Former World Champ Returning to IMPACT As Special Guest Ref for EY/Angle Match

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This according to IMPACTWrestling.com:

Impactwrestling.com has just learned a former TNA World Champion will return to be the Special Guest Referee for The TNA World Championship match between Champion Kurt Angle and challenger Eric Young this Friday night in a live broadcast of IMPACT WRESTLING on Destination America at 9/8c.

Which former champ will return to serve as Special Guest Referee?

Impactwrestling.com has been unable to confirm the identity, though we have learned the identity of the returning champion will be unveiled within the first five minutes of IMPACT WRESTLING this Friday night.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...iday-as-Special-Guest-Referee-for-Title-Match

--

If you ask me, this won't be anything out of left field. It'll be Bobby Lashley, who Eric Young injured weeks back and has been MIA since. He's been involved with both EY and Angle, together and separately going back just a month or so.

But I suppose it could be someone else like RVD, who is a free agent, considering the fact IMPACT will be live this Friday, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Just remember that one of the more recent times this was teased, it was Pacman Jones. Just saying World Champion doesn't mean TNA World Heavyweight Champion. I'm assuming they're oging with Lashley though, as it would make the most sense.

First name that came to mind was Lashley. It makes perfect sense for him to be inserted into the guest referees position. I thought as a bit of a surprise maybe Bully Ray. His hard ass demeanor could make for an interesting mix. Plus maybe a Velvet appearance, assuming they are still together. Thinking way outside the box Jarrett or Styles would really generate some conversation.

Bobby Roode maybe? He's been off TV a while... otherwise maybe its Bully Ray?!?

I saw Roode on Impact not long ago. TNA have done too much false claiming to get viewers over the years, they'd actually risk the crowd turning on them if it was Lashley. Plus Lashley got 'injured' like 2 weeks ago.
I think it'll be Bully Ray, but I have my fingers crossed it'll be RVD
AJ would be cool, but no point from his point of view with all the ROH and NJPW dates he's doing. No one else is a possibility except very possibly Sabin, but he just re-debuted on ROH so again very unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back