in Ted
Muscle in Husky
you could team joe and Brett and call them "million dollar Perfection' or something.... (kinda lame but i'm tired)
and tamina as the valet/ occasional wrestler.
the E is keeping Bo out for some reason and having 2 brother combinations is kinda redundant with husky there.

when the inevitable debiase brother fight happens you could have a shocker be that the brains behind it the whole time was Shane O' Mac saying that he is the ultimate 3rd generation superstar and he gets them on the same page.

now that i think about it, that group could easily have the us title, tag title, and womans title. fans would accept it and it would seriously legitamize Ted....

Please wwe see this and save Ted Debiase :)

I think if they ever go with the Fortunate Sons stable it should consist of:

Ted Dibiase (Leader) - It will make him relevant and give him some prestige instead of being a jobber.

Husky Harris - Drops the stupid name. When he leaves Nexus joins up with Ted.

Micheal McGillicutty - Like Harris drop the stupid name and join up with Ted after the Nexus.

Tamina (Advisor to Dibiase) - Turns heel

Joe Anoa'i - From FCW. Part of the famous Anoa'i family. Brings in some muscle.

Ted - US Champ
Micheal McGillicutty and Harris - Unfied tag Champions
Joe Anoa'i - Million Dollar Champion (holds that title)

No keep Ted Dibiase in singles because he deserves a singles push. Ted Dibiase should of never been put in a tag team in the 1st place when he was 1st called up from FCW because he has talent and he deserved a singles push right away. But WWE screwed it all up with Ted Dibiase like they know how to do, and this is why rookies cant get over with the crowd because WWE dont know how to use them the right way. Why do you think Vance Archer, Luke Gallows, and Mike Knox is gone from WWE because they were not getting over with the crowd and WWE wasn't gonna continue to waste their time and money on them.

In all honesty, would you have rather of had;
Fortunate Sons (Priceless)
- Ted Dibiase
- Cody Rhodes
- Manu
Or
Legacy;
- Randy Orton
- Cody Rhodes
- Ted Dibiase

Exactley, The "Fortunate Sons" would've never worked with out a maineventer, Ted & Cody where still middle card at best, and the whole point in the faction idea was to give the superstars a push.

Nah it wouldn't work and stables are being overdone at the moment. A second generation stable already existed in Legacy and even though it wasn't that great, it was better than anything this stable would be. Plus adding in all this young talent seems to be ripping off of Nexus while throwing some Legacy into it.

The main problem I see is the fact that you have Ted Dibiase Jr. at the head. At the moment he is nothing special. He's average in the ring at best and his mic skills are nothing to brag about. Add to the fact that he gets zero reaction and he's pretty shit at the moment. Him bringing back the Million Dollar Title and being walked to the ring by Maryse couldn't get a reaction because he is so bland, a Randy Orton carbon copy.

The reason why Legacy worked was because of Orton. He was the biggest heel in the company at the time and everything he touched seemed to turn to gold. Ted and Cody added very little to the stable and were in it simply to get a rub from Orton.

Ted needs to branch away from who his father is. Look at Cody, his Dashing gimmick is far and away from who Dusty Rhodes is. He's creating a legacy and persona of his own, not riding the coat tails of his father.

That being said nothing about the Fortunate Sons would work. The second generation stable has been done, the young and up and comers stable has been done, and their leader is bland and boring.

I would not want to see this. You already have Nexus on Raw and The Corre on Smackdown. Adding yet another stable in WWE would make things seem to messy. Also, with these two stables already functioning and taking up time on Raw and Smackdown, when could the Fortune Sons possibly have any time to make a significant impact? Superstars would be the only show where the Fortunate Sons could possibly have any time to shine, but I HIGHLY doubt WWE would do anything like this.

I had some expectations for Legacy at first, but that stable turned out to be a huge disappointment, and I think the Fortunate Sons would be even worse. Nothing about Ted's character is exciting, and I do think he would be a terrible leader. His matches aren't worth remembering, and his mic skills are pretty mediocre. If Ted still has Maryse by his side, then she could help him out a little bit, because she has a lot more personality than him. And all of the other proposed members of this stable wouldn't add any kind of spark. Chavo? Primo? DH Smith? McGillicutty can be decent in the ring, but he's not a talker at all. McGillicutty might get near the IC or US title, but Chavo and Primo aren't going to receive any major pushes in the future. Smith is okay, but he's another one who doesn't have a WOW factor. In fact, there's a good chance none of these men will go on to do big things in the WWE.

I don't know what happened with the Fortunate Sons stable idea, but If WWE decided to drop this planned stable, then I'm glad. This would be a waste of time, and I'm sure the Fortunate Sons would bore everyone to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back